• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to Irun on April 11th

hielienie

Time of past OR future Camino
Apr2017:Frances,Muxia,Finisterre
Apr2023:Del Norte
I need to travel from Pamplona to Irun on Saturday 11th of April. On Rome2Rio it shows options of train & bus travel but when I go to the separate websites (Renfe, Alsa, Conda) none of them have any options available for that day (or even earlier days in February for example). Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I need to travel from Pamplona to Irun on Saturday 11th of April. On Rome2Rio it shows options of train & bus travel but when I go to the separate websites (Renfe, Alsa, Conda) none of them have any options available for that day (or even earlier days in February for example). Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
It's too early for train tickets. They are usually released about 60 days out. You can search on RailEurope.com and set up an alert for when tickets become available.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Would you be interested in walking it? The Bayonne Camino in reverse is one part and a rail trail is another. I haven't scouted out the section in-between yet but there is always the road.

Would you be interested in walking it? The Bayonne Camino in reverse is one part and a rail trail is another. I haven't scouted out the section in-between yet but there is always the road.
I think I would rather not walk it. I have accommodation booked in San Sebastian for the 12th so would like to start from Irun that morning

It is too early for bus tickets too. I think a bus may actually be quicker than the train if my memory serves me correctly

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It is too early for bus tickets too. I think a bus may actually be quicker than the train if my memory serves me correctly
Looking at Rome2Rio that was the feeling I got too. Thanks - I'll practice my patience ;)

Get to San Sebastion (which the locals call Donostia), and then transfer to the Feve train. The Feve is a narrow gauge "poor cousin" to the regular Renfe train service, and covers most of the north coast in different segments. Its effectively part of the public transit system. You can't buy advance tickets, just walk up to the station, buy a ticket from the machine, and get on the next one that comes by. They run hourly or so on that stretch. The Feve (E2 line?) will take you from San Sebastion to either Irun/Hendaye, or towards Bilbao. Note that the stations for the Feve are separate from the regular Renfe stations because the trains don't use the same type of tracks, so once in San Sebastion, you may have to walk a short distance to find the Feve station.

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back