• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris - Bayonne - SJPDP

Brisbanegee

A champion is one who gets up when they can't.
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (2015)
Hi all,

I am from Brisbane Australia and wanting to ask a question.

Booking TGV 07:26am 28th February 2015 from Paris Montparnasse arriving Bayonne 12:32pm.

What is my best (cheapest) option to get to SJPDP on 28th Feb from Bayonne?

Looking at staying SJPDP and leaving early on 1st March.

Glenn

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi all,

I am from Brisbane Australia and wanting to ask a question.

Booking TGV 07:26am 28th February 2015 from Paris Montparnasse arriving Bayonne 12:32pm.

What is my best (cheapest) option to get to SJPDP on 28th Feb from Bayonne?

Looking at staying SJPDP and leaving early on 1st March.

Glenn

Hi Glenn.
I will be about a week ahead of you and I am catching the train from Paris to Bayonne also. Attached is the link for the train times from Bayonne to St Jean. Don't know if it's the cheapest option but hope it helps.
http://www.raileurope-world.com/train-tickets/journey-insights/article/bayonne-st-jean-pied-de-port
Buen Camino :)
Karen

Last edited:
On the TER site select 'Horaire & Trafic' ... then select 'Fiche Horaire' then to the right find the space with the word '*Ligne'. From the drop down list select 'Ligne 62 Bayonne to SJPdP' Click 'Recherche' and find a link to a PDF schedule ... the link to the current schedule is posted here.

SNCF TER Aquitaine
http://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine/

TER 62 Schedule 14 Dec 2014 - 4 July 2015
http://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/aquitaine/62-AFFICHE-15_tcm50-35352_tcm50-9053.pdf

Note: Tracks between Cambo les Bains and SJPdP were washed out spring 2014. The TER train goes from Bayonne to Cambo les Bains where passengers transfer to an SNCF bus (autocar) to SJPdP. Often a bus is used for the entire route and leaves from the entrance of the train station in Bayonne.

Hi Glenn.
I will be about a week ahead of you and I am catching the train from Paris to Bayonne also. Attached is the link for the train times from Bayonne to St Jean. Don't know if it's the cheapest option but hope it helps.
http://www.raileurope-world.com/train-tickets/journey-insights/article/bayonne-st-jean-pied-de-port
Buen Camino :)
Karen

Thank you Karen. I do not get any search results for 28th February or anywhere near it.

Now sure why but thank you and how long are you walking for?

Cheers

Glenn

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
On the TER site select 'Horaire & Trafic' ... then select 'Fiche Horaire' then to the right find the space with the word '*Ligne'. From the drop down list select 'Ligne 62 Bayonne to SJPdP' Click 'Recherche' and find a link to a PDF schedule ... the link to the current schedule is posted here.

SNCF TER Aquitaine
http://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine/

TER 62 Schedule 14 Dec 2014 - 4 July 2015
http://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/aquitaine/62-AFFICHE-15_tcm50-35352_tcm50-9053.pdf

Note: Tracks between Cambo les Bains and SJPdP were washed out spring 2014. The TER train goes from Bayonne to Cambo les Bains where passengers transfer to an SNCF bus (autocar) to SJPdP. Often a bus is used for the entire route and leaves from the entrance of the train station in Bayonne.

Great work and will try and work out what it says in French and will assist i am sure.

Cheers again

Great work and will try and work out what it says in French and will assist i am sure.

Some help with the French:

Autocar=Bus
TER=(Regional) Train
Lun=Monday(s)
Mar à Dim et fêtes=from Tuesday to Sunday and Public Holidays
Lun à Sam=from Monday to Saturday
Tous les jours et fêtes=Daily (including public holidays)
Ven, Dim et fêtes=Friday(s), Sunday(s) and public holidays.
Mar à Sam=from Tuesday to Saturday
Ne circule pas le 28 fêv=It doesn't run on February 28th
Circule uniquement le 28 fêv=It just run on February 28th
Les trains ne circulent pas les jours fériés, sauf indication contraire=The trains don't run on public holidays unless otherwise stated (i.e.: unless it says "et fêtes" on the schedule)

It also says that the schedules don't have into consideration the works in the tracks and that those works (may) mean the modification of the schedule(s) shown on the link and invite you to get updated info before your departure about the works and the trains affected by them.

Some help with the French:

Autocar=Bus
TER=(Regional) Train
Lun=Monday(s)
Mar à Dim et fêtes=from Tuesday to Sunday and Public Holidays
Lun à Sam=from Monday to Saturday
Tous les jours et fêtes=Daily (including public holidays)
Ven, Dim et fêtes=Friday(s), Sunday(s) and public holidays.
Mar à Sam=from Tuesday to Saturday
Ne circule pas le 28 fêv=It doesn't run on February 28th
Circule uniquement le 28 fêv=It just run on February 28th
Les trains ne circulent pas les jours fériés, sauf indication contraire=The trains don't run on public holidays unless otherwise stated (i.e.: unless it says "et fêtes" on the schedule)

It also says that the schedules don't have into consideration the works in the tracks and that those works (may) mean the modification of the schedule(s) shown on the link and invite you to get updated info before your departure about the works and the trains affected by them.

Thank you so very much. Sometimes it is hard being an Australian, but your support means a lot.

Will look at that information and see what comes of it :)

Glenn

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Glenn,
You can purchase your ticket (in English) and have it mailed to Australia (takes about a week) from this site http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/train-ticket/result?hid=WZ
(The link should direct you to the date you want)
You don't need to pre-book but it does mean you don't have to bother with buying tickets on your first day, just take it with you.
Also, when booking trains in France tickets can vary in price with your age (so you need to preselect the ages of the travellers)
Buen Camino
Colin

Thank you Karen. I do not get any search results for 28th February or anywhere near it.

Now sure why but thank you and how long are you walking for?

Cheers

Glenn

Hi.
Not sure why you are unable to get results. I am seeing it on this end. Maybe I gave you a bad link? Let me know if you still need help and I will be happy to look up what you need and forward it to you. Or if anyone else has suggestions on what the problem might be?
I will be walking for about 5-6 weeks all going well :)

Hi.
Not sure why you are unable to get results. I am seeing it on this end. Maybe I gave you a bad link? Let me know if you still need help and I will be happy to look up what you need and forward it to you. Or if anyone else has suggestions on what the problem might be?
I will be walking for about 5-6 weeks all going well :)

I have been told as i am not in Europe and in Oz, it detects the ip address i am using and will not quote. If you can look up for me on 28th and give me a heads up for availability times.

Cheers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have been told as i am not in Europe and in Oz, it detects the ip address i am using and will not quote. If you can look up for me on 28th and give me a heads up for availability times.

Cheers

Hi Glenn.
Looks like you have a screen shot from Falcon. Thanks Falcon! If you need any more help just holler. With pilgrims from all over the world on this forum there is always someone awake and happy to help. It's a wonderful community :)
Buen camino!!

Cheers

Clear your cookies then try again and when it asks tell it you are in France.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back