Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Pamplona and San Fermin?

PFarnsworth

Camino Believer
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances July 2018.
I will be in Pamplona on June 30 or July 1 and am hoping that this will be early enough to MISS the crowds attracted to the San Fermin "running of the bulls" festival that starts July 6th. Does anyone know if being there a week early will be enough for me to miss the crowds?

LakeMcD

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 15' Portuguese 16' GR10/Norte/Primitivo 17' Chemin LePuy 18' Salvador/Prim/Kerry Way 19'
I had one hospitalero tell me they just shut down for the week because they don't want to deal it.

Mugatu

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Finisterre, Muxia (2018)
Camino Frances or Norte (2019 , June 27-Aug 8)
I will be there on the 7th, and plan to walk past it... is there a preferred alternate route that bypasses the crowd

D

Deleted member 3000

The running of the bulls is at 8 a.m. between the 7th and the 14th. The setup makes it impossible to get through town. However, it only takes about 3 minutes, so the route is cleared away by about 8:15 a.m., and you can fight your way through the crowd on the marked route.

Before 0800 you will have bear left at Trinidad de Arre and stay well away from the town center. Aim for the Ciudadela Park at the end of the circle.

Easiest will be to get to town after about 10 a.m. Only a handful of the albergues are open, and they will be expensive and full. As a result, Cizur Menor also will fill early all week.

Trude

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais 2013 Finnestere, Muxia 2013, 2017
Norte 2014, Francais, 2015, 2016, VDLP 2017
I will be there on the 7th, and plan to walk past it... is there a preferred alternate route that bypasses the crowd

The running of the bulls is a night time festival so when you walk through in the daytime all the drunks will be sleeping it off. You will not find too many crowds in between 9 am and 2pm.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts