• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona Airport to Zariquiequi

Time of past OR future Camino
I am thinking of flying to Pamplona to start my Camino (Pamplona to Leon, San Salvador, Primitivo) in mid-September. When I Google, it looks like an easy walk from the airport to Zariquiequi. I stayed there on my 2019 Camino. Has anyone walked from the airport to Zariquiegui? Looking for how busy the roads may be as you first depart the airport area. Looks like sidewalk until country roads.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did this many years ago via walking south from the airport via PA 31 to Noain and then west cross country.

Or you might walk southeast from the airport to Tiebas to join the Camino Aragones. Tiebas has two albergues.

After Tiebas walk west on the CA paralleling route NA-601 to the splendid circular Romanesque church at Eunate where the albergue is now unfortunately closed and then 4k further to Puente la Reina/Gares to meet the Camino Frances.

Happy planning and Buen camino

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The thing about that airport is there was (is?) no city bus that runs to it, so I ended up walking into town. It’s a fine route that’s mostly sidewalks albeit not terribly scenic. If you’ve done the walk into Burgos before, it’s a bit like that.

There was a bus running from the airport to downtown Pamplona when I was there in March of 2019. I took the bus to fortress downtown and picked up the Frances there.

frm

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did this many years ago via walking south from the airport via PA 31 to Noain and then west cross country.

Or you might walk southeast from the airport to Tiebas to join the Camino Aragones. Tiebas has two albergues.

After Tiebas walk west on the CA paralleling route NA-601 to the splendid circular Romanesque church at Eunate where the albergue is now unfortunately closed and then 4k further to Puente la Reina/Gares to meet the Camino Frances.

Happy planning and Buen camino
How do you remember all that???? Very impressive. I sometimes have trouble finding my bathroom from my bed at night.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back