• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Pamplona to SJDPP

Annette19

Time of past OR future Camino
We will be arriving in Pamplona on Aug. 31 at 1:20, if all goes well, and would like to take the bus at 2:30 to SJDPP. Is it possible to take a bus from the airport to the Calle Yanguas y Miranda bus station and arrive in time or would it be safer to take a taxi? Is this the only bus station in the city? Also, is it typical for the Alsa website to post available tickets for purchase only up to 3 weeks in advance?

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is not a bus service in Pamplona airport.
There is a kind of shared taxi, but it does not take you to the bus terminal, but to Paseo de Sarasate (not close to the bus terminal).
Considering your tight schedule (you need to add 10 or 15 minutes to your estimated arrival hour to leave the airport, then look for the bus in the terminal, etc.), I believe taxi is your best option. Reservation is a must - the taxi service in Pamplona is scarce and gets regularly many complaints for delayed attention.
I took also this bus (to Roncesvalles), and don' t remember another stop in Pamplona proper. Anyway, the airport is in the opposite side of the bus route.
Buen camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Annette, I wrote an email to Pamplona's tourist office, asking about a morning bus trip to St Jean and why the website does not allow advance purchase of bus trips. I was told that ALSA allows on line reservations up to three weeks in advance. And currently there is only the 2:30 pm departure from Pamplona. If that does not change, then my wife and I will hire a taxi to arrive in St Jean late morning.Bob

There once was an hourly bus (Line A) that ran between the train station, bus station and airport and also in reverse. Apparently there wasn't enough traffic to/from the airport so the Pamplona street bus people set up something to reserve a taxi at bus fare rates. You may have to beg to have it stop at the bus station instead of the new destination though. The difference between the bus rate and the taxi rate is minimal to someone who pays to fly. Take a taxi if available.

Though no bus stops at the airport now Line 16 passes by. You could walk from the terminal to the main road and continue either to the left or right to a bus stop (right is my choice). That bus will have a stop at the bus station. Take a taxi if available.

The Pamplona bus website is one of the best sites I've ever worked with but it is only in Spanish and Euskadi (Basque). Use Chrome for automatic translation.

Back