• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona Dinner Bed and Breakfast

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi all, is there a hostel, hostal, pensión, hotel, anything, anywhere in Pamplona city center that does a dinner, bed and breakfast (half board) pre-bookable rate? Looking for somewhere to stay in post-covid times for a small group. We will have been travelling for 2 whole days, totally wrecked, so the group will just want to check-in, eat, and go to bed. Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I found this site that seems to show hotels with half board available.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Two suggestions.

I have used, though some years back, the tourist office in Pamplona to help me get from Irun to Pamplona. The information I received was spot on and we boarded the bus at the time the tourist office had told us it would be there and boarded it not at a bus station, but at a city bus stop next to a park. I communicated to the office in English via email. Easy. Link included.

Second, one night a week (in May and perhaps at other times) Pamplona bars and restaurants offer cheap drinks and cheap food. Bars are set up outside restaurants and cafes and the streets are full. We could barely get a seat in any restaurant (we had walked in with 6 French hikers) and there was enormous revelry and noise until very late in the morning on the street under our hotel window. I would ask the tourist office about that possibility and if your arrival happens to coincide with one of those enjoyable at first, but not so enjoyable later on times, you'll want your hotel in a part of town that is quiet or at least more quiet. The tourist office should be able to help you with that, also.

I love Pamplona.

Tom

On booking.com the Hostal Izaga has an option for rooms with breakfast and dinner included. It’s not in the city centre though, not far from the airport.
Hotel Yoldi seems to have a better location and a good restaurant

Last edited:
Hi all, is there a hostel, hostal, pensión, hotel, anything, anywhere in Pamplona city center that does a dinner, bed and breakfast (half board) pre-bookable rate? Looking for somewhere to stay in post-covid times for a small group. We will have been travelling for 2 whole days, totally wrecked, so the group will just want to check-in, eat, and go to bed. Thanks!

What kind of budget?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sercotel Europa

Yoldi might be an option.

I have stayed at the hotel Yoldi twice - in Sep 2015 and May 2017. I would recommend one of the rooms on the 4th floor - above the traffic noise. There is a reasonable priced restaurant and I think a bar. For pilgrims they can also stamp your credential. Recommended. Cheers

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have enormously enjoyed Hotel Eslava - and the meals there. I stayed for a week once. It is one of those hotels with quite a variation in the size and placement of the rooms because it is an old building that has been repurposed, but I have always been lucky. The last time I stayed was now many years ago, and times change. Probably best to get recommendations from people who have stayed in Pamplona more recently.

Thanks all! Fabulous, will check out all the suggestions. Budget is low end, but I will calculate the cost of the whole trip, and hopefully there will be room to upgrade the first night. They are all (unlike me) early risers before first sparrow fart, but then they go to bed early too. Albergue life should suit them all once we start walking!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks all! Fabulous, will check out all the suggestions. Budget is low end, but I will calculate the cost of the whole trip, and hopefully there will be room to upgrade the first night. They are all (unlike me) early risers before first sparrow fart, but then they go to bed early too. Albergue life should suit them all once we start walking!
I can also recommend hotel eslava, only stayed one night in 2017 but liked its old fashioned charm. Basic but perfectly good and i liked the location, 10 mins walk from bus station and practically on the camino on the way out of pamplona.

My wife and I have walked three CF and spend two nights in Pamplona each time - one in transit to St Jean, then another when we hike through Pamplona a few days later. Thus far, we've stayed at five different places. Here are our experiences:
  • Hostal Arriazu - stayed here during our first camino before departing for St Jean. Simple room, reasonable price on a street with many nearby shops, bars and restaurants. We stayed there on a Friday night and there was very loud partying throughout the night, and some partiers in the street early the next morning.
  • Hostel Jesus & Mary - stayed here during our first camino. Great location in the old part of town. Classic old building with nice inner courtyard. An authentic albergue experience with beds on a few levels. A bit dark and gloomy. My wife said there were no toilet seats in the women's restroom.
  • Aloha Hostel - we stayed here during our second camino with my brother and his wife. A bit difficult to find. Affordable price (we booked a quad room). Nice common living area, and outstanding outside terrace. Okay meal in the morning. The shared bathroom was extremely small. Also, the bedroom walls were paper thin. We heard celebrations go on into the wee hours by pilgrims and staff members.
  • Hotel Eslava - Outstanding location right next to ancient fortress walls. Great views of the walls and mountains from our bedroom window. Nice bedroom and bathroom. Breakfast included and was nice. Only inconvenience was that I asked in advance if laundry service was available the day we reserved and were told yes. When we checked in, we were told it is not available during weekend days.
  • Sercotel Europa - our favorite ! We've stayed here twice during our second and third caminos and have booked twice during our fall camino this year. Very contemporary hotel, located within steps of historic Plaza Castillo. Room is nicely furnished. Very quiet at night. Nice bathroom with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Excellent breakfast included with room price. A bit pricey, but well worth the expense.
Bob

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Another thumbs up for the Eslava, great meals. I stayed there, walked to Zarriquiegui, taxi'd back to Eslava (which they sorted for me, or at least they gave me the phone number😁) and they arranged my breakfast and taxi to the second for return to Zariquiegui next morning with my rucksack. I have to say their staff were as good as any I have seen in many years. And I had two wonderful afternoons in Pamplona.

OK, silly question, has Hotel Eslava changed its name? I can't find a website for it where I can book directly.

My wife and I have walked three CF and spend two nights in Pamplona each time - one in transit to St Jean, then another when we hike through Pamplona a few days later. Thus far, we've stayed at five different places. Here are our experiences:
  • Hostal Arriazu - stayed here during our first camino before departing for St Jean. Simple room, reasonable price on a street with many nearby shops, bars and restaurants. We stayed there on a Friday night and there was very loud partying throughout the night, and some partiers in the street early the next morning.
  • Hostel Jesus & Mary - stayed here during our first camino. Great location in the old part of town. Classic old building with nice inner courtyard. An authentic albergue experience with beds on a few levels. A bit dark and gloomy. My wife said there were no toilet seats in the women's restroom.
  • Aloha Hostel - we stayed here during our second camino with my brother and his wife. A bit difficult to find. Affordable price (we booked a quad room). Nice common living area, and outstanding outside terrace. Okay meal in the morning. The shared bathroom was extremely small. Also, the bedroom walls were paper thin. We heard celebrations go on into the wee hours by pilgrims and staff members.
  • Hotel Eslava - Outstanding location right next to ancient fortress walls. Great views of the walls and mountains from our bedroom window. Nice bedroom and bathroom. Breakfast included and was nice. Only inconvenience was that I asked in advance if laundry service was available the day we reserved and were told yes. When we checked in, we were told it is not available during weekend days.
  • Sercotel Europa - our favorite ! We've stayed here twice during our second and third caminos and have booked twice during our fall camino this year. Very contemporary hotel, located within steps of historic Plaza Castillo. Room is nicely furnished. Very quiet at night. Nice bathroom with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Excellent breakfast included with room price. A bit pricey, but well worth the expense.
Bob
I also stayed in Eslava and liked it for one night.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stayed at Sarcotel Hotel Leyre, next to the bullring. Don't think it does an evening meal but the plaza is only 3/400 meters away where there is a vast selection of restaurants.

Bob

Quiet at night depending on where your room is.
First time mine was at the back overlooking Calle de la Estafeta.
A street full of bars and not quite at night! :oops:

But a very nice Hotel. I was just unlucky that time.

It's funny how room location and your 'neighbours' can alter your stay!
At a Hotel/Hostal in Palais de Rei (Hostal O Castelo), the whole floor was taken over by teenage kids, who left their room doors open so they could all chat up and down the corridor and run in and out of each others rooms, till about 1 am.

Asking them to quieten down had no effect

I almost got dressed and started walking :(

Just unlucky sometimes.........all part of the fun.

Last edited:
I just found their website on Gronze. http://www.hotel-eslava.com/
I found that site too, but the only hotel that they list in Navarra is in Estella.

Gronze does show a phone number though.

Two suggestions.

I have used, though some years back, the tourist office in Pamplona to help me get from Irun to Pamplona. The information I received was spot on and we boarded the bus at the time the tourist office had told us it would be there and boarded it not at a bus station, but at a city bus stop next to a park. I communicated to the office in English via email. Easy. Link included.

Second, one night a week (in May and perhaps at other times) Pamplona bars and restaurants offer cheap drinks and cheap food. Bars are set up outside restaurants and cafes and the streets are full. We could barely get a seat in any restaurant (we had walked in with 6 French hikers) and there was enormous revelry and noise until very late in the morning on the street under our hotel window. I would ask the tourist office about that possibility and if your arrival happens to coincide with one of those enjoyable at first, but not so enjoyable later on times, you'll want your hotel in a part of town that is quiet or at least more quiet. The tourist office should be able to help you with that, also.

I love Pamplona.

Tom
I walked the CF in May 2015 and I stayed in a pension in Pamplona. I experienced this problem. The noise in the street under my window was deafening and it went on until about 5am.

I walked the CF in May 2015 and I stayed in a pension in Pamplona. I experienced this problem. The noise in the street under my window was deafening and it went on until about 5am.

We might have been there at the same time!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
OK, silly question, has Hotel Eslava changed its name? I can't find a website for it where I can book directly.
The hotel Eslava in Pamplona was put up for sale last year (info in Google News). It is now obviously owned by the Alda hotel chain and not open for any bookings. The new name of the hotel is Alda Centro Pamplona.

The hotel Eslava in Pamplona was put up for sale last year (info in Google News). It is now obviously owned by the Alda hotel chain and not open for any bookings. The new name of the hotel is Alda Centro Pamplona.

Thank you @Kathar1na you are sooooo good at finding relevant info on the web! I will keep an eye open for when bookings open, but I suspect they will upgrade out of our budget range . . .

Has anyone any personal experience of Hostal Bearan?

We might have been there at the same time!
The stamp in my credential is dated 28th and 29th May. I was walking with a friend who like me is an Aussie. Because of our advanced age we took our time averaging about 22kms a day and took a day off every seven days.
I have only walked the CF once but have since completed three more Caminos including the Portuguese from Lisbon.
I enjoy your blogs Robo.

The stamp in my credential is dated 28th and 29th May. I was walking with a friend who like me is an Aussie. Because of our advanced age we took our time averaging about 22kms a day and took a day off every seven days.
I have only walked the CF once but have since completed three more Caminos including the Portuguese from Lisbon.
I enjoy your blogs Robo.
I was about 3 weeks ahead of you. Going just as slow :)

Hostal Arriazu was my stop in Pamplona. If you stay here I wouldn't worry about half board as the main square, tapas bars, restaurants etc are no more than a one minute walk, which gives you loads of options

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hostal Arriazu was my stop in Pamplona. If you stay here I wouldn't worry about half board as the main square, tapas bars, restaurants etc are no more than a one minute walk, which gives you loads of options
Thank you for your suggestion, but I am bringing a group of 12 elderly newbies, first time in Spain, getting off the bus at 8pm, having travelled for 2 whole days.

NO restaurant in the centre of Pamplona at 9pm at night has an empty table for 12 🤣.

No point telling these little old ladies to “go find a tapas bar”, as they won’t have a clue, and will be looking to ME to find it for them, ALL of them.

As a conscientious group leader, I MUST be able to transition them calmly into camino life by ensuring they have a pre-booked dinner waiting for them on arrival.

They can fend for themselves the NEXT night 🤣🤣.

Hence my query for a half board option somewhere.

Thank you for your suggestion, but I am bringing a group of 12 elderly newbies, first time in Spain, getting off the bus at 8pm, having travelled for 2 whole days.

NO restaurant in the centre of Pamplona at 9pm at night has an empty table for 12 🤣.

No point telling these little old ladies to “go find a tapas bar”, as they won’t have a clue, and will be looking to ME to find it for them, ALL of them.

As a conscientious group leader, I MUST be able to transition them calmly into camino life by ensuring they have a pre-booked dinner waiting for them on arrival.

They can fend for themselves the NEXT night 🤣🤣.

Hence my query for a half board option somewhere.
Ah, I see now!
Good luck with your group

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have finally got a suggestion for you, from Pamplona residents. Hotel Leyre. It is very central. Perhaps about 70 euro per night, with breakfast included.
It would surprise me if they do not speak English. I prefer to deal directly with accommodation rather than use some of the booking sites, because from experience it is more costly for the establishment. Your choice, obviously.
All the best for your planning.

Hotel Leyre. It is very central. Perhaps about 70 euro per night, with breakfast included.
Many thanks, much appreciated for taking the time!
It is way over our budget though. I checked on their website for bed and breakfast for 2 people in, say, Sep this year, and it is 120 euros. Ouch!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.