• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona overnight

rnamshl

I plan to fly into Pamplona from the US at the end of May. I figure I will have jet lag pretty bad so have decided to stay one night in Pamplona before heading to Roncesvalle the next afternoon. Since I will not have my Pilgrims Passport yet, the refugios are not an option from what i understand... any suggestions on places to stay not to far from where the bus takes you to Roncesvalle? Or maybe in the older part of the city?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Older part of the city, at the albergue. If packed, hop on a cab and stay in one of the two albergues in close-by Cizur Menor. Buen Camino :arrow: xm 8)

Actually, you might be able to stay at the albergue in Pamplona, which is now in a convent/monastery in the old part of town. As I remember, they had credenciales there and were very nice. If you prefer private accommodations, try the Hostal Bearan on the Calle San Nicolas, one of the pedestrian streets radiating off of the main square. And if you do stay there, I would heartily recommend the Restaurant Basseri, right across the street. I've eaten about 5 meals there on different caminos, and the food is excellent. The midday meal is a real bargain at 10 or 11 euros.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you and I will definitely look for that restaurant! I appreciate the info. I find myself most nervous about those first couple of days. I have traveled a lot but never alone to a foreign country. I am anxious but know it will be fine once I am there.

Do I need reservations for the Hostel? I think for my first night, since it is really just to sleep of jet lag, I would prefer a Hotel or Hostel. There will be plenty of nights for the Albuerges!

How about contacting Jochen Schmidtke of Casa Paderborn, he's a member of this forum I think. Maybe they can let you stay in their refugio in Pamplona before you set off for Roncesvalles, that is, if there is space available for you. After all, you ARE already a pilgrim the moment you set foot outside your home, credencial or no credencial.

Mark

If you google hostal bearan pamplona you will get lots of links that give its address and phone. This is a very basic, but very clean, no frills place to sleep in a great location. I have called in the past to make a reservation, and I think that's a good idea -- it does fill up. I don't think the people answering the phone are likely to speak much English, but probably enough to understand what you want.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back