• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Padron to re-establish the Santiago to Padron historical route

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notici...1.htm?utm_source=buscavoz&utm_medium=buscavoz

Google Translation:
The big bet Padrón future passes take that quantum leap and the "formula" to make it already has, it only remains to apply. That formula is in the "great historical basis" that has the capital of Sar firm commitment to recover the tradition of the way from Santiago to Padron and thereby occupy the "rightful place on the map St James' and also , "generate rich cultural, social and economic."
These were the main ideas outlined by the four speakers, all Jacobean experts, who spoke on Friday in the auditorium standards initiative of the Irmandade of Fillos of Friends of Padrón, the first to "claim" the historical road between Santiago and Padron
This reverse route, "complementary" such as that of Finisterre, after reaching the Cathedral of Santiago, and is documented in the Codex Calixtino. But undoubtedly the most comprehensive documentation of the reverse path is in the stories of pilgrims over the centuries who have done it and speak of three routes: Santiago to Finisterre and Padron, by the river Noia, the Padrón de Compostela and from the Galician capital, and finally, that of Santiago Padron and then to Portugal.
Itinerary
The "most important" to recover the tradition of reverse path "already done", which is the route, in this case, the last step of the pathway Portuguese. It would also to highlight and properly signalled first order Jacobean signs such as the Santiaguiño do Monte and Pedron, who claim that the Apostle preached on the rocks and died at the villa.
All that remains is the "political will" to promote and disseminate the historical path, especially in the field of more than 200 associations of friends of the Camino de Santiago found throughout the world.
Promotion guides, brochures and other material that the pilgrim may charge your pack so that in a matter of time, Padrón receives a flow of pilgrims like Finisterre or greater, as the capital of Sar path is "easier and affordable "and why would you issue a document, such as Compostela or fisterrana. And, as a pilgrimage, having the "social wealth, cultural and economic" now lets out.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sillydoll , thank you so much for posting this news -I'm always excited to ready of any Caminho Portugese related developments . I'm strugling a bit with the translation but I guess the basic premise here is to further promote Padron as a walk to destination after arrival in Santiago de Compostela for anyone not already passing through there. Plus of course the simple (!) reverse Caminho Portugese. In 2004 I met a girl around Pontevedra who was walking the route in reverse from SdC having already walked the Frances from SJPDP . This year I met people walking back to Porto having reached SdC.
I was sorry not to have spent more time in Padron . This year I missed an arrow and diverted slightly from the CP on entering Padron, and walked slap into the middle of the market from the south. This was splendid in many ways but a bit tricky with overlarge backpack and sleeping mat , squeezing through between stalls , VANS , traders, stallholders, and mountains of rubbish ( the practice being to dump all waste on the street which is cleared by a crack team of Padron Concelo employees after the event ) Also something of a culture shock after a relatively quiet path to that point.

That Padron market. It's...BIG. Even the pulperia tents would do for a city the size of Madrid. I visited the town twice, once as I blundered hopelessly against the signs from Santiago to Valenca, and again when I did it the easy way, and saw so much more. Padron is definitely worth a visit. Pontevedra (another twicer) I love.

Clear north-south markings would be great. Some people handle the anti-arrow thing quite well. Yo no.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back