• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Pamplona

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I arrived in Pamplona yesterday for a 3 day visit before starting actually walking the camino in roncesvalles. it's only day 2 and I am overwhelmed by the friendliness, graciousness and respect of the people in this wonderful city. every interaction from taxi drivers to waiters, cooks, random people on the street, workmen, church people... has been filled with so much friendliness and good intentions - what an outpouring of good will!

The numerous churches are intense and spiritually powerful with the voices of ages. I walked into one today that was filled with monks doing a gregarian chant that brought me to my knees. the main cathedral was astoundingly beautiful and overwhelming in every good way.

the many ages of spirits who have inhabited these sacred places is palpable. sitting in the cathedral watching the silhouettes of humble pilgrims pass by as though shadows in time brought the human experience into perspective

this, followed by the incredible experience of pamplona's navarre museum's collection of art and artifacts from the dawn of history through modern age punctuated the profound experiences of the day (do not miss this museum!).

note: the food is also heaven on earth and is almost embarrassingly inexpensive!

a final recommendation: the hotel yoldi is a fantastic hotel convenient to old town and a 5 min walk to the main bus station. it is top-of-the-line in all respects and as par for the course here- dirt cheap for the incredible high quality of rooms and restaurant.

in sum, the respect and love shown to the pilgrim by the locals is quite evident and palpable.
so just arrive and see what it's like here in Spain!
buen camino!

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
just spent another 4 hours at the cathedral today-if you go there make sure to find the cloisters area where there is access to super old areas and underground underpinnings, a beautiful interior courtyard, a museum and garden area. the tour to see the belltower starts at about 11:15am- get ticket an hour before-it's 3 euros for peregrinos- also amazing!

I arrived in Pamplona yesterday for a 3 day visit before starting actually walking the camino in roncesvalles. it's only day 2 and I am overwhelmed by the friendliness, graciousness and respect of the people in this wonderful city. every interaction from taxi drivers to waiters, cooks, random people on the street, workmen, church people... has been filled with so much friendliness and good intentions - what an outpouring of good will!

The numerous churches are intense and spiritually powerful with the voices of ages. I walked into one today that was filled with monks doing a gregarian chant that brought me to my knees. the main cathedral was astoundingly beautiful and overwhelming in every good way.

the many ages of spirits who have inhabited these sacred places is palpable. sitting in the cathedral watching the silhouettes of humble pilgrims pass by as though shadows in time brought the human experience into perspective

this, followed by the incredible experience of pamplona's navarre museum's collection of art and artifacts from the dawn of history through modern age punctuated the profound experiences of the day (do not miss this museum!).

note: the food is also heaven on earth and is almost embarrassingly inexpensive!

a final recommendation: the hotel yoldi is a fantastic hotel convenient to old town and a 5 min walk to the main bus station. it is top-of-the-line in all respects and as par for the course here- dirt cheap for the incredible high quality of rooms and restaurant.

in sum, the respect and love shown to the pilgrim by the locals is quite evident and palpable.
buen camino!
I agree with you about Pamplona-beautiful place to be. I arrived Tuesday and am starting from here tomorrow morning.
My hotel is the Sercotel. I spurged a little but this may be my only time in Pamplona and it’s just off Plaza del Castillo and Calle Estafeta.
I think I’ve gained weight since I got here!
Supposed to be in the high 30’s in the morning

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That sounds wonderful! I will be doing the same thing at the end of May.Where did you stay in pamplona.
Buen camino!
In 2015 we stayed at the Hemmingway Hostel and it was great. Centrally located and very comfortable.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I agree with you about Pamplona-beautiful place to be. I arrived Tuesday and am starting from here tomorrow morning.
My hotel is the Sercotel. I spurged a little but this may be my only time in Pamplona and it’s just off Plaza del Castillo and Calle Estafeta.
I think I’ve gained weight since I got here!
Supposed to be in the high 30’s in the morning
sorry i missed you but doubt i'll catch up! buen camino happy trails! yoldi is also a splurge but i meant it is super cheap for the excellent quality!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

buen camino!
Which church had the Gregorian Chant?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sercotel / Hotel Europa is outstanding. Within steps of Plaza Castilla and many tapas bars. Nice, comfortable rooms. Outstanding breakfast. Courteous and efficient staff. We've stayed there during our last three caminos and will stay there again in 2023. Bob
I stayed there in September last year after arriving late by train from Barcelona and before taking the bus the next day to start in Roncesvalles. Loved it, and will definitely look to stay there again on another Camino in the future.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sercotel / Hotel Europa is outstanding. Within steps of Plaza Castilla and many tapas bars. Nice, comfortable rooms. Outstanding breakfast. Courteous and efficient staff. We've stayed there during our last three caminos and will stay there again in 2023. Bob
We are here now and totally agree with you.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back