• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to Roncevalles

reanddavid

My son and I are starting our camino this week. We hope to be in Pamplona on Saturday. Is it easy to find the bus station and connecting bus to Roncevalles? Thank you

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Are you flying into Pamplona? If so, take the bus into town--the information desk can give you the bus number and time schedule (costs a little more than a euro) and take it to where it stops in front of Cortes Ingles (a good place to pick up some food supplies--go downstairs to the grocery). The bus station is the next block over and across the street. It is underground but you will see the taxi pick up area above ground. Very easy.

On Saturdays the only bus to Roncevalles is at 16h00 and arrives at 17h10 - costs € 5.60

The weekday buses depart at 18h00 and arrive at 19h10

In July and August there is also a morning bus at 10am arrives at 11h10.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Another thing about the Pamplona bus station (besides it being underground) is that there are a LOT of bus companies, not just one, operating out of that station. Find the HELP DESK and the lady there can tell you WHICH bus company window to visit to purchase your ticket. She can also give you the schedule. She spoke English when we were there, but the folks at the windows did not, so it's helpful if you have a printed schedule to point to.

Annie means the Pamplona Bus Station.

Here is the timetable for your bus:
Copy and paste it to show to them as Annie suggested.

Autocares Artieda: Pamplona Estación de Autobuses
ORIGEN H. SALIDA DESTINO H. LLEGADA VALIDEZ EMPRESA PRECIO
(Jaurrieta-Pamplona) 16:00 Roncesvalles 17:10 S 5.60 €

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you Portia1, silly doll and anniesantiago. You have been a big help and saved me much worry and anxiety about this part of the trip. We will be starting our walking on the 25th from Roncevalles.

Hi all,

Most probably I'll start in Roncesvalles.
From Belgium there are some cheap airfares to Zaragoza from where I can take a quick bus to Pamplona. Only down point is that I'll have to take a flight on a sunday ( only day with an early flight, all others will only get me in Pamplona around seven in the evening ). But on sundays there are no local buses from Pamplona to Roncesvalles.
Question is : obviously there will be taxis at Pamplona airport but will they also be stationed at Pamplona busstation? Should I make a booking beforehand to be sure?
I could of course take a flight on a weekday but this would mean staying one night in Zaragoza and then another night in Roncesvalles which would set me back more than maybe a shared cabdrive?
I know it is still a long time before I leave but the earlier I can make a flight booking the cheaper it will be.
Thanks beforehand.

Hello Sabine, What time do you think you will arrive in Pamplona? We arrived very delayed at Pamplona and just made it to the bus terminal in time for the bus to Roncevalles, only to find it full! We had to take a taxi (no one to share it with) and it cost us 50 or 52 euros. Anyway, yes to answer your question, the taxis are on the street level by the Bus Terminal. Being Sunday and no bus schedule, I bet that there will also many people hanging around trying to share a taxi. Anne

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Anna,

Thank you for your swift answer! I looked at the busschedule from Zaragoza to Pamplona and the bus will arrive around 6.15 pm. Those long distance buses are usually quite well on time or so I remembered from the past times I travelled through Spain.
So thanks again : worst case scenario is that I have to take a taxi on my own, but still preferable to staying a night in Zaragoza.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.