• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris Hotel

irishgoose

I am planning on my Camino in april 13. I am however planning on spending a couple days in paris to prepare before i begin my hike. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on a particular hotel to stay at while im in Paris. Nothing to fancy im on a budget. Nothing to scary. I am just looking for a place to crash but some what decent and close to attractions ....any other recommendations please let me know.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Try "Hotel Claude Bernard", I enjoyed my stay there last year and will stay there again.

Several years ago a friend referred me to the Welcome Hotel (http://www.welcomehotel-paris.com/). Since then, I've stayed there four times, and will continue to use it as my base when passing through Paris. Terrific connections and location. Very helpful English-speaking staff.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
If the BUDGET part of the equation is important the Formula1 Hotel (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... rance.html) is fine. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the showers the same (although the toilets were weird in that they self-flushed as you opened the door to leave????), a metro station is just a hundred metres away, and best of all, right across the road is a big Carrefour supermarket and so you can buy food cheaply.
Lots of people complain that this is not a nice hotel - and if you are accustomed to staying in fancy places, you'll not like it. But if you are used to existing on a budget, you'll be fine. Having hostelled, guesthoused and couchsurfed our way through the cheapest places in SE Asia, we found this to be more than adequate!

Well I was on a budget and I miss booked my connections by 20mins! So I just before I left Au I hunted down a hotel in or near Gare Montparnasse Station. So I stayed at Hotel Gobelins for a night... Basic more than fine your only sleeping there! Courtyard and sitting area were quite cool, shops just up the road and a laundromatt a street over. I was only there for a night so quick wash of my dubai gear and a quick walk around town.

Plus it was only 2k to 3k from Gare Montparnasse Station a great short walk through some awesome buildings. I took the scenic route through the graveyard it was amazing..
http://www.hotelgobelins.com/

If I can't couch-surf in Paris I will go again.

Thank you for posting recommendations for the Welcome Hotel and Hotel Claude Bernard. They both look good and are well-positioned for sightseeing. Unfortunately, hotel prices tend to go up regularly and my usual hotels in Paris are now just that bit too expensive.

Through a whole series of misadventures (some my fault, others not), I missed my train by minutes and remembered a Forum post recommending the Hotel de Paris. It's just across the road from Gare Montparnasse and I would stay there again if I were going to catch an early train

http://www.hotelparismaine.com/EN/index.Asp

By the way, when you are stressed because you've just flown in from Australia and then missed your train, I thoroughly recommend paying a little extra for a room with a bath and going to the supermarket to buy bath gel. Ah, I still remember the bliss of soaking in that tub while all the tension dissolved away.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I loved this place! Very old world Paris. Great exciting vibe with wonderful restaurant downstairs and British pub two places down. All locals with easy access to the metro. Probably best prices you will find!

http://www.eldoradohotel.fr/

Several years ago a friend referred me to the Welcome Hotel (http://www.welcomehotel-paris.com/). Since then, I've stayed there four times, and will continue to use it as my base when passing through Paris. Terrific connections and location. Very helpful English-speaking staff.

@Kitsambler , We are currently checking out this hotel. Would you take a taxi to Montparnasse Train Station? Thanks!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
It really is helpful and appreciated when hotels in Europe (like Paris) are posted.
Hopefully we can keep adding to this as people share recommendations.
Location and price range and website is appreciated.

Let's keep this thread for Paris and open others if there are other cities where hotel reservation are often needed.

I love St Thomas d'Aquin in a small street in St Germain. It is a pretty vine covered family run hotel, utterly charming and Parisienne.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back