• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to Los Arcos or Logrono?? 3 days -

Vonnie

Time of past OR future Camino
French Way - 2015
Hi All,

Heading back on the Camino in 2 weeks time. We had provisionally planned Pamplona to Los Arcos over 3 days ( we have 4 night, 3 full days walking). Looking at the km's we now think we would be able to go a far as Logrono and stay there before transferring to Bilbao for flight home on day 5.

I am trying now to figure out the best route to split this up -
(We had planned to stay in Puente De La Reine and Estella. )

Can anyone recommend somewhere 10-15km or so past Estella to stay in instead on night 3 to position our selves to get to Logrono the next day? Or any other suggestions welcome!!??

Party of 4

Thanks
Yvonne

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi All,

Heading back on the Camino in 2 weeks time. We had provisionally planned Pamplona to Los Arcos over 3 days ( we have 4 night, 3 full days walking). Looking at the km's we now think we would be able to go a far as Logrono and stay there before transferring to Bilbao for flight home on day 5.

I am trying now to figure out the best route to split this up -
(We had planned to stay in Puente De La Reine and Estella. )

Can anyone recommend somewhere 10-15km or so past Estella to stay in instead on night 3 to position our selves to get to Logrono the next day? Or any other suggestions welcome!!??

Party of 4

Thanks
Yvonne

You are aware that the distance between Pamplona and Logroño is 96 k?

From my notes, as has been already said, it is around 96k from Pamplona to Logrono. Not impossible, but unless you are a frequent hiker, quite a challenge.
If you are up for it, Lorca on the first, Los Arcos for a easy second or Sansol/Torres del Rio for a easy third day would be a possible option. I'd go for the short third day to have a little time to spend in Logrono, personally.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Here's how you could walk from Pamplona to Logroño if you don't mind 30+km days

Screenshot_20230507_130753_Buen Camino.jpg

From my notes, as has been already said, it is around 96k from Pamplona to Logrono. Not impossible, but unless you are a frequent hiker, quite a challenge.
If you are up for it, Lorca on the first, Los Arcos for a easy second or Sansol/Torres del Rio for a easy third day would be a possible option. I'd go for the short third day to have a little time to spend in Logrono, personally.
Here's what those stages would look like

Screenshot_20230507_131420_Buen Camino.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well aware of that. I gave my recommendation under the assumption that one might be best rested on the first day of such an endevour. Start hard, then get more easy. 3 days is to short to have a significant rise in stamina.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. Since I was alreading figuring out stages on the Buen Camino app I thought that I might as well plug in your stages too. 😊

Thanks for the replies...I like the idea of longer walking days and we are all fit, but accommodation availability may rule this out now. Doing my research into that now. Alternatively there does seem to be plenty to see along the original route so we could fill our days at a slower pace too. Cant wait.

Villamayor de Monjardín is 9.1km past Estella which still makes for a very, very long walk into Logroño. Apartment Markiola is wonderful, accommodates 4 people, and it looks like they have availability in two weeks.

To make the last day a shorter distance, I would suggest ending your walk in Viana (30.9 km from Villamayor de Monjardín) instead of Logroño and taking a short taxi ride from there to the Logroño.

The walk between Pamplona and Viana is an especially beautiful walk so walk slowly! There is an airport in Logroño so if you wanted to add a fourth day of walking, you could fly out of Logroño instead of Bilbao.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back