• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona and...?

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Fine tuning my October Camino, starting at Bilbao heading south so good reason says join the CF through Haro (¡Rioja!) at Logroño or Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Common sense? Guidebook recommendations and the Scruff? Doesn't happen. Pamplona is one of my favorite stops on the Caminop and I will not miss another visit. Haro? Backwards, from Logroño or from SDdlC, not that far. So Pamplona it is - so what's the problem? Ah, I would like a day trip from Pamplona to Sangüesa another say 50 kilometers in the wrong direction, so the plan: hop a bus in the morning to go see Santa Maria la Real -the magnificant Romanesque church there - and return that evening or early next morning. Saint Google knows of four buses a day at appropriate hours, La Veloz Sangüesina S.A., the bus company on that line, lists only one. ALSA was no help. I do not want to miss the amazing tympanum in Sangüesa and I do not want to walk another 100 kilometers. Has anyone actually done this? Would appreciate any ifno or experience.
S

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Scruffy, I have not taken a trip from Pamplona, but I spent a night in Sangüesa on the Camino Aragonés and we visited the church. Outside is stunning. Inside has pretty barrel arches and some pushing up to form a little bit of an arch. If you spend the night, you might be able to stay in the albergue in town. We thought it was spotlessly clean, very well maintained, nice kitchen, and had mostly single beds rather than bunks. Only problem is, we heard that the day after we stayed there that it was closed for fumigation for bed bugs. We didn't have any problems, and the fact that they fumigated suggests you'd be fine. But I was kind of peeved that the hospitalera had told us that the albergue was going to be closed the next day "in order to make some improvements." We could't imagine what improvements they could be thinking of installing, until we heard further down the road that pilgrims had been arriving with bedbugs traced to Sangüesa. Buen camino, Laurie

Estacion de Autobuses Pamplona - See 'Rutas' to find the bus company that provides service to Sangüesa.
http://www.estaciondeautobusesdepamplona.com/Inicio.aspx.html

Unfortunately the bus company LA VELOZ SANGÜESINA S.A. doesn't have a website. There used to be a schedule for all the bus routes in Navarra ... but I can't find it anymore. So this is best schedule I can find. I'm not sure how reliable it is.
http://zangozaldea.blogspot.ca/p/autobuses.html

You might try sending an e-mail.
lavelozsl@terra.es <lavelozsl@terra.es>

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Fine tuning my October Camino, starting at Bilbao heading south so good reason says join the CF through Haro (¡Rioja!) at Logroño or Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Common sense? Guidebook recommendations and the Scruff? Doesn't happen. Pamplona is one of my favorite stops on the Caminop and I will not miss another visit. Haro? Backwards, from Logroño or from SDdlC, not that far. So Pamplona it is - so what's the problem? Ah, I would like a day trip from Pamplona to Sangüesa another say 50 kilometers in the wrong direction, so the plan: hop a bus in the morning to go see Santa Maria la Real -the magnificant Romanesque church there - and return that evening or early next morning. Saint Google knows of four buses a day at appropriate hours, La Veloz Sangüesina S.A., the bus company on that line, lists only one. ALSA was no help. I do not want to miss the amazing tympanum in Sangüesa and I do not want to walk another 100 kilometers. Has anyone actually done this? Would appreciate any ifno or experience.
S

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Pamplona/Sangüesa

Thanks but been there done that site before. Too many different times so will play it as I hit the ground in Pamplona.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have only a commitment on 10 and 11. I hope will be those days are not

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Anni. I think it is open.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back