• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Painting - Camino de Santiago - Onwards to Molinaseca

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 - Camino Frances
2019 - Camino Portugues
My wife and I walked the St. James way this past spring from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. The walk was, as expected of course, a life rewarding experience. We captured many of the beautiful sites and vistas we saw and experienced in 1,600+ photos and 50+ videos. These have become an excellent source of inspiration for my paintings. Here, I am sharing the first piece I created these past days. I am a self-taught starving artist that has only had time to paint 1-2 pieces a year. I am hoping to find more time to work on more paintings that capture our journey of the Camino. Buen Camino to all.

camino_acrylic_onwards_to_molinaseca_v2.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ah...your first painting...it is absolutely lovely!
I would be interested in seeing the foto alongside the painting and any story that may go along with it.
Keep creating and sharing. :)

Thank you for your kind words. I have attached both the reference photo as well as another version I painted in watercolor. I will continue to share paintings as I work through the stack of photos we have selected. My wife is keeping me very busy :)

The story behind this painting has significant meaning. The location for the scene is outside Foncebadon past the Cruz de Ferro and near Alto Altar. Upon arriving in Foncebadon the night prior, I received word that my elderly mother had just passed away back in Canada. My wife and I decided to continue on with our walk, but this now gave a strong purpose for the next morning's visit to the Cruz de Ferro and the climb to Alto Altar. I recall that morning was particularly rainy and gloomy but after that, the mist and clouds began to give way to light allowing the magnificent colours to line our pathway for the descent to Molinaseca. This may explain my use of the vibrant colours for this piece. Each image we captured along our walk has particular meaning and significance and this will continue to inspire my painting of the Camino - even as an amateur :)

Enjoy! Michael

camino_source_photo_onwards_to_molinaseca.jpg

camino_watercolour_onwards_to_molinaseca.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
This is lovely! I also have a few paintings of the Camino as well. Wasn't sure if it was okay to share them here.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for posting your painting. I love the bright colours. Spring on the CF is in your face beautiful. I don’t think I took as many photos as you but goodness me I could have. I have to say walking from Foncebadon was my favourite day of walking and I don’t even do hills! I walked this year knowing my 96 mum was following my progress. We had a family plan for any contingency. It did not happen but I was prepared in case it did. I am sorry that you did not have the same outcome. My condolences to you and your family.

Beautiful Michael! I love that part of the camino. Looking forward to seeing more of your paintings. I know other artists have shared paintings too on this forum. They're always wonderful to see.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Michael - Catching up on recent Forum daily updates today I found your thread with the lovely painting of the path onwards (and downwards!) into Molineseca. It's so beautiful, as is your Carrion de los Condes poppies painting. Thank you for sharing your artwork.
Cheers - Jenny

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back