• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

pamplona to st jean pied du port

viajera25

I am flying into pamplona, arriving at around 17:00. Is it realistic to try and get to SJPP that evening, or should i find a place to stay in pamplona and head to SJPP the next morning? also...bus or train...

will i be able to stay in a pilgrims albergue even though i won't technically have started the camino.

about how many days it take to walk from SJPP to pamplona? (i'm meeting a friend back in pamplona a few days after i start walking from SJPP)

thanks...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Viajera 25

From Pamplona.
Sorry my english

The only way to go from Pamplona to St.Jean, the same day of arrival is the taxi. There is not any service direct.

I believe that it is possible to sleep a day in the shelter - in this case-before start El Camino.

From SS.JJ. to Pamplona depend of you.
The ussual is 3 or 4 Days.-

Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I had a similar situation,I arrived in Pamplona at 1900 and the one and
only daily bus to Roncesvalles departs at 1800(weekdays),so I " did"
Pamplona for 23 hours on my way to my starting point at Roncesvalles and then walked straight thru Pamplona on second day,Zubiri to Cezur
Menor.
If you take the bus to Roncesvalles,about 6 or 8 euros,( I think),there
are usually taxis or mini-buses waiting to take those pilgrims that want to
start at SJPP.Not sure but I think if you find others going on sharing a taxi
could be as low as 9 or 10 euros each,may-be some one thats done it
could confirm this.All in all probably cheaper than a taxi from Pamplona to
SJPP.Hope this helps.Have a great Camino.Les

walked straight thru Pamplona ...to Cizur Menor.

Inasmuch as I love Pamplona, I've mostly liked to spend the night at small towns like Cizur Menor. http://ds.dial.pipex.com/telegraph/04ca ... Menor.html It's small, quiet, with a 12th century church, restaurant, and two nice albergues, public/private. One time when there were absolutely no beds due to the San Fermines, the church was inundated with matresses for pilgrims to sleep on...ah, there's nothing that feels better than sleeping in a church. For that Grañon http://www.granon.org/Albergue_de_Carra ... 074.0.html would be the perfect illustration, but that's another post. Best, xm 8)

You can go to Roncesvalles by bus, arriving there at about 19 00, and once there I think it would not be very difficult to get a lift to SJPP, which is only 15-20 minutes away by car

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back