• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris hotel for two nights?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Since you will be visiting Paris before beginning your pilgrimage here are two Parisian accommodations sponsored by religious groups; the Frères Aveniat and the Benedictine Sisters of the Sacred Heart at the basilica of Sacre Coeur.

For secular accommodation in Paris have you tried CouchSurfing, AirBnB or searched Hostelworld for individual rooms?

Check out this earlier thread for other suggestions where you might stay.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/where-to-stay-in-paris.34286/

Do scan these earlier Forum threads for much more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino within Paris.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived 35+ years in France both in Paris and Champagne for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino!

PS. A good way to see a lot of Paris quickly is to take a bus tour. Check this web for various possibilities/prices.
http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/paris-bus-tours-best/

PPS Check this web for how to easily/cheaply travel from CDG airport to downtown Paris.
https://www.paristoolkit.com/airport/paris_cdg_bus.htm

Last edited:
Check out the “Earth House” at solarhotel.fr for less than $100 (with all the fees) and close to transit and a train station (though it may not be THE train station you need....).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Check out the “Earth House” at solarhotel.fr for less than $100 (with all the fees) and close to transit and a train station (though it may not be THE train station you need....).
Thanks. Looks like a great location at a good price - I've booked it!

I lived in Paris many years ago. The location of the Solar Hotel is pretty good....

If you are traveling on by train, it is fairly close to the Gare Montparnasse, just 1.2 km. If you do travel by train, don't forget to stamp (composter)
your ticket before boarding the train. The machines to do so are found somewhere before you head down the tracks to the positions each car is boarded. If you purchase a ticket by email, check its instructions. It was not necessary to stamp this ticket last time I took the train (ouigo/TGV). You just carry it with you to show to the conductor.

If you are flying from the Orly airport, it is very close to the terminus of the OrlyBus. That's the inexpensive public transport to Orly.

Enjoy your brief stay in Paris. It is a beautiful city and a great city to explore on foot.

Since you will be visiting Paris before beginning your pilgrimage here are two Parisian accommodations sponsored by religious groups; the Frères Aveniat and the Benedictine Sisters of the Sacred Heart at the basilica of Sacre Coeur.

For secular accommodation in Paris have you tried CouchSurfing, AirBnB or searched Hostelworld for individual rooms?

Check out this earlier thread for other suggestions where you might stay.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/where-to-stay-in-paris.34286/

Do scan these earlier Forum threads for much more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino within Paris.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived 35+ years in France both in Paris and Champagne for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino!

PS. A good way to see a lot of Paris quickly is to take a bus tour. Check this web for various possibilities/prices.
http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/paris-bus-tours-best/

PPS Check this web for how to easily/cheaply travel from CDG airport to downtown Paris.
https://www.paristoolkit.com/airport/paris_cdg_bus.htm

For many years now, you have been one of my exemplar's - one of the individuals I would most like to emulate. Every post you make is a joy for me to read. I pray for you and your spouse's good health and peace. Grazie mille

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'll be arriving in Paris in early May. As I've never been there before I'll spend two nights there before taking the train to SJPdP.
I want to spend less than 100€/night, and would like to be fairly central with easy access to the train station.
I agree with the Adenviat, hostal in a very central location and you can get a discount for being a pilgrim! And a stamp too. It was less than 40 euro and included breakfast. I was in a semi-private room and we had our own bathroom. I walked all over and saw a lot in 3 days. Enjoy Paris! Hop on Hop off is excellent and the D'Orsay is not to be missed.
https://adveniat-paris.org/fr/

I'll be arriving in Paris in early May. As I've never been there before I'll spend two nights there before taking the train to SJPdP.
I want to spend less than 100€/night, and would like to be fairly central with easy access to the train station.
Hi my daughter and I are doing the same thing in April two nights and one day to see paris we are staying at a hostel for under 100 just google it . But the big question is how to see Paris in one day .That is the problem, Good luck God bless.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hotel Marignan on the Left Bank. I have stayed there many times. Last time, May 2018, it cost about 70 euro, high season for a single, shared bath. Serves a breakfast, can use the kitchen and washing machines. Close to RER/Metro stop Saint Michel/Notre Dame and two other Metro stops.

Hi trecile...I am going to spend one night in Paris before going to SJPDP, if you search by BOOKING.COM you can use the filters (budget and location) and find very good options. And if you are going to SJ by train GARE DE MONTPARNASSE is your train station. So make sure you are not that far away from it. Good luck and BUEN CAMINO. 👣

I usually resort to google maps (as in "Gare Montparnasse" + hotel); you get a panorama of locations and prices. If a hotel looks good to me, I check the actual price (sometimes, it differs) in booking.com or the webpage hotel (where sometimes it is cheaper), and, as a final comprobation, give a fast glance at the reviews in tripadvisor. This has worked well to me.
Problem with hotels is that most of them have adopted the hateful "dynamic tariff" system. So, a hotel that is a very good place one year, could be prohibitive the next. And the price for the same room and date could vary in different moments.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm looking at possibly flying to Biarritz, rather than taking the train. Which part of Paris is best if I'm flying from CDG?

If you want to fly, you will find more/cheaper choices out of Orly rather than CDG. Can't beat the train though. Paris hotels are tough. Its expensive, and the cheaper ones are not very good. The good news is it really doesn't matter where you stay, the metro gets you around cheap, fast, and easy. Just make sure you are inside the perimeter, and there is a metro a few blocks away.

If you want to fly, you will find more/cheaper choices out of Orly rather than CDG. Can't beat the train though. Paris hotels are tough. Its expensive, and the cheaper ones are not very good. The good news is it really doesn't matter where you stay, the metro gets you around cheap, fast, and easy. Just make sure you are inside the perimeter, and there is a metro a few blocks away.
Thanks. I actually found better flights from CDG. Is there a metro station at the airport?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Nope, CDG is well out of town. Locals take the RER-B line (10 euros) into town, which connects to the Metro. The RER is the regional LRT rail that is separate from the metro. Stay somewhere near a RER-B station, or take the metro from where you are to a RER-B station. You can also take a LeBus direct to/from CDG, it leaves from the Opera district.

Hello trecile
I am guessing you are arriving at CDG so my suggestion is to stay at a hotel near the airport. I stayed two nights at the Ibis Budget Roissy for just over 50 euros a night in late October. The rooms are small but modern and clean. A five minute walk takes you to a public bus stop and from there, depending on traffic it is 45 mins to 1 1/2 hours to Gare du Nord from where all of Paris is before you. The bus is 4 euros each way. Alternatively you can take the airport shuttle (which you took from CDG to the hotel) back to the airport and take the ReR -B line into Gare du Nord.

CDG is a half an hour by train from Paris.
I stayed in the Ibis CDG Aeroport (don't confuse it with the Ibis Roissy, above recommended). it is literally in the airport, you just cross s parking lot. So, you avoid the hassle and stress of a bus transfer.
It is basic, but modern and well organizad; cheking out is just dropping the key in a box, and there is a breakfast buffet very early in the morning. Good if you have an early flight; otherwise, stay in Paris.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.