• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona/Roncesvalles to St Jean Pied de Port

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have seen several questions regarding how to get to St Jean Pied de Port, either from Pamplona or from Roncesvalles.

We have had some good answers to this question, please have a look here:

viewtopic.php?t=282

Ivar
Hello, Ivar I have tried I access the viewpic but it does respond please refresh my memory how to get to Pamplona from Madrid and then to Roncevalles. thanks.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My initial post here is from 2005 when the forum was run on a different software... and the URL’s changed, so the link does not work anymore.
I would try to search for it in the home page if the forum

My initial post here is from 2005 when the forum was run on a different software

Hi Ivar, the main "problem" with these old threads being resurrected, is that one cannot see the date of the original post when viewing on a cell phone. Is it possible to "fix" that?
Jill

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Ivar, the main "problem" with these old threads being resurrected, is that one cannot see the date of the original post when viewing on a cell phone. Is it possible to "fix" that?
Jill
I am using Google Chrome on an Android phone and I can see the date and name of the poster at the head of each thread.
Screenshot_20200111-203041~2.jpg

OK, thanks 🤔 I am on Android and the date doesn't appear. No problem . . . must be my setup.

But maybe remove this thread from "frequently asked questions"??

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
OK, thanks 🤔 I am on Android and the date doesn't appear. No problem . . . must be my setup.
It may be that for smaller screens (your phone might have a smaller screen than ours), it needs to cut something out and that the date is removed. It might be a screen-size thing, and not a mobile / not mobile issue..

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back