• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona´s english conversation club would like to meet you

Note from the moderators, 8/20/2015: We have learned that the English Conversation Club has changed its meeting day to Wednesday. We have contacted them for updated information but check out their facebook page if you have doubts. Buen camino!

Hi everybody! Pamplona´s english conversation club would like to meet you and have a talk in english!. We are studying english so we would be very pleased if some of you wanted to join us. We meet every Tuesday at 7 p.m. at O´Connor´s Irish Pub in Paseo de Sarasate in Pamplona (just five minutes walking from pilgrims hostel or albergue ).

We usually practice english from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and afterwards, we go to taste typical 'pintxos'. If you are in Pamplona (only Tuesdays) and want to join us do not hesitate to contact us at pamplonahablaingles@yahoo.es or http://www.facebook.com/pamplonahi

If you joined us you would have the opportunity to know spanish people, moreover I am sure you would have a good time and you could ask us everything you want to know about the city,the camino, Navarra´s history, or spanish culture.

Sorry for the mistakes in my written english! :-S

Thank you very much! see you in Pamplona and buen camino!

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What a great idea! You should see if the albergues will let you put up a poster. I think it would be a fun way to spend an hour or so. I for one would welcome the opportunity to go around for pintxos with people who really know their stuff! I've had a ton of great pintxos in Pamplona, but I'm sure there are lots of local favorites that I've never discovered.

Buen camino, Laurie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi! I´m glad to know you like the idea!. As I told you, we are a group of different people studying english (doctors, nurses, engineers, bus drivers, economists, unemployed people,teachers, university students, etc) from 20 to 65 years old. We welcome everybody and all of you are invited to join us (even if you are not an english-speaking native! it doesn´t matter!). See you all in Pamplona!

Buen camino.

What a wonderful invitation! If you are still there in September 2014, I would be delighted to meet you and see some of your beautiful city.Many thanks for your hospitality.
Sister Simon Clare, OSA

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I would also love to meet you.......I will be arriving in Pamploma on 14th May and will stay for two days before beginning my Camino.
Looking forward to some companionship on my first night in Pamploma.
Regards susanawee

What a great idea but I'll miss it by a day. Just had a look on Google Maps (May 2009)and saw it on the corner of the street painted in the Clare colors ( Up The Banner) unless it has change since May 2009. Hope the Guinness is good,I must call during the day to have a look and sample the Guinness !!!.
Tóg go bóg e.
Slan agus beannacht.
Buen Camino.
Des.

Muchas gracias por su amable invitación.
I sincerely hope to meet up with you all on Tuesday 26th March. Looks like I have to start in Pamplona with the weather conditions as they are. It will be nice to meet friendly faces. Where do you meet?

Gina & Georgia

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I certainly would love to have this opportunity to meet locals. I am learning Spanish now. I am leaving St Jean on June 8, 13. I do not know when I will get to Pamplona; if it is possible, I will look you up. You should post your schedule and address in Albergues. Great idea!

reg2450 said:
Muchas gracias por su amable invitación.
I sincerely hope to meet up with you all on Tuesday 26th March. Looks like I have to start in Pamplona with the weather conditions as they are. It will be nice to meet friendly faces. Where do you meet?

Gina & Georgia

Great! We meet every Tuesday at O´Connor´s Irish Pub (Paseo Sarasate 13, Pamplona) at 7 p.m. We have put a poster at the Albergue in the city center (calle compania 4,Pamplona), so you can look for it or ask the receptionist. See you there! :D

Thanks! Buen camino!

http://www.facebook.com/pamplonahi
pamplonahablaingles@yahoo.es

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Plod said:
I hope I will be in Pamplona on a Tuesday. Such a nice opportunity! :D
Kay

Such a nice opportunity to us too! :)
Last Tuesday a boy from Canada and a girl from Germany joined us to talk in English. After an hour or so talking in English at O´Connor´s Irish Pub we went to famous Estafeta street to taste typical pintxos (tapas).

See you soon! buen camino!

Luis

Bother, I will not be able to be there on a Tuesday and the last time I was in the pub was 1998. I am planning to go and raise a glass of guiness there in memory of my late father. He was with me at that visit. It would have been wonderful to meet you.

I told the young girl behind the bar that I wanted no ice in my coke because I didn't want to risk the local water.

she told me that the water was perfectly safe. she, of course, was right. :D

Hi!
I have to tell you that yesterday we had a terrific meeting! Pilgrims from Korea, USA, Ireland, Italy and Germany joined us to talk in English! Alex from Germany, Johana from Florida (USA), Marguerite from Montana (USA), Davide from Padova (Italy) and I cant´t remember the names of the rest, specially the Koreans´ names (really difficult to pronounce!). After the meeting we showed them the "Encierro" monument (see the picture) and went to Estafeta street to taste some pintxos. Such a nice experience!!!

And as they are going to stay in Pamplona today, some of the English club mates are going to show them the city, nice opportunity to know our culture and history with local people!

Thank you very much to all of them! and of course thanks to all the people in this forum, see you in Pamplona and buen camino!

Luis
http://www.pamplonahablaingles.com

Attachments

• PilgrimsReducida.jpg
    PilgrimsReducida.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 152
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I can thouroughly recommend the experience to anyone who can get to a meeting. I used to attend one evrey week in Madrid while I worked in Segovia. They are tremendous way to make Spanish friends and who knows what your future interaction with them might be? And it is the epitome of the camino sharing spirit.

Hi everybody again! How it´s going? Yesterday two pilgrims joined our conversation club to practice English, an Irish man an a French woman, it was really funny! Even two Canadian tourists in the bar joined us. Thanks for your help and thanks for letting us practice English with you!! :)

See you every Tuesday at 7 p.m. at O´Connor´s Irish Pub in Paseo Sarasate nº 13 in Pamplona!
Pilgrims are really really welcome!! See you there! buen camino!

Luis
Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/pamplonahi
A video of the meetings: http://www.pamplonahablaingles.com

Hi everybody again! How it´s going? Yesterday two pilgrims joined our conversation club to practice English, an Irish man an a French woman, it was really funny! Even two Canadian tourists in the bar joined us. Thanks for your help and thanks for letting us practice English with you!! :)

See you every Tuesday at 7 p.m. at O´Connor´s Irish Pub in Paseo Sarasate nº 13 in Pamplona!
Pilgrims are really really welcome!! See you there! buen camino!

Luis
Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/pamplonahi
A video of the meetings: http://www.pamplonahablaingles.com

Hola!
This is truly a great idea! I hope to join you Tuesday 1st October I'm an English nurse and my Spanish is needing a lot of improvement. So glad I spotted this thread.
Muchas Gracias, Sarah

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I hope to join you guys next Tuesday 27/8/13! How far are you from Aloha Hostel? We will be staying there 2 nights before we begin our walk Wednesday.
Jessica

Hi everybody again!
I´m writing to you just to remember new pilgrims that if you happen to be in Pamplona on any Tuesday, you can join local people in our English conversation club. Long time without pilgrims in our meetings, so I hope to see you soon :)
We meet every Tuesday at O´Connor´s Irish Pub (Paseo Sarasate nº 13, Pamplona), 5 minutes walking from the pilgrims hostel!

Thank you very much. Buen camino.
Luis

P.D: This is a picture of the last meeting ( February, 18th)
1888519_722466297793321_2000058314_n.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi everybody! Pamplona´s english conversation club would like to meet you and have a talk in english!. We are studying english so we would be very pleased if some of you wanted to join us. We meet every Tuesday at 7 p.m. at O´Connor´s Irish Pub in Paseo de Sarasate in Pamplona (just five minutes walking from pilgrims hostel or albergue ).

We usually practice english from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and afterwards, we go to taste typical 'pintxos'. If you are in Pamplona (only Tuesdays) and want to join us do not hesitate to contact us at pamplonahablaingles@yahoo.es or http://www.facebook.com/pamplonahi

If you joined us you would have the opportunity to know spanish people, moreover I am sure you would have a good time and you could ask us everything you want to know about the city,the camino, Navarra´s history, or spanish culture.

Sorry for the mistakes in my written english! :-S

Thank you very much! see you in Pamplona and buen camino!
Thank you for your invitation, I will strive to be in Pamplona on a Tuesday, to meet your group. I am sure that your English will be better than my Spanish.
Adios,
Viv (Nurse and recent law graduate, we aleady hhave lots in common!)

Hi everybody again!
I´m writing to you just to remember new pilgrims that if you happen to be in Pamplona on any Tuesday, you can join local people in our English conversation club. Long time without pilgrims in our meetings, so I hope to see you soon :)
We meet every Tuesday at O´Connor´s Irish Pub (Paseo Sarasate nº 13, Pamplona), 5 minutes walking from the pilgrims hostel!

Thank you very much. Buen camino.
Luis

P.D: This is a picture of the last meeting ( February, 18th)
1888519_722466297793321_2000058314_n.jpg
What a fantastic post :) muchas gracias!
I was just about to ask if you all still have meetings & saw your latest post.
I'm walking mid May 2014 from SJPDP and will hopefully plan well to get to Pamplona on a Tuesday just so I can meet up with you all :)

What a fantastic post :) muchas gracias!
I was just about to ask if you all still have meetings & saw your latest post.
I'm walking mid May 2014 from SJPDP and will hopefully plan well to get to Pamplona on a Tuesday just so I can meet up with you all :)

Thank you very much! Hope to see you in Pamplona! we keep the meetings up, but since tomorrow in a new place, "The House Beer", in calle Rozalejo 4, in the city center, about 5-7 minutes walking from the main Albergue. Here it is a map to show you how to get there:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...I95JQDTFp5Q04cEd4oQ&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=17

For more info you can send me an email:

Buen camino!
:)
www.facebook.com/pamplonahi
www.pamplonahablaingles.com

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi everybody, this is just to remember you :) that if you happen to be in Pamplona on Tuesday you can join our English conversation club as Vivien from Australia did in May (here it is a picture), thank you very much Vivien for visiting us and helping us improving our English!!. We had a nice meeting thanks to you. Hope you had a buen camino.
See you all in Pamplona. ;-)

Luis

2014-05-2 Vivien.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am sorry to have missed you, was in Pamplona on a weekend! But you really should post here more often and perhaps even contact @ivar for some online networking as this seems to be such a great opportunity to learn more about each others cultures! Buen Camino de la vida! SY

Just an update, prompted by some comments on the forum about language difficulties. This club in Pamplona is still going strong, they have a weekly gathering on Wednesdays at 7 pm, and they now appear to be meeting in Zentral.

https://www.facebook.com/pamplonahi/

Walking from the albergue to Zentral is easy, it's near Town Hall. I think it's always fun to meet "locals" and this is an easy way to do it if you're in Pamplona on a Wednesday. Screenshot 2016-02-24 08.13.55.png

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.