• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to SJPP

biped

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept (2017)
The first step has been taken, & my flight is booked. I think I'll take the train from Madrid to Pamplona, but allowing for delays means I'll likely need the train that arrives Pamplona at 18:30. Best to overnight there & catch an early bus to SJPP? Better to get a seat on Bourricot & share a ride? Any thoughts? Thanks SO much!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first step has been taken, & my flight is booked. I think I'll take the train from Madrid to Pamplona, but allowing for delays means I'll likely need the train that arrives Pamplona at 18:30. Best to overnight there & catch an early bus to SJPP? Better to get a seat on Bourricot & share a ride? Any thoughts? Thanks SO much!
I can't answer your query as I don't know , but if you do decide to sTay in Pamplona I can recommend hotel eslava It's a bit old fashioned but friendly and simple , is virtually on the camino and only 10 min walk from Pamplona bus station so handy for going on by bus the next day if that's what you do. Safe travelling.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you! I'd really like to be able to say I went over the Pyrenees. In for a penny, in for a pound :)
Good for you, I felt the same. We had an overnight at orrison, a good experience, and especially setting off early next morning seeing the sunrise over the mountains. I was really glad I'd done that and liked to think of all those taking that route before, from Napoleon to Those escaping from war, it was a thrilling start to the camino and was a real personal achievement for me after not being certain I'd be able to do it.have a great time.

We are planning the same trip via Madrid next year. We will fly to Madrid. We stay overnight in Madrid. We allow a day or two to recover a bit from jet lag before walking. Staying in Madrid overnight cuts also down on worry of making missing the train. We purchase the train ticket well in advance in order to get the best price and pick the most convenient train! If you go to man in seat 61. (Seat61.com. ) Mark has a section regarding purchasing tickets for Spanish trains and purchasing options! Really good resource for train travel in Europe!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

You may not want to spend the money but arriving in Pamplona a few weeks ago instead of waiting a few hours for the bus I just paid 100€ for a taxi. Less stress. Good commentary and advice from the driver, time to visit pilgrim office, find accommodation and organise to forward extras to santiago. Lovely relaxed dinner and early start the following morning.

Alsa bus to Pamplona is located in Terminal 1 at airport. Then catch bus asap Pamplona to SJPP. Really enjoy yourself.
Buen camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My advice is take some motion sickness tablets. I never get car sick let alone bus sick but the bus from Pamplona to SJPdP is something else entirely, especially if mixed with jetlag. Wonderful trip, highlight being calling into a snowy Roncesvalles, but the hairpin bends! I was queasy for hours afterwards. BTW the bus driver was fantastic. No complaints at all about the service.

Last edited:
Hi!
Alsa bus to Pamplona leaves from Barajas T4 with a transfer in Soria. I took the bus last yr that left at 10:45 n reached Pamplona past 3pm. I stayed overnight at Pension Sarasate, which was just about 5 min-walk fr the bus station n took the bus to SJPdP the next day.
I hope this helps.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Better to get a seat on Bourricot & share a ride?
Express Bourricot does not have operating authority for Pamplona to SJPdP. Sorry. It is pretty much a choice between ALSA and a taxi. The cost of a taxi is a lot more than a night in Pamplona with a really good meal!!! Buen camino.

I met 3 people on train and we shared a cab to SJPP. 25 euro each

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hola, does anyone know if you can pay for a single municipal bus ride within Santiago city limits by tapping one's contactless payment card, similar to a London bus? Or do you have to purchase a...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back