• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to SJPDP

Netanel.A

Time of past OR future Camino
i'm plan to walik in september 2015
hi,

i'll ariive to pamplona in September 17th at 19:00.
what is the best way to get from Pamplona to SJPDP? is there a bus or taxi at 19:00?
what is your suggestion?
if i stay overnight at Pamplna
is there an option to get to SJPDP on the next morning and still wallk to Roncesvalles in one day ?

thanks. Nati

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
CONDA provides bus service from Pamplona bus station to SJPdP. Use the ALSA schedule. You will find the last bus leaves 1730.
http://www.alsa.es/en/

It is possible to hire a taxi but the cost is over 100 Euro.

The first bus the next day leaves at 1000 and arrives 1145 ... a bit late to expect to walk to Roncesvalles and get there before dark.

My suggestion is to stay SJPdP on the 18th and start the 19th. SJPdP is a pleasant place to explore and get yourself sorted out before walking. Some people make a reservation at Orisson about 8km up the hill, making the next day more comfortable. Else walk via Valcarlos. If time is a critical factor ... consider starting at Roncesvalles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Netanel!

I arrive in Pamplona in one week and decided to stay with Pensión Corazón Puro. They will pick me up at the bus station, give me dinner, a bed for the night, breakfast the next morning, then a ride to SJPdP where I will start walking. http://www.corazonpuro.es/Enghome.html

Mike

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
hi,
i'll ariive to pamplona in September 17th at 19:00.
what is the best way to get from Pamplona to SJPDP? is there a bus or taxi at 19:00?
what is your suggestion?
if i stay overnight at Pamplna
is there an option to get to SJPDP on the next morning and still wallk to Roncesvalles in one day ?
thanks. Nati
.....or you can start your camino right there in Pamplona. Nowhere is it written that you have to start your walk in SJPdP. Actually it is a bit weird to walk in the wrong direction first only to come back where you started, SdC is west!
Buen camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The walk over the Pyr. is the most beautiful day of the Fraces. If you are fit enough and the weather is good I would not miss it. I think that what Corazon Puro is pure business genious as it meets a real need and they should be rewarded for it by having a house full of pilgrims. Wishing you a wonderful walk.

i took a taxi to SJPP from the train station in Pamplona. Next May Ill be walking again and will do the same thing-except, Ill be a little more vocal on the train and see if anyone else needs a ride. The taxi is expensive, but, really simplified things.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back