• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Parador has a Cyber Monday special today

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
@Doughnut NZ Is this an annual sale? As I'm Camino-ing in 2023 and wondering whether to put off buying a glorious 5 nights in a Parador to next year's sale? I know the deal lasts 3 years but if I can spend the money next year it's another year in MY pocket not theirs! :)
I am sorry but I don't know if it is an annual sale. It could be a good reason to put a reminder in your diary though and they do have specials at other times.

I know about this sale because I joined their Amigos de Paradores after a suggestion from @peregrina2000. As a member you are entitled to a bunch of cheaper and free stuff.

I joined the Amigos de Paradores yesterday and have been trying to buy gift boxes ever since. The web form won't allow you to enter "Province" if you put in another country (USA in my case), but when you submit the form it gets rejected because the province field is missing. I've written them on their contact/complaint form, but have low anticipation a response will be timely enough. The sale ends in 4 hours. Anyone from the US have any luck buying these gift boxes online?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This will be honored at every Parador?
Also, is a physical gift box, and therefore I would have to pay for international shipping??

Also, is a physical gift box, and therefore I would have to pay for international shipping??
Make sure that you click on Condiciones and Paradores - Paradores incluidos en esta promoción. Granada is xcluded and for some of the other Paradors like Leon and Santiago you have to pay extra pro night and room and there is no guarantee for rooms under this system during Semana Santa and other periods of high affluence.

Shipping to the USA seems to be only €30. But there is the bug with the province/address for addresses in the USA, and I can't see how to solve it (I used Apple Cupertino as address).

Make sure that you click on Condiciones and Paradores - Paradores incluidos en esta promoción. Granada is xcluded and for some of the other Paradors like Leon and Santiago you have to pay extra pro night and room and there is no guarantee for rooms under this system during Semana Santa and other periods of high affluence.

Shipping to the USA seems to be only €30. But there is the bug with the province/address for addresses in the USA, and I can't see how to solve it (I used Apple Cupertino as address).
It's strange that it's an actual physical gift box - it seems that a digital certificate would be much easier and less expensive for them to sell.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I joined the Amigos de Paradores yesterday and have been trying to buy gift boxes ever since. The web form won't allow you to enter "Province" if you put in another country (USA in my case), but when you submit the form it gets rejected because the province field is missing. I've written them on their contact/complaint form, but have low anticipation a response will be timely enough. The sale ends in 4 hours. Anyone from the US have any luck buying these gift boxes online?
I tried ordering one of the gift boxes and the Province field was greyed out so that I couldn't choose one. Everything worked when I went on to purchase a gift box.

Two suggestions for how to fix your dilemma:

The website defaults to Spanish and that is okay because my browser automatically translates. However, in the past I have found issues filling out forms when I am using browser translate. I suggest choosing English on the drop down on the Paradore website rather than letting your browser translate the text. I found that I had to do this a couple of times as I moved through the form.

The second option is to join their amigos de paradores before ordering the gift box and then your address will be automatically populated provided you use your membership number and date of birth.

By the way, the offer still seems to be open even though it is Tuesday although it may still be Monday in Spain.

They don't seem to differentiate between different Paradores but be sure to read the terms and conditions

Edit: Oh, I see that @Kathar1na has answered your question far more accurately than I did (of course) :)

Last edited:
It's strange that it's an actual physical gift box - it seems that a digital certificate would be much easier and less expensive for them to sell.
I guess that they are romantics and wanted to provide something for under the tree.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
To my surprise, the Amigos de Paradores office promptly responded to my contact/complaint about their website not working for out of Spain gift box purchases. They sent me a form to fill out in lieu of using the website. It was basically a spreadsheet of the online form. I sent it it in with payment information. I'll let you know if it works and the box shows up!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back