• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Pamplona Train Station to Bus Station?

Phillypilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
C F Sept.(2013) Camino de Madrid & Finisterre/Muxia Sept. (2014)
Finisterre/Muia June (2017).
Have been scouring threads and can not find this answer. Arriving in Pamplona train station on September 3rd and I guess will take a bus to Roncesvalles, my starting point. How does one get to the Bus Station from the Train Station? Is it close? Any help would be great, thanks.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello from Pamplona.-
Don´t worry.-
The train st. and the bus st. it is not far.- There is a urban bus, ( number 9) from the train St. to the bus st.

Another option is the taxi, there is no distance and therefore it is not expensive.
Another one.- You can get, the bus st. walking about 30-40 minutos
BUEN CAMINO.-

7u06.jpg

Thank you Javier!!
If anyone out there is traveling from Pamplona to Roncesvalles on September 3rd please PM me.
Thanks, Pam

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
GPS says it's a 27 minute walk.

Google Maps 29 minutes:
Walking directions to Estación de Autobuses de Pamplona 3D

Estación RENFE
Spain

1. Head northeast on Calle del Muelle/Kaiko Kalea toward Calle de la Estación/Geltokiko Kalea
250 m
2. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Gipuzkoako Etorb./Av. Guipúzcoa
500 m
3. Turn right onto Biurdana Kalea/Calle Biurdana
98 m
4. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit
350 m
5. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Gipuzkoako Etorb./Av. Guipúzcoa
180 m
6. Continue onto Calle Bajada del Portal Nuevo/Portale Berriko Jaitsera
89 m
7. Continue onto Calle Taconera/Taconera Kalea
350 m
8. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Calle Navas de Tolosa/Navas de Tolosa Kalea
240 m
9. Calle Navas de Tolosa/Navas de Tolosa Kalea turns slightly right and becomes Calle Yanguas y Miranda/Yanguas y Miranda Kalea
Destination will be on the left
200 m

Estación de Autobuses de Pamplona
Spain

The stop for bus # 9 is just in front of the station - walk out the front door and it will be just in front of you, at the curb. The fare is 1.30 or 1.35. Tell the driver you are going to 'Estacion de autobus' and he will drop you at the closest stop and point you in the right direction. The bus comes every 20 minutes or so, so you won't be waiting long.

The bus to Roncesvalles is with Artieda: http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=roncesvalles The ticket window is just to the left of the Alsa/Conda window. Six euros for one-way. The bus leaves at 1800 hours (6:00pm) on 3rd September. If you can, buy your ticket as early in the day as possible, as the first week in September is a really busy time.

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wow, thanks for all the detailed directions, much appreciated.
How long is the bus ride from Pamplona to Roncesvalles? Also, I have not had any luck communicating (via email) with the Roncesvalles Albergue (the gorgeous Monastery) to make a reservation. Will I be able to arrive and find a (unreserved) bed September 3rd after taking a 6 PM bus from Pamplona?
Again, many thanks, Pam

Phillypilgrim said:
Wow, thanks for all the detailed directions, much appreciated.
How long is the bus ride from Pamplona to Roncesvalles? Also, I have not had any luck communicating (via email) with the Roncesvalles Albergue (the gorgeous Monastery) to make a reservation. Will I be able to arrive and find a (unreserved) bed September 3rd after taking a 6 PM bus from Pamplona?
Again, many thanks, Pam

As far as I am aware, all public albergues such as Roncesvalles operate on first come first served basis. Its a big albergue; Brierley says 183 beds. So its possible there is a bed for you. No way to be certain.

There is a hotel at Roncesvalles where you can make reservations. Internet search key words: Hotel Roncesvalles.

Bus takes 1hr 10 minutes.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I left the beautiful Roncesvalles Alburgue about 6 days ago.. No booking as mentioned, they have an overflow so you should be ok.. It is currently still light until 10pm.. So you won't be wandering around in the dark!!

whariwharangi said:
As far as I am aware, all public albergues such as Roncesvalles operate on first come first served basis.

The albergue in Roncesvalles is one of the few non-private albergues that does accept reservations, via email: http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-itzandegia

When I inquired last September, I was told that I would be sent a PayPal invoice to pay in advance. Personally, I think a reservation is a good idea on 3 September. The bus ride from Pamplona is about 75 minutes, so you will arrive a) after all the walking pilgrims from SJPP and Orisson, and b) with a bus load of pilgrims also looking for a bed.

There are close to 300 beds in Roncesvalles, if you consider both the new and old albergues. If you don't have a reservation, you will likely end up in the old one. It's not as comfortable as the new one, but full of historic character.

Also, I have not had any luck communicating (via email) with the Roncesvalles Albergue (the gorgeous Monastery) to make a reservation.
Of course, they have to talk to you to make a reservation! :D

If the Roncevalles Monastery email message link >> info@alberguederoncesvalles.com doesn't work try telephoning ! Here is their teléfono de contacto: 948 76 00 00, 948 76 00 29. International code for Spain is 34.

MM

Thanks again for all who responded to my concerns. I think my first two emails to the Roncesvalles Monastery were lost in cyberville, as they are now responding quickly and completely. I have secured a bed for 3rd September through Paypal for 11 Euros (vs 10 Euros by bank transfer). If you want to make a Paypal reservation, you must ask them about it. Then, no problem.
Thanks again, Pam in Philadelphia

Back