• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona in July 2022

Yaya

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
To my surprise I’m arriving in Pamplona July 5th. How can I reroute myself around Pamplona in order to stay away from the crowds ? My flight arrives in Barcelona...Help !

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
To my surprise I’m arriving in Pamplona July 5th. How can I reroute myself around Pamplona in order to stay away from the crowds ? My flight arrives in Barcelona...Help !
I'll be there a couple of days after, walking from Zubiri. After my initial panic and advice from @mspath , I'm now stopping at auberge Trinidad Arre the night before and we'll detour through Pamplona the following day. Although a nice place to stay, I don't want (nor can afford) to stay there with the festival going on. Good luck in finding your solution

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Yaya,
If your flight arrives in Barcelona how are you getting to Pamplona?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
To Pamplona but get to nearby Tiebas by bus or train? Possibly stay at its albergue. Walk on the Camino Aragonese from there to visit the church at Eunate and then onto the Camino Francés at Obanos.
Barcelona-Sants line runs through Logrono, but not Pamplona so you can miss the crowd by starting there.

Please do read what C clearly wrote in post #3 above and perhaps follow the suggestions in it such as going to/through Tiebas .

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you have the time you can do the Aragones. I will later in the year. it looks really pretty and you can join the CF in Puente La Reina.
I have plenty of time. Please send me details I’m a newbie at this.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
YaYa,
Here is the Gronze Guide to the Camino Argoneses from Somport, France to Puente La Reina as mentioned above by It56y in post #6.
Thus you might consider taking a train from Barcelona to Somport, France to begin the CA or to Zaragoza, Spain to join the CA in Spain. Try Rome2Rio for various transport possibities

Last edited:
I have plenty of time. Please send me details I’m a newbie at this.
Here is the subforum here in Ivar that will give you lots of infomation:

YaYa,
Here is the Gronze Guide to the Camino Argoneses from Somport, France to Puente La Reina as mentioned above by It56y in post #6.
Thus you might consider taking a train from Barcelona to Somport, France to begin the CA or to Zaragoza, Spain to join the CA in Spain. Try Rome2Rio for various transport possibities
Gronze is a great resource as mspath recommends. It gives you lots of information. If you can't speak Spanish open it in Chrome. Chrome does a pretty good job of translating.
The Buen Camino app has many caminos on it including the Aragones. Wise Pilgrim also has an app but it is in need of updating. @wisepilgrim told me that the upgrade will be completed soon. Both have gps that you can download and have places to sleep. The more resources you have the better especially on a far less traveled camino.
There are a surprising number of videos on Youtube that will give you a good idea of the scenery on the Aragones.
I am not sure where I will start as I will begin in mid November. I am hoping in Canfranc or Canfranc Estacion but I may have to start a little closer to Puente La Reina.
I know that @peregrina2000 has walked it and you can see the others here who have walked. They are all very helpful and nice pilgrims who can help you more than I can. Hope this is a good start for you.
One final note. It may be really a good experience to do the Aragones as well as the Camino Frances as they will be so different in some regards. You will be walking in July so I am sure you will meet some pilgrims but not that many. I would also recommend checking distances each day to know how much water and food you should have given the distances between towns and the heat of July. Gronze will show you the distances between towns and the services in each town and village. Remember to know if there are any holidays as well as be aware of Sundays as in many of these villages nothing may be open on Sundays and holidays so take food and water with you. It will be a much more solitary and possibly introspective camino.
The Frances has its own beauty and grace. But it will have far more pilgrims, far more albergues and far more towns to walk thru and far better infrastructure. It will be hot all the way so I would recommend buying one of those UV reflective umbrellas. Also I would wear some of those quick dry long sleeve shirts that also have UV protection and a hat. Pack really lightly and you probably will need nothing more than a sleep sack of the lightest of sleeping bags.
I think you will have a wonderful camino and there will be more than enough pilgrims early on to help if you may need it.
Buen Camino

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.