• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona-- central (private?) hotel/hostel for 2 day stay

Suzanne Edminster

Time of past OR future Camino
Paloma-Santiago June-July 2014
Hi experts... I'll be starting my camino from Pamplona (arriving Madrid) but thought I'd like to stay 2 nights as I'll need the rest from the travel. Can you suggest a nice place I could reserve to stay 2 nights at a modest price? It could be an alburgue, but I'll need to stay an extra night. Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi experts... I'll be starting my camino from Pamplona (arriving Madrid) but thought I'd like to stay 2 nights as I'll need the rest from the travel. Can you suggest a nice place I could reserve to stay 2 nights at a modest price? It could be an alburgue, but I'll need to stay an extra night. Thanks.
Hello Suzanne.
Have a look here: [url=http://www.jakobusfreunde-paderborn.eu/Download/Unterkunft_Altstadt_Pamplona.pdf]Private accomodations in Pamplona[/URL]

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Suzanne.
Have a look here: Accomodations in Pamplona City
Buen Camino
Jochen

I can recommend Pension Escaray, located in the historic center at Calle Nueva, 24. You can reserve via email at esca24@gmail.com. The pension is on the first floor (up one flight of stairs) in a character-filled old building. The rooms are basic but private, with shared bath, for 20 euros a night. The couple who run the place, Joakin and Rosa, speak only Spanish, and their son, also Joakin speaks English (he reads the emails). I love this place for the location and the warmth of lovely Rosa.

I have stayed many times at the
http://www.casaibarrola.com/ This private Alburgue is modern and clean reasonable price just as you enter Pamplona old town.

Hostal Bearán, which is very close to the main square, on a pedestrian street, and right across the street from a very good, not fancy, reasonably priced restaurant, Basseri.

Hostal -- http://www.hostalbearan.es/ Rooms are 45-50 for a double. The prices have gone up a lot since I started staying there in 2000! Nancy´s recommendation is a lot cheaper, because singles here are 38!! But they do have private bath if that matters.

Restaurant -- http://www.restaurantebaserri.com/ (restaurant is at the very back of the bar area, I think their menús del día have a great price/quality ratio).

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed at Hotel Eslava in 2009 and would definitely stay there again. Though a tad out of the centre, it is still relatively close to everything in this fairly compact city, and is ideally placed for leaving on the morning of your start. It was also on a very quiet street which is so important when you need your rest. Some hotels I stayed at along the way were on streets that came alive at night. (In my hotel on Calle Puebla in Burgos, the din past midnight was almost unbelievable! But that's another story.) Also, Hotel Eslava had one of the best breakfasts of any hotels I splurged on. Breakfast is served 0700--1000. A single with ensuite and breakfast is about 38-40 Euros.

http://www.hotel-eslava.com/

We stayed at Hostal Bearan at 25 Calle San Nicolas in Pamplona. The room was very clean, secure and had good beds and a full bath. It is also centrally located near many bars and restaurants; a very short distance from La Plaza del Castillo. The cost was something like 43 Euros per night for two people, two beds. The owners, an older couple, were very pleasant to chat with and were very helpful.

I also stayed in Hostal Bearan at 25 Calle San Nicolas, right near the Plaza del Castillo. It was very clean, had a full bath in the room, the owners were very pleasant to deal with and we were quite happy. I seem to remember paying something like 43 Euros for two people per night. One small problem was our window faced the little street and the youth were partying almost until dawn and it was pretty loud.
Hostal Bearán, which is very close to the main square, on a pedestrian street, and right across the street from a very good, not fancy, reasonably priced restaurant, Basseri.

Hostal -- http://www.hostalbearan.es/ Rooms are 45-50 for a double. The prices have gone up a lot since I started staying there in 2000! Nancy´s recommendation is a lot cheaper, because singles here are 38!! But they do have private bath if that matters.

Restaurant -- http://www.restaurantebaserri.com/ (restaurant is at the very back of the bar area, I think their menús del día have a great price/quality ratio).

Hostel Hemingway, Calle Amaya 26, 948983884. Free wifi and breakfast thrown in. Clean warm and comfortable about 10 mins from bus station and same to Jesus y Maria albergue. I stayed there last March for one night then walked round to the abergue about lunch time and stayed there for a night before setting off for a wee walk :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I can recommend Pension Escaray, located in the historic center at Calle Nueva, 24. You can reserve via email at esca24@gmail.com. The pension is on the first floor (up one flight of stairs) in a character-filled old building. The rooms are basic but private, with shared bath, for 20 euros a night. The couple who run the place, Joakin and Rosa, speak only Spanish, and their son, also Joakin speaks English (he reads the emails). I love this place for the location and the warmth of lovely Rosa.
Sounds just right! Thank you so much for helping my Camino off to a gracious start.

Sounds great as well! Thanks for the food tip.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stayed at Hotel Eslava in 2009 and would definitely stay there again. Though a tad out of the centre, it is still relatively close to everything in this fairly compact city, and is ideally placed for leaving on the morning of your start. It was also on a very quiet street which is so important when you need your rest. Some hotels I stayed at along the way were on streets that came alive at night. (In my hotel on Calle Puebla in Burgos, the din past midnight was almost unbelievable! But that's another story.) Also, Hotel Eslava had one of the best breakfasts of any hotels I splurged on. Breakfast is served 0700--1000. A single with ensuite and breakfast is about 38-40 Euros.

And I love breakfast! This sounds ideal for making a smooth start when I begin to walk. Thanks!

Hostel Hemingway, Calle Amaya 26, 948983884. Free wifi and breakfast thrown in. Clean warm and comfortable about 10 mins from bus station and same to Jesus y Maria albergue. I stayed there last March for one night then walked round to the abergue about lunch time and stayed there for a night before setting off for a wee walk :)
Thanks so much... this sounds like a doable plan to start the "wee walk!"

I stayed here too, for two nights and it was lovely. I highly recommend it. You pay a pilgrim rate for the first night, and a normal rate the second (its a difference of about four or five euro). If you book in advance, you'll get a double room all to yourself (extra cost), though the dorms are small, clean and lovely.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stayed here too, for two nights and it was lovely. I highly recommend it. You pay a pilgrim rate for the first night, and a normal rate the second (its a difference of about four or five euro). If you book in advance, you'll get a double room all to yourself (extra cost), though the dorms are small, clean and lovely.
Another great recommendation! I'd like a place where I can meet a few piligrims, even if it is not a regular hostel. Thanks.

I'll second that. I stayed at the Hemingway last spring for one night and thought it was great. I can't remember what I paid but it was quite reasonable.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Iv just booked 2 nights in the Hemingway Hostel in May. Hopefully i will meet some pilgrims who can help me out with any issues i have regarding My Camino, so excited now.

Hi... I have reserved here, I think! Great tip. I will try the deposit transfer in euros from USA to Spain to hold the room and let you know how it goes.

I decided to take Hotel Eslava... the reviews are good, and the price seems reasonable at 40 E for a single with a bath. You can also book online, which is nice.

They are already pretty full for June, so book soon!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The Hemingway was great. As clean as an albergue can be I guess, it was my first time ever staying in one. Pleny of bathrooms all fully stocked, kitchen open all day to make food, tea coffee etc. And just a 6 min walk to the park that starts u Off on the Camino. I stayed for 2 days and had a lovely wonder around. I'd recommend it.

Thanks to everyone that has responded on this thread. I took heart to all the suggestions and booked the Hostel Hemingway as it seemed good value for the price and close to what I was looking for. Once again, thank you all!!

Ed

Pension Escaray asked for a deposit?

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Pension Escaray asked for a deposit?
Yes, Nancy, they asked for a half deposit of 20E by direct transfer. Though I may have preferred the Escaray-- it is half the price for a private room and I don't care about sharing a bathroom-- the thought of a transfer via bank (in the days of credit cards) made it a bit too difficult for me in the USA. You can book the Hotel Eslava online and there is no deposit. Nancy, are you still currently in SF Bay Area? I live in Santa Rosa.

Curious about the deposit. Maybe they don't ask me because I'm a regular? I'm here now, so maybe I will ask if I see the son, Joakin.

I live in Oakland now...close by!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Curious about the deposit. Maybe they don't ask me because I'm a regular? I'm here now, so maybe I will ask if I see the son, Joakin.

I live in Oakland now...close by!
Here's the letter... very polite but complicated:
Pensión Escaray Pamplona 11 de mayo de 2014
Hi,
If you are interested in one single room, during one night (from 6th to 8th of June_ 2 nights ), you can send the money by transfer. You have to send the half of the total in euros:
Total: 40 € Half: 20 €
In the office of your bank need these details to do the transfer:

- Name of Bank: CAJA LABORAL POPULAR

- Address of your bank branch: Paseo Sarasate (Pamplona).

- Name of the account: JOAQUÍN ESCARAY LOZANO

- IBAN:ES73 3035 0058 3505 8005 3423

- Swift/BIC Code: CLPEES2MXXX

Please, send me an email with a copy of the receipt of your bank. When I see this information, I’ll send an e-mail with the confirmation letter.

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.