• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Padron to Santiago … blister woes

Time of past OR future Camino
Apr & Sep 2013, Apr 2014, 2015, Sep 2022, 2023
Wondering if anyone can suggest a way to shorten our walk from padron to Santiago tomorrow. Blister woes and 32o heat mean 25k is a step too far …. Time restraints mean we can’t extend an extra day …. Help?? What can we cut out (bus/taxi) on the last leg into Santiago ? Thanks in advance.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wondering if anyone can suggest a way to shorten our walk from padron to Santiago tomorrow. Blister woes and 32o heat mean 25k is a step too far …. Time restraints mean we can’t extend an extra day …. Help?? What can we cut out (bus/taxi) on the last leg into Santiago ? Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry for your blister problems.
I'm not encouraging you to walk on blistered feet, but I'm sure that you know that you won't qualify for a Compostela if you take a bus or taxi.

Hopefully that's not important to you. You will still have your credential which holds many memories.

I'm sorry for your blister problems.
I'm not encouraging you to walk on blistered feet, but I'm sure that you know that you won't qualify for a Compostela if you take a bus or taxi.

Hopefully that's not important to you. You will still have your credential which holds many memories.
Take a taxi to O Milledoiro. You are about 1.5 hour walk from there (4.5 miles). Have the driver drop you off at the Centro de Cultura....it's right on the path. Get a sello at your hotel, then at the center or one of the cafes there before you start walking.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Take a taxi to O Milledoiro. You are about 1.5 hour walk from there (4.5 miles). Have the driver drop you off at the Centro de Cultura....it's right on the path. Get a sello at your hotel, then at the center or one of the cafes there before you start walking.
Also, buy some Compeed blister patches at the farmacia. Put them on and do not remove them. Shower, walk, whatever and they will fall off when your blisters have healed. They are cushioned so it shouldn't hurt too much to walk. I think they are a miracle!!

Also, buy some Compeed blister patches at the farmacia. Put them on and do not remove them. Shower, walk, whatever and they will fall off when your blisters have healed. They are cushioned so it shouldn't hurt too much to walk. I think they are a miracle!!
Also buy some Omnifix or Hypafix tape that comes on a wide roll. Cut a piece of tape larger than the Compeed and round off the corners. Put it over the Compeed, which can sometimes grab onto a sick at the edge and peel off prematurely.

Also apply the tape on areas where you get hot spots where a blister has not yet formed.

Pick up some Compseed in a pharmacy and apply a patch to your blister. You will feel instantly better and will be able to complete the walk. I had a blister tormenting me relentlessly into Astorga, and that Compseed was a life saver.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You can walk on blistered feet. It has been done before and will be done again. What a wonderful last memory of this camino. Much better than the memory of a cab/bus ride on your last day

Since @yogaflowjo posted over 24 hours ago I'm assuming that a decision was already made - what did you end up doing @yogaflowjo ?
hello (and thank you) to all those who posted here (I didn't think I had any responses at the time, and have just found you all tonight as I reminisce having just arrived back in Australia). My friend with the blisters wrapped her toes with compeed, plugged into her mental strength and determination and walked into Santiago (I did not have blisters myself). Thanks for your valuable advice.. though it was not seen in time, it is much appreciated xox

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back