• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona - Running of the Bulls

Orlando Wren

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2018), Fisterra (2018)
Portuguese from Porto (Oct 2018)
Frances (2019)
Oops. Looks like I'll be entering Pamplona on the first day of the festival for the Running of the Bulls, July 5. I can't get there sooner at this point. My favorite hostel in Pamplona and every other place is full. Is there a Pilgrim's Albergue in Pamplona? If not, where is the next best albergue? Any recommendations are much appreciated!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oops. Looks like I'll be entering Pamplona on the first day of the festival for the Running of the Bulls, July 5. I can't get there sooner at this point. My favorite hostel in Pamplona and every other place is full. Is there a Pilgrim's Albergue in Pamplona? If not, where is the next best albergue? Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Try Cizur Menor.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks, I just emailed them asking for a reservation on July 5. Check out the price difference during San Fermin (from their website). Whew. I hope I get a reservation. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

"Tarifas del Albergue de Maribel en Zizur.

La tarifa general del albergue son 12€ por persona.

La tarifa en San Fermin (6 Julio -14 Julio) son 25€ por persona."

As suggested above by DaveBugg In Cizor Menor try this albergue which takes resrvations and seems to have limitless space

Good luck and Buen camino!
I second this idea. Have stayed in this albergue and it is very nice and the owner if she is still running the albergue is a magician caring for feet. I remember having a nice dinner across the street from the Albergue in a restaurant. I am almost 100% sure it is on the street that you enter town on. Very close to the Albergue. The food was good and the company about 8 pilgrims even better. The thing I remember the most about that dinner was that after the next morning I never saw any of those people again. I met them all in the garden of the albergue Everyone was very nice but that's the Camino for you.

I second this idea. Have stayed in this albergue and it is very nice and the owner if she is still running the albergue is a magician caring for feet. I remember having a nice dinner across the street from the Albergue in a restaurant. I am almost 100% sure it is on the street that you enter town on. Very close to the Albergue. The food was good and the company about 8 pilgrims even better. The thing I remember the most about that dinner was that after the next morning I never saw any of those people again. I met them all in the garden of the albergue Everyone was very nice but that's the Camino for you.

Perhaps the resto that you enjoyed was the nearby Asadore Tremendo which opens early for breakfast and offers inexpensive daily specials. It is a great place to relax. Here is their web--

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey guys,please let's avoid the "politics" of bullfighting because my post will just get "shut down." Some are for, some are against. Each has a right to his/her opinion. I am just trying to find a place to stay on July 5 after passing through the madness on the day before the festival begins. Thanks!

Perhaps the resto that you enjoyed was the nearby Asadore Tremendo which opens early for breakfast and offers inexpensive daily specials. It is a great place to relax. Here is their web--
You got it 100% correct!!! I went to the website and could not tell if that was the restaurant. I googled the restaurant and when the photos came up the first one was of the dining room. I immediately recognized it. The back table by the wall was were we sat! We had a big group.
If you Google the restaurant there are photos and reviews of the restaurant.
Thanks again

Thanks, I just emailed them asking for a reservation on July 5. Check out the price difference during San Fermin (from their website). Whew. I hope I get a reservation. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

"Tarifas del Albergue de Maribel en Zizur.

La tarifa general del albergue son 12€ por persona.

La tarifa en San Fermin (6 Julio -14 Julio) son 25€ por persona."
Profiteering is new! At least they are not closed...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A possible alternative to staying shortly past Pamplona is to stay shortly before. When I walked in 2016 during the same fiesta, we stayed in Trinidad de Arres about 5 km before Pamplona. We walked through Pamplona before the encierro (running of the bulls) and watched it on TV in a small cafe on the other side of town where we stopped for breakfast. If you decide to do this, though, be aware that the encierro uses some of the same streets as the Camino, so you may have to take a bit of a detour and use some other Pamplona streets before rejoining the Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It's essentially the same for the festival period and the day or two before and after.

As crazy as it sounds there will be $1000 per night rooms by July 5 or 6. I just had a look on Booking.com thinking there might be a random hotel room available for under $100--there were a couple in the $150 range, but those will likely be gone soon. There was one hotel room right in Pamplona for $113 here--https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/occidentaleuropa.html?label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggI46AdIM1gEaIoCiAEBmAExuAEHyAEN2AED6AEB-AECiAIBqAIDuAKxocboBcACAQ;sid=744e931935fa72deb2a8d9023d7a665e;all_sr_blocks=9054106_88492629_0_2_0;checkin=2019-07-05;checkout=2019-07-06;dest_id=-395308;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=1;group_children=0;hapos=2;highlighted_blocks=9054106_88492629_0_2_0;hpos=2;no_rooms=1;req_adults=1;req_children=0;room1=A;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1561432258;srpvid=fea31660c0300105;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

There is a $50 room south of the main part of Pamplona, about 6.5 km from the Camino. One commenter suggested staying in one of the towns between Zubiri and Pamplona. That way you would likely be walking through Pamplona after the early morning bull run and attendant chaos.

But overall, if that Albergue in Cizur Menor has availability that is probably your best bet.

Hey guys,please let's avoid the "politics" of bullfighting because my post will just get "shut down." Some are for, some are against. Each has a right to his/her opinion. I am just trying to find a place to stay on July 5 after passing through the madness on the day before the festival begins. Thanks!
Some posts have been deleted as they breach the #Bullfighting rule.
Please respect the OP's request and only give information on places to stay or any other relevant information BUT not on bullfighting.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It's essentially the same for the festival period and the day or two before and after.

As crazy as it sounds there will be $1000 per night rooms by July 5 or 6. I just had a look on Booking.com thinking there might be a random hotel room available for under $100--there were a couple in the $150 range, but those will likely be gone soon. There was one hotel room right in Pamplona for $113 here--https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/occidentaleuropa.html?label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggI46AdIM1gEaIoCiAEBmAExuAEHyAEN2AED6AEB-AECiAIBqAIDuAKxocboBcACAQ;sid=744e931935fa72deb2a8d9023d7a665e;all_sr_blocks=9054106_88492629_0_2_0;checkin=2019-07-05;checkout=2019-07-06;dest_id=-395308;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=1;group_children=0;hapos=2;highlighted_blocks=9054106_88492629_0_2_0;hpos=2;no_rooms=1;req_adults=1;req_children=0;room1=A;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1561432258;srpvid=fea31660c0300105;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

There is a $50 room south of the main part of Pamplona, about 6.5 km from the Camino. One commenter suggested staying in one of the towns between Zubiri and Pamplona. That way you would likely be walking through Pamplona after the early morning bull run and attendant chaos.

But overall, if that Albergue in Cizur Menor has availability that is probably your best bet.

I haven't received a response to them via email....will call and speak my best Espanol if needed!

The German albergue, Casa Paderborn was open, and remained pilgrim only, charging normal rates when I walked through during San Fermín two years ago. I didn't stay there, but a Camino friend did. They do not accept reservations.

Also, if you look at the Gronze page for Pamplona, it shows that many of the albergues are closed for San Fermín, you can probably assume that most of those that remain open will have much higher prices at that time.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.