• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Pamplona

Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Sept- Oct Camino Frances
We arrived safely and easily into Pamplona from Los Angeles airport. We started meeting pilgrims from the start on am airport bus in Madrid. Waiting for a flight to Pamplona we met several pilgrims, including 3 from our home town, San Diego!! Since this is my first Camino I have nothing to compare it to but have been enjoying Pamplona. This morning we woke early and made it to mass at the cathedral. We were very pleased to have the cathedral as our first stamps in our passports.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We arrived safely and easily into Pamplona from Los Angeles airport. We started meeting pilgrims from the start on am airport bus in Madrid. Waiting for a flight to Pamplona we met several pilgrims, including 3 from our home town, San Diego!! Since this is my first Camino I have nothing to compare it to but have been enjoying Pamplona. This morning we woke early and made it to mass at the cathedral. We were very pleased to have the cathedral as our first stamps in our passports.

Buen camino from Los Angeles.

Vi ankom sikkert og lad til Pamplona fra Los Angeles lufthavn. Vi begyndte at møde pilgrimme fra starten på lufthavnsbussen i Madrid. Da vi ventede på et fly til Pamplona, mødte vi flere pilgrimme, heraf 3 fra vores hjemby, San Diego !! Da dette er min første Camino, har jeg ikke noget at sammenligne det med, men jeg har nydt Pamplona. I morges vågnede vi tidligt og nåede at messe i katedralen. Vi var meget glade for at have katedralen som vores første frimærker i vore
Vi ankom sikkert og lad til Pamplona fra Los Angeles lufthavn. Vi begyndte at møde pilgrimme fra starten på lufthavnsbussen i Madrid. Da vi ventede på et fly til Pamplona, mødte vi flere pilgrimme, heraf 3 fra vores hjemby, San Diego !! Da dette er min første Camino, har jeg ikke noget at sammenligne det med, men jeg har nydt Pamplona. I morges vågnede vi tidligt og nåede at messe i katedralen. Vi var meget glade for at have katedralen som vores første frimærker i vores pas.
God rejse jeg vil lige høre om i går med mundbind hele tiden

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Love Pamplona. It seems like there is a festival every night. Beautiful city, good municipal albergue, good food and nice people.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Something really simple in Pamplona - a visit to the Mercado near to the Hemingway hostel. One entrance is on Calle Amaya. Plenty of fresh produce of every hue and taste...

Hello from another San Diegan (actually- Poway), Buen Camino and I do envy you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Something really simple in Pamplona - a visit to the Mercado near to the Hemingway hostel. One entrance is on Calle Amaya. Plenty of fresh produce of every hue and taste...
Agree Kirkie! That was a treat and a welcome find to get some goodies to stow!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I just arrived in Pamplona today too. We started in SJPdP and walked here today from Zubiri. At the moment I’m trying to get up the energy to go grab some dinner. I’m looking forward to seeing this beautiful city tomorrow! Perfect place for a rest day!

That sounds like a wonderful start to your camino. Everyday is a new experience to savor. Buen camino

Buen Camino Guys

We arrive in Pamplona tomorrow walking from Larroaña for our 4th Camino day of our first Camino.

As we started up the Hill Without End from St Jean, the very first person we talked to ended up being from our hometown of Portland, Oregon.

It truly is a small world!

And the Camino brings us all together, like it is the first day in a new school - and everyone else is new too, so everyone is warm and eager to connect with others.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.