• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to SJPP: Seeking ride share for first Camino on April 21st

Michelle O

Always planning my next Camino.
Time of past OR future Camino
Francaise Spring 2022
Portuguese Winter 2022/23
I'm planning to start my first Camino April 22nd from SJPP. If anyone wants to share a ride the day before from Pamplona, please let me know!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm planning to start my first Camino April 22nd from SJPP. If anyone wants to share a ride the day before from Pamplona, please let me know!
Check out this taxi website - they will attempt to pool riders together to St Jean Pied de Port

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, I'm also planning the camino on April 6th from SJPDP and here are my schedule for the transportation. I'll be arriving Madrid from USA on 4th, April and take a train from Atocha station to Pamplona/Iruna and I stay overnight in Pamplopna to overcome long flight with a jetlag. The first bus leaves Pamplona/Iruna to SJPDP at 08:08 am (the last bus at 03:09 pm) for 1 hour 45 minutes journey. The distance is 32 miles.
My only question is a Covid vaccination for those 2 countries. We will be able to get a QR code for Spanish entry 2 days before the USA departure by on-line, however there is another entry into the France (SJPDP) to stay over night before the re-entry back to the Spain (Roncesvalles). Do we have to go to the French pharmacy to get French certificate for the vaccination for just a few hours' stay or should we just ignore another vaccination certificate? Any suggestions or advices?

I'm not sure. I don't think anything is needed to go from one EU country to another EU country though. Again, not positive.

Hi, I'm also planning the camino on April 6th from SJPDP and here are my schedule for the transportation. I'll be arriving Madrid from USA on 4th, April and take a train from Atocha station to Pamplona/Iruna and I stay overnight in Pamplopna to overcome long flight with a jetlag. The first bus leaves Pamplona/Iruna to SJPDP at 08:08 am (the last bus at 03:09 pm) for 1 hour 45 minutes journey. The distance is 32 miles.
My only question is a Covid vaccination for those 2 countries. We will be able to get a QR code for Spanish entry 2 days before the USA departure by on-line, however there is another entry into the France (SJPDP) to stay over night before the re-entry back to the Spain (Roncesvalles). Do we have to go to the French pharmacy to get French certificate for the vaccination for just a few hours' stay or should we just ignore another vaccination certificate? Any suggestions or advices?
The QR code you get to enter Spain isn't really a vaccination certificate. It's just a form for entry into the country showing you fulfil the entry requirements and have provided your information online.

If you are planning to stay overnight in St Jean, you will probably need to get the French vaccine certificate, as they don't accept proof of vaccination from the USA. Once you have the French certificate, you will have proof that is accepted all over Europe.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@Don Kim, as other have said: The Spanish QR is only good for entering Spain at an international airport. It is of no use outside of the airport.

The French QR (which you could get in a pharmacy in Saint Jean Pied de Port) is good for travelling and for access to restaurants and hotels all over the EU and not just in France.

Whether you will actually need to do a conversion for the day or two that you spend in France needs to be seen: Whether it will even be needed in France in April 2022, and whether restaurants and albergues would be allowed to accept your US card as proof provided they need to check that you are vaccinated. Disadvantage of the US card: it cannot be scanned and verified by the app used for this purpose in France or in any other EU country.

In any case: You don't need to present it for crossing land borders (whether there is a border control agent present or not) and, given that you needed to proof your vaccination status to get into Spain at the airport in the first place, you can have a good conscience when you cross the FR-ES border on the mountain pass. 😇

Buen camino.

Thank you for the information. I agree that we wouldn't know what can happen in a couple of coming month. Hope for the best for the pilgrims.

Hi Michelle-I would like to share a ride with you from Pamplona to SJPP. I will be arriving at 3 pm (14:52) train. I have reserved a car from Teletaxi San Fermin. How do we connect? Amy M.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Amy. Last week I reserved Teletaxi San Fermin, also. My plane lands at 1 p.m. and they are schedule to pick me up after I collect my checked poles. I would be willing to ask Teletaxi to pick me up a bit later, like 2:30, and then drive to the train station to get you, so we can ride share. Does this work for you? If so, perhaps I should get confirmation first that they will combine our rides before you cancel yours. What are your thoughts?

Hi, Amy. Last week I reserved Teletaxi San Fermin, also. My plane lands at 1 p.m. and they are schedule to pick me up after I collect my checked poles. I would be willing to ask Teletaxi to pick me up a bit later, like 2:30, and then drive to the train station to get you, so we can ride share. Does this work for you? If so, perhaps I should get confirmation first that they will combine our rides before you cancel yours. What are your thoughts?
Hi Michelle, Yes, I like your idea. My train is to arrive at 3pm (14:52) on 4/21/21 Plaza 6C. See my attached ticket. Please confirm with Teletaxi SAn Fermin that they will do this. I appreciate it. Amy M.

Attachments

• Xerox Scan_04052022094214.PDF
    76.1 KB · Views: 3
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
OK. When I contact them, I will reference my Teletaxi reservation number. Do you have one that I can share in the email with them to reference that you are the passenger I am trying to ride share with? Additionally, it may make sense when I email them to copy you. Would you mind sharing your email address so I may do so?

OK. When I contact them, I will reference my Teletaxi reservation number. Do you have one that I can share in the email with them to reference that you are the passenger I am trying to ride share with? Additionally, it may make sense when I email them to copy you. Would you mind sharing your email address so I may do so?
My email is amy@breliagroup.com My Teletaxi reservation # is 11851. Just made last night. Thank you for your help. Also, how many walking sticks are you using? This is also my first Camino!
Amy

Attachments

• Xerox Scan_04052022103303.PDF
    18 KB · Views: 2
My first time too. 2 leki trekking poles. I'm flying with my backpack as carryon, but checking a long box with my poles, a pocket knife and a few toiletries that are over 3 ounces. Hopefully they'll arrive when I do! I just looked up your email address. You're a New Yorker, aren't you?! I'm a transplanted Brooklynite, myself. I've lived in Virginia officially now for half of my life. :) OK, let me try to Teletaxi exercise now....

Done! You should have just received an email from me.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
My first time too. 2 leki trekking poles. I'm flying with my backpack as carryon, but checking a long box with my poles, a pocket knife and a few toiletries that are over 3 ounces. Hopefully they'll arrive when I do! I just looked up your email address. You're a New Yorker, aren't you?! I'm a transplanted Brooklynite, myself. I've lived in Virginia officially now for half of my life. :) OK, let me try to Teletaxi exercise now....

Done! You should have just received an email from me.
Awesome! I am orginally a northern gal--grew up in the Adirondacks just south of Plattsburgh NY. Been living in metro area for more about 40 years now! I love the energy! Yeh, i will probably check my pack as well. TBD. Yes, I did receive that email with your request.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back