• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona Bus question

NCfishboy

I have totally confused myself, granted thats not very hard, happens often and I should be used to it. I have been reading over several posts and decided to try to get the ALSA bus from pamplona to SJPDP at 14:00. Now that part that confused me is where do you get your ticket and on the bus in relation to the airport? Do you take a cab to a bus station or what? Less than 3 weeks and the worry factor is setting in.

Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have totally confused myself, granted thats not very hard, happens often and I should be used to it. I have been reading over several posts and decided to try to get the ALSA bus from pamplona to SJPDP at 14:00. Now that part that confused me is where do you get your ticket and on the bus in relation to the airport? Do you take a cab to a bus station or what? Less than 3 weeks and the worry factor is setting in.

Thanks.
In Pamplona you can buy the ticket (from Pamplona to Sjpp) from the bus driver.I do not know if it is possible to buy it in advance online. You cannot buy it at the bus station in advance, only from the bus driver.

At the Pamplona bus station find out which bus stop is the one to Sjpp and line up there about 15- 30 min before if you can. There is an information office and they will help you if needed. The bus station is under the street level.

You can take a taxi from the airport if would like to. It is much easier of course, saves time and you don't have to worry. About 20-25 euros. (I have done that about a week ago).

Anything else you are wondering? I spent 3 nights in Pamplona and now I am in Sarria.

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
... decided to try to get the ALSA bus from pamplona to SJPDP at 14:00. Now that part that confused me is where do you get your ticket and on the bus in relation to the airport? Do you take a cab to a bus station or what? ...

The bus station is in the centre of Pamplona, the airport is 6km away. You can take a cab (expensive) or simply take the bus into Pamplona Centro (~2 Euro). Buen Camino, SY

At the ALSA ticket counter in the bus station.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
At the ALSA ticket counter in the bus station.

Last week there was no ticket counter for the tickets to Sjpp in Pamplona.

The bus company for Sjpp is Conda.

Last edited:
The bus to the city center doesn't actually go to the airport, at least it didn't in April this year. You have to walk out to the main road, cross, and find the bus stop. The simpler solution would be to get a taxi directly to the bus station; about 12 euros. Just tell the driver 'Estacion de Autobus.' It is a common destination.

As of July, you could buy your bus ticket for Pamplona to SJPP at the Alsa/Conda ticket window, but NOT on the bus.

Starting in three weeks...what day do you arrive in Pamplona, NCfishboy? I might see you there!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In addition of the above info as to where to buy ticket at the bus station, there is also a ticket machine close to the counters where you can buy ticket easily (in English, Spanish etc.), very user friendly. Do not worry when you see ALSA on it, you can buy ticket for CONDA bus also. I bought one there after worrying about whether or not any counter will be open, and especially whether or not they will understand what ticket I wanted (I don’t speak enough Spanish). On one occasion I tried to buy a ticket and the person behind the counter refused to help as it was not the time yet until a passing bus driver told him (I think) to help me and luckily he gave me the correct ticket. Trust me, the machine saved my life! Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back