• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to St Jean on a Sunday

Mark Beer

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to start my Camino 31/10/2017
Hello pilgrims, I’m about to start my Camino Frances either tomorrow or Tuesday. But first I have to get from Pamplona to St Jean pied de port, and I believe no buses are running on Sunday’s would this be correct?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
All is well. There are buses from Pamplona to SJPdP on Sunday at 14:30 or 17:30.
The info below comes courtesy of CaminoTeca which is that camino shop in Pamplona and I have no connection with them whatsoever beyond being grateful for the info they have on their website but feel obliged to give credit were credit is due.
https://www.caminoteca.com/en/content/39-how-to-get-to-saint-jean-pied-de-port-from-pamplona

• 10:00 AM (1st June - 30th September)
  • 12:00 PM (20th June - 5th September)
  • 14:30 PM (1st March - 2nd November)
  • 17:30 PM (1st April - 2nd November)
Have a very buen camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
IF you arrive late and there are no buses then just check around, if you are lucky you will find one or more peregrinos [easy to identify with their backpacks] waiting for transportation, just get together and share a taxi to SJPP. Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

IF you arrive late and there are no buses then just check around, if you are lucky you will find one or more peregrinos [easy to identify with their backpacks] waiting for transportation, just get together and share a taxi to SJPP. Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
My group of four hired a taxi from Pamplona to SJPdP. The young driver drove his small car like a crazy person on that narrow winding mountainous road. I was hanging on for dear life and even screamed a few times, but he ignored my angst completely. I thought it very rude to go so fast and truly feared for our lives in a rollover or head-on crash. It was a terrible first memory to the wonderful Camino that followed.

If I choose to walk the Frances again I will only take a bus or a van size taxi from Pamplona to the SJPdP with a more mature driver.

Last edited:
IF you are lucky you will find the safety conscious driver giving Team Sailor [my wife and me] and another caminante a taxi ride to SJPP during a wet/foggy evening. IF you are unlucky you will find the same young driver giving Camino Chris and her group the taxi ride to SJPP! Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My group of four hired a taxi from Pamplona to SJPdP. The young driver drove his small car like a crazy person on that narrow winding mountainous road. I was hanging on for dear life and even screamed a few times, but he ignored my angst completely. I thought it very rude to go so fast and truly feared for our lives in a rollover or head-on crash. It was a terrible first memory to the wonderful Camino that followed.

If I choose to walk the Frances again I will only take a bus or a van size taxi from Pamplona to the SJPdP with a more mature driver.
Yikes that must have been scary but have to tell you the bus is also a challenge. Fantastic driver. Felt in totally safe hands the entire way but oh those never ending switch back bends. And I don’t usually get car sick.

Yikes that must have been scary but have to tell you the bus is also a challenge. Fantastic driver. Felt in totally safe hands the entire way but oh those never ending switch back bends. And I don’t usually get car sick.
Oh yes...I forgot to mention the nausea! :confused:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back