• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona - Burgos in less than 5 minutes

andonius

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Ingles, Portugues, Norte, Primitivo, Aragones, Baztan, Sanabres, Finisterre
During the Holy Week this year I walked a part of the French way; starting in Pamplona and finishing in Burgos in 10 days.
The Camino was almost as before the Covid era, with lots of pilgrims from many countries. I found people coming from England, France, USA (Seattle), New Zealand, Mexico, Ireland and even a nice girl from Hungary that had begun the way right on the front of her house IN BUDAPEST¡¡¡¡¡. That's more than 3.000 kms far from Santiago¡¡¡¡. The Covid is almost forgotten on the way and it's on it's best again. NIce walk, nice food and drink, nice people, nice thoughts an reflections...nice life.
I recorded my Camino via GPS in an APP and then I added photos I made on the pilmigrage. With that I've composed a video that shows all the route resumed in something less than 5 minutes.
I leave it here in case some of you would like to revisit that part or visit it for the first time.
Hope you enjoy it and maybe some of you will be encouraged to join us, pilgrims on the Way, very soon.
And don't forget: You really begin your Way as soon as you start thinking about it¡¡¡ (and it's VERY adictive)
BUEN CAMINO, pilgrims from all over the world, and thanks for sharing your Camino with the rest of us.

Attachments

• 95070740101_relive_1650982242005.mp4
    50.2 MB
Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
During the Holy Week this year I walked a part of the French way; starting in Pamplona and finishing in Burgos in 10 days.
The Camino was almost as before the Covid era, with lots of pilgrims from many countries. I found people coming from England, France, USA (Seattle), New Zealand, Mexico, Ireland and even a nice girl from Hungary that had begun the way right on the front of her house IN BUDAPEST¡¡¡¡¡. That's more than 3.000 kms far from Santiago¡¡¡¡. The Covid is almost forgotten on the way and it's on it's best again. NIce walk, nice food and drink, nice people, nice thoughts an reflections...nice life.
I recorded my Camino via GPS in an APP and then I added photos I made on the pilmigrage. With that I've composed a video that shows all the route resumed in something less than 5 minutes.
I leave it here in case some of you would like to revisit that part or visit it for the first time.
Hope you enjoy it and maybe some of you will be encouraged to join us, pilgrims on the Way, very soon.
And don't forget: You really begin your Way as soon as you start thinking about it¡¡¡ (and it's VERY adictive)
BUEN CAMINO, pilgrims from all over the world, and thanks for sharing your Camino with the rest of us.
Congratulations! A fantastic brief presentation. I like it a lot and wish I had the skill to put together sg like this.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you for this wonderful video- I start my Camino in SJPP on May 14th - this gave a wonderful look into what’s coming ! Thank you

I'll be taking the camino on this coming September and I wish I could do the recording via GPS in the App.
It's wonderful to bring the old fond memories back from Pamplona to the Burgos and wonder if you teach these peregrinos like me how to record them if it doesn't need a lot of the professional skills.
Enjoyed your presentations!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Nice. Thank you.

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'll be taking the camino on this coming September and I wish I could do the recording via GPS in the App.
It's wonderful to bring the old fond memories back from Pamplona to the Burgos and wonder if you teach these peregrinos like me how to record them if it doesn't need a lot of the professional skills.
Enjoyed your presentations!
I'll be more than happy to try to explain how to do the video; Don Kim.
The video is made with an APP called Relive. The APP Is free if you only want a video of your walk, but if you want to add pictures you have to pay a monthly fee.
To create a video, you first need to register in your phone the GPS track of your walk in one of the multiple APP,s that do that. I use Mapmywalk, but there are a lot more.
I start Mapmywalk when I begin my day's walk and it records via GPS in my phone all the stage with distances and times and shows it in a map. When I finish the stage, I close the APP and it maintains the GPS data of the walk I've made.
diring the walk, I also take pictures in the same phone. As the pictures are geolocated, when you create your video the same Relive APP tells you in what exact point of the stage each picture was taken.
After finishing the stage I upload the activity from Mapmywalk to Relive and Relive creates a video (very easy to do, you only have to connect your Relive APP to your Mapmywalk (or other) APP once and it remains fixed).
As I told you Relive is free, but If you want to add pictures and music to your video you have to pay a monthly fee (around 6 €) to upgrade to Relive Premium that allows you to do that. What I do is to pay the subscription for one month and as soon I've finished editing my videos I cancel it.
Adding pictures is also easy. The app shows you all the pictures that you have in your phone that were taken during your walk. You just select the ones you want to show in your video; add a description if you want and the APP automatically inserts them in the aproximate moment of your walk in wich they were taken.
I usaually create a video of each stage I make for my personal use, but in that ocasion I've joined ten stages in just one long video that shows all the pilgrimage in just 5 minutes

As I told you, that's the process with the APP's I use, but I'm sure that you will find others in the market that can do the same job in a very similar way. The basic is to have your walk recorded via GPS and to take geolocated pictures.

If you like that kind of videos you can also watch those two older posts in that forum that show you all the stages in Camino Portugues and Camino Ingles I made in 2021:

Camino Portugues from Tuy via Spiritual Way : https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-portugues-in-may-2-021.70348/#post-929068
Camino Inglés : https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-in-may-2-021.70362/

Hope that helps you to create your own memories.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The video is made with an APP called Relive. The APP Is free if you only want a video of your walk, but if you want to add pictures you have to pay a monthly fee.
To create a video, you first need to register in your phone the GPS track of your walk in one of the multiple APP,s that do that. I use Mapmywalk, but there are a lot more.
I start Mapmywalk when I begin my day's walk and it records via GPS in my phone all the stage with distances and times and shows it in a map. When I finish the stage, I close the APP and it maintains the GPS data of the walk I've made.
diring the walk, I also take pictures in the same phone. As the pictures are geolocated, when you create your video the same Relive APP tells you in what exact point of the stage each picture was taken.
After finishing the stage I upload the activity from Mapmywalk to Relive and Relive creates a video (very easy to do, you only have to connect your Relive APP to your Mapmywalk (or other) APP once and it remains fixed).
As I told you Relive is free, but If you want to add pictures and music to your video you have to pay a monthly fee (around 6 €) to upgrade to Relive Premium that allows you to do that. What I do is to pay the subscription for one month and as soon I've finished editing my videos I cancel it.
Adding pictures is also easy. The app shows you all the pictures that you have in your phone that were taken during your walk. You just select the ones you want to show in your video; add a description if you want and the APP automatically inserts them in the aproximate moment of your walk in wich they were taken.
I usaually create a video of each stage I make for my personal use, but in that ocasion I've joined ten stages in just one long video that shows all the pilgrimage in just 5 minutes

As I told you, that's the process with the APP's I use, but I'm sure that you will find others in the market that can do the same job in a very similar way. The basic is to have your walk recorded via GPS and to take geolocated pictures.

If you like that kind of videos you can also watch those two older posts in that forum that show you all the stages in Camino Portugues and Camino Ingles I made in 2021:

Camino Portugues from Tuy via Spiritual Way : https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-portugues-in-may-2-021.70348/#post-929068
Camino Inglés : https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-in-may-2-021.70362/

Thank you so much, Andonius of sharing your video skills and ideas with us.I’ll definitely try to study first and hopefully do my own video as you did. Thanks again million times.

You can also record your track in the Relive app itself. No need to use another app.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks @andonius. I really liked the video and would like to try one myself. Did you find that having a tracker on all day drained your battery a lot?
I track myself on long hikes all the time (iPhone 13 Pro Max). And a 7-8 hour hike still leaves 50% battery. If I put the phone in airplane mode while tracking, there is still 70-80% left.

Thanks @andonius. I really liked the video and would like to try one myself. Did you find that having a tracker on all day drained your battery a lot?
I agree with Viva Terlingua in his answer. In a normal walk of 7 hours the battery will still have about 50% if you don't use the phone or other APps. My phone is a Samsumg A52

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I agree with Viva Terlingua in his answer. In a normal walk of 7 hours the battery will still have about 50% if you don't use the phone or other APps. My phone is a Samsumg A52
Thanks, that's useful to know. I'll try before I go. I always want some battery in case of emergencies.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back