• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona Train Station to Bus Station

IcEaNa

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to go in Sept/Oct '16
Hi!

I'll be travelling to Pamplona from Barcelona by train and plan to get a bus to SJDP from Pamplona. I noticed that the distance between the train station and bus station is a 30min walk or a 12 min bus ride.

If I were to take a train that arrives in Pamplona at 1.15pm and then a bus to SJDP at 2.30pm would that be cutting it thin? Any advice would be appreciated!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If the train arrives on time, and you get the number 9 bus outside the station, it passes very near the bus station, so you should have lots of time, if you can follow the map, or at least have a sense of where you need to go. The 9 bus stops either before or after the side street where the bus station is, so you either walk forward and to the right or backwards towards the bus station. If someone else can answer more clearly, good!

Bus line A caught in front of the train station leaves every hour on the half hour to make two stops and then stops at the bus station. Takes about 15 minutes. Bus line 9 from the same place makes more stops and drops you off very close to the station. Runs every 10-15 minutes. Taxi (maybe share with other pilgrims on the train all the way to SJPdP.) Catch the 15:30 17:30 bus to SJPdP.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Consider also that you need to buy your ticket,. Last time I was in this bus station, queues were long and slow; put aside at least 15 minutes for that.
I vaguely remember there were ticket machines, on the other side.

Consider also that you need to buy your ticket,. Last time I was in this bus station, queues were long and slow; put aside at least 15 minutes for that.
I vaguely remember there were ticket machines, on the other side.
Are u referring to the bus that goes from the Train Station to Bus Station?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If the train arrives on time, and you get the number 9 bus outside the station, it passes very near the bus station, so you should have lots of time, if you can follow the map, or at least have a sense of where you need to go. The 9 bus stops either before or after the side street where the bus station is, so you either walk forward and to the right or backwards towards the bus station. If someone else can answer more clearly, good!
Hmm, do I get the bus tickets from a particular ticket counter? Or do I pay on the bus?

Hmm, do I get the bus tickets from a particular ticket counter? Or do I pay on the bus?
We bought ours online and brought a printout.

The ALSA website in English is at URL https://www.ALSA.es/en/ and the CONDA schedules are incorporated there. Besides getting the schedule CONDA tickets can be bought online ahead of time from the ALSA website as well.

Note: When using the ALSA website to book transportation to St. Jean Pied de Port you must spell out St. in full as Saint or the town will not be found.

From Pamplona you can also take a taxi to Roncevalles or SJPdP. The fare is hefty for one person but the cab can be shared. When you get into Pamplona it is easy to find other walkers (look for backpacks with shells hanging from them.) You could also be on the lookout for them while traveling in the bus or train to Pamplona. Ask them if they would like to share a taxi. Also, if you arrive at the train station you could ask to go to the bus station and maybe find a few others waiting outside that would be willing to fill the cab.

There is also a taxi share service provided by Teletaxi San Fermín that can be accessed online athttp://www.taxipamplona.com/en/comparte.php

The Teletaxi San Fermín fares are roughly in this range:

• Pamplona to Roncevalles is 60 euros (1 hour)
  • Pamplona to SJPdP is 100 euros (1.5 hours)
  • Add 25% for service for Sundays, holidays or night service (22:00-06:00.)
  • Add 5 euros for transportation from Pamplona's airport.
  • Add 5 euros for bicycle transportation.

We bought ours online and brought a printout.

The ALSA website in English is at URL https://www.ALSA.es/en/ and the CONDA schedules are incorporated there. Besides getting the schedule CONDA tickets can be bought online ahead of time from the ALSA website as well.

Note: When using the ALSA website to book transportation to St. Jean Pied de Port you must spell out St. in full as Saint or the town will not be found.

From Pamplona you can also take a taxi to Roncevalles or SJPdP. The fare is hefty for one person but the cab can be shared. When you get into Pamplona it is easy to find other walkers (look for backpacks with shells hanging from them.) You could also be on the lookout for them while traveling in the bus or train to Pamplona. Ask them if they would like to share a taxi. Also, if you arrive at the train station you could ask to go to the bus station and maybe find a few others waiting outside that would be willing to fill the cab.

There is also a taxi share service provided by Teletaxi San Fermín that can be accessed online athttp://www.taxipamplona.com/en/comparte.php

The Teletaxi San Fermín fares are roughly in this range:

• Pamplona to Roncevalles is 60 euros (1 hour)
  • Pamplona to SJPdP is 100 euros (1.5 hours)
  • Add 25% for service for Sundays, holidays or night service (22:00-06:00.)
  • Add 5 euros for transportation from Pamplona's airport.
  • Add 5 euros for bicycle transportation.
Thank you very much for the detailed information! It's really helpful!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Would u happen to know how much it might cost?
I met two pilgrims at Pamplona Airport this May and we shared a taxi to the train station in Pamplona, where one of us left. That cost about 10 or 12 Euros. We then continued with the taxi to the bus station and it cost us another 5 or 6 Euros.

Bus costs around 1,20 Euros if I remember correctly.

Yes, I refer to buying the ticket in the bus station. As explained above, you can buy it online. After a cloning of my credit card, I became allergic to shopping online, but that´s just me being odd. :(

Last edited:
I met two pilgrims at Pamplona Airport this May and we shared a taxi to the train station in Pamplona, where one of us left. That cost about 10 or 12 Euros. We then continued with the taxi to the bus station and it cost us another 5 or 6 Euros.

Bus costs around 1,20 Euros if I remember correctly.
Great! Thank you! I'll work that into my budget :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A sample page with omnio but to be sure you need to input your own date (this is a photo). when you go down on the escalator at the bus station, there are desks, and machines. there are helpful people also. Depending on your language skills, maybe a card with StJean Pied du Port written on it will help, and someone will direct you to the correct section. They will also tell you which stand the bus will leave from.
I think I have exhausted my usefulness to you at this point!9D44EE74-08C6-42AB-B4EB-A692505847B8.png

A sample page with omnio but to be sure you need to input your own date (this is a photo).
Just pretend that the picture says Conda where it says Eurolines. The Pamplona to SJPdP service has from 0 to 4 departures a day depending on the time of year, thus @kirkie saying to put in your date.

A sample page with omnio but to be sure you need to input your own date (this is a photo). when you go down on the escalator at the bus station, there are desks, and machines. there are helpful people also. Depending on your language skills, maybe a card with StJean Pied du Port written on it will help, and someone will direct you to the correct section. They will also tell you which stand the bus will leave from.
I think I have exhausted my usefulness to you at this point!View attachment 61334
Thank you very much! Appreciate the visuals! :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back