• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris to Bayonne to SJPP via train

Len Dacombe

Len from Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
April/May 2015 & September 2015
Hello everyone!!

My Camino plans are now in the finalization stage. I will be travelling from Canada and landing in Paris (CDG) at about 9:30 AM local time on April 6th, 2015. My question is this: Do I have enough time to clear France's customs, grab my backpack, and grab a shuttle (or taxi) from CDG to the Montparnasse train station to catch the 12:28 PM train to Bayonne? I'd like to reserve my train seat in advance but I'm not sure if I'm cutting it too close or not???

I will likely stay the night in Bayonne and catch the train to SJPP the next morning (April 7th, 2015). Then I think I will spend the day and night in SJPP and begin my Camino trek on April 8th, 2015.

Anyone arriving at the same time?? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Cheers,

Len

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Those trains seem to go through Bordeaux with a train change. I was trying to go direct and catch some sleep!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Those trains seem to go through Bordeaux with a train change. I was trying to go direct and catch some sleep!!
Yes, they do change trains at Bordeaux and Bayonne. That's the train I took to SJPdP in 2013 for my first Camino. Nice train ride, but didn't get much sleep as there were about 20 French schoolchildren on board singing and such. Ha ha. Still, it was all good. I spent the night in SJPdP and caught up on sleep there.

Yes, they do change trains at Bordeaux and Bayonne. That's the train I took to SJPdP in 2013 for my first Camino. Nice train ride, but didn't get much sleep as there were about 20 French schoolchildren on board singing and such. Ha ha. Still, it was all good. I spent the night in SJPdP and caught up on sleep there.
Some of the change trains times are like 10 - 15 minutes. Is that reasonable?

Yes, I can attest to that, ha ha. I missed my train change in Bordeaux, but caught the next one (no charge) which left about 1/2 hour later. Missing it was my fault. I had enough time, but just couldn't find it. I do not parlez vous Francais, but after the train left with me running after it (yeah, that happened) I located a lovely young lady who worked there who spoke English and directed me to the next train. :cool:
Anyway, it did lead to a domino effect and I had to take a later train into SJPdP after I arrived in Bayonne.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Would still Like to know if I can make the Montparnasse station for the 12:28 Train when I'm landing at CDG at 9:30 AM??

The Bordeaux-Saint Jean station or "gare" is a big one, but not difficult to navigate. You can change tracks easily, and in my experience, trains await for the connecting passengers if the previous one is delayed.
You will see a panel like that
http://www.gares-en-mouvement.com/fr/frboj/horaires-temps-reel/dep/
Be attentive to your type and train number, departure hour, and final destination (which may or may not be Bayonne). You must go to the indicated "voie" or track.
Before leaving, a record message is played that says, very clearly « Le TGV (or TER or Intercités) numéro..., à destination de .... départ voie.... Il desservira...Bayonne".
Buen camino!

ps: (added edition) you should "compost" your ticket in these little yellow devices before boarding. Just do as the locals. If you forgot it, tell the conductor before he/she starts reviewing them. They sometimes don' t appear at all, and when they do, they are usually quite comprehensive with unaware foreigners, but you never know....

Last edited:
ic
The Bordeaux-Saint Jean station or "gare" is a big one, but not difficult to navigate. You can change easily, and in my experience, trains await for the connecting passengers if the previous one is delayed.
You will see a panel like that
http://www.gares-en-mouvement.com/fr/frboj/horaires-temps-reel/dep/
Be attentive to your type and train number, departure hour, and final destination (which may or may not be Bayonne). You must go to the indicated "voie" or track.
Before leaving, a record message is played that says, very clearly « Le TGV (or TER or Intercités) numéro..., à destination de .... départ voie.... Il desservira...Bayonne".
Buen camino!

ps: (added edition) you should "compost" your ticket in these little yellow devices before boarding. Just do as the locals. If you forgot it, tell the conductor before he/she starts reviewing them. They sometimes don' t appear at all, and when they do, they are usually quite comprehensive with unaware foreigners, but you never know....

Does the composter give you back the ticket after it's been "composted"?? (i.e. I'm thinking "proof of ticket"). Since I will be reserving online in advance, when and where do I receive the ticket which needs to be composted? Do I have to take my paperwork to a ticket booth prior to boarding?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Would still Like to know if I can make the Montparnasse station for the 12:28 Train when I'm landing at CDG at 9:30 AM??
I don't recall how long it took for me to get through passport control, etc when I arrived at Paris CDG airport. I don't recall it taking very long, though. Let's assume it took me one hour. I carried-on my backpack (highly recommended), so I bypassed baggage claim. So that's one hour of your three. Looking around on the net I saw a couple of people say it takes about one hour to get to Montparnasse Station from CDG. So that would leave you one hour upon arrival at Montparnasse.
I'm sure somebody on here has done it and will eventually advise more precisely.

Hello everyone!!

My Camino plans are now in the finalization stage. I will be travelling from Canada and landing in Paris (CDG) at about 9:30 AM local time on April 6th, 2015. My question is this: Do I have enough time to clear France's customs, grab my backpack, and grab a shuttle (or taxi) from CDG to the Montparnasse train station to catch the 12:28 PM train to Bayonne? I'd like to reserve my train seat in advance but I'm not sure if I'm cutting it too close or not???

I will likely stay the night in Bayonne and catch the train to SJPP the next morning (April 7th, 2015). Then I think I will spend the day and night in SJPP and begin my Camino trek on April 8th, 2015.

Cheers,

Len
Hello Len, we are from Ontaio and will be a week ahead of you. We debated the same questions but then decided to stay the night close to Gare Montparnasse and take the train the next morning for Bayonne on to St.Jean Pied de Port. Our walk starts April 1, and weather permitting we plan to stop in Orisson. Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you. Have a safe trek. Maya

I don't recall how long it took for me to get through passport control, etc when I arrived at Paris CDG airport. I don't recall it taking very long, though. Let's assume it took me one hour. I carried-on my backpack (highly recommended), so I bypassed baggage claim. So that's one hour of your three. Looking around on the net I saw a couple of people say it takes about one hour to get to Montparnasse Station from CDG. So that would leave you one hour upon arrival at Montparnasse.
I'm sure somebody on here has done it and will eventually advise more precisely.
The problem with not checking the backpack is that Hiking ploes cannot be carried on, not to mention all of the liquids, pocket knife etc. Don't seem to have much choice!! But I'm open toi ideas!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Len, we are from Ontaio and will be a week ahead of you. We debated the same questions but then decided to stay the night close to Gare Montparnasse and take the train the next morning for Bayonne on to St.Jean Pied de Port. Our walk starts April 1, and weather permitting we plan to stop in Orisson. Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you. Have a safe trek. Maya
Thanks Maya. Buen Camino to you too!!!

Staying in Paris near Montparnasse station might be another option I could consider, but I would prefer to get out on the road as soon as possible. There is a later train but it gets into Bayonne much later in the evening.

Last edited:
The problem with not checking the backpack is that Hiking ploes cannot be carried on, not to mention all of the liquids, pocket knife etc. Don't seem to have much choice!! But I'm open toi ideas!!
Only advice I can give is that you can purchase anything liquid such as toothpaste, deodorant, etc upon your arrival in St. Jean, and you can get an inexpensive knife there as well. So really no need to carry that stuff to Europe. The most you will need a knife for is slicing bread, cheese, sausage, etc. If you do buy one in Spain or France, get a corkscrew as well. Can be handy. The trekking poles is another matter. You can buy some there in St. Jean, but I suppose if you have already invested in a set, that's a tough call.

Does the composter give you back the ticket after it's been "composted"??
Yes. It just stamps a date and station on it (composter is "to punch", but it does not actually put holes in it), but you do need the ticket. So if you just have paperwork from the internet, you probably need to go to the ticket window with your receipt.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
ic
Does the composter give you back the ticket after it's been "composted"?? (i.e. I'm thinking "proof of ticket"). Since I will be reserving online in advance, when and where do I receive the ticket which needs to be composted? Do I have to take my paperwork to a ticket booth prior to boarding?

Sorry, no personal experience. In France I usually go to the station and buy my ticket on the spot (except for overnight trains, that need to be bought some days in advance).
The only time I reserved online, some years ago, I chose the option of going to the ticket booth to exchange my online reservation for the ticket.
Upon this webpage, apparently if you have an e-ticket, you don't need to compost or punch it.
http://be.voyages-sncf.com/en/e-ticket
only to present an ID, if requested.
It is easy to verify, anyway. Look if your ticket has a line that says "Billet à composter avant l`acces au train". That means you should compost (and yes, the device gives your ticket back, it only prints a codebar).

As regards CDG - Montparnasse. I have chosen in the past train (RER B) to Denfert Rochereau train/metro station, then metro line 4 or 6 to Montparnasse.
The DR station is not easy to navigate if you are not familiar with the system, and can be quite stressful.
I generally recommend the door to door Air France bus; the time may be the same, approximately ( 1 1/4).
http://www.lescarsairfrance.com/lignes-horaires/ligne-cdg-aeroport-paris-gare-montparnasse.html
But you must be watchful about traffic disturbances, as the currently announced.

Transportation from CDG - Paris - SJPPP is discused here, by a very knowledgeable forum member.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/train-from-paris-cdg-to-bayonne.28831/#post-241017
I noticed that this post recommends CDG - Massy (this is a station the other side of Paris) and pick up there the train coming from Montparnasse. The benefit: no transfers.

Last edited:
Well I have received some good advice from a Canadian Pilgrim who indicated that I "might" be able to make the 12:28 train at Montparnasse, but there would be no guarentee. So I am also taking the advice from others on this forum and am going to stay the night in Paris, but near the Montparnasse station so grabbing the train the next morning will be a fairly simple task. I've picked a hotel accross the street form the train station. I've book the train to Bayonne and from Bayonne to SJPP and 2 nights accomodation in SJPP to perpare for my Camino. I plan to start walking April 9th (bright and early). Maybe I'll see along the way.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Les Cars Air France has a direct bus from CDG to Montparnasse station, travel time about 45 minutes. Check their schedule on-line. It'll be close but you can probably make it.

Hello everyone!!

Cheers,

Len
If you're going from CDG to the centre of Paris it's much better to get the train RER, rather than a taxi (cheaper as well) - check RATP.fr - but that should take you no more than an hour. How long it takes you to get through customs depends, but I would allow an hour. So you should make it - as long as your flight isn't delayed etc...!

Hello everyone!!

Cheers,

Len
You may want to check into a Air France from Orly to Bayonne. Inexpensive and you can save a bunch of time. There are shuttles from CDG to Orly. Just a thought...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, I can attest to that, ha ha. I missed my train change in Bordeaux, but caught the next one (no charge) which left about 1/2 hour later. Missing it was my fault. I had enough time, but just couldn't find it. I do not parlez vous Francais, but after the train left with me running after it (yeah, that happened) I located a lovely young lady who worked there who spoke English and directed me to the next train. :cool:
Anyway, it did lead to a domino effect and I had to take a later train into SJPdP after I arrived in Bayonne.
Hi Mark Lee, I have a concern, my plain also arrives to Paris airport at 09:30AM, I'm planing to take the taxi to Montparnesse and hopefully catch a fast train to Bordeaux, from there train or bus to SJPDP. Problem is if I arrive at 09:30AM would it be enough time for me to take the train? do you know their schedule? I was under the impression that it leaves the station at 11:40 AM. if I miss it is there anyway in Paris by the Monyparnesse station, that you know of, just in case?:)

...my plain also arrives to Paris airport at 09:30AM, I'm planing to take the taxi to Montparnesse and hopefully catch a fast train to Bordeaux, from there train or bus to SJPDP. Problem is if I arrive at 09:30AM would it be enough time for me to take the train? do you know their schedule? I was under the impression that it leaves the station at 11:40 AM. if I miss it is there anyway in Paris by the Monyparnesse station, that you know of, just in case?:)

Yolanda,
It is my understanding that you arrive by plane at CDG/Paris on May 27. Click here to see the SNCF schedule of TGV trains from Paris Montparnasse to Bayonne on that date.
To continue from Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port click here to see the TER ligne 62 train/bus schedule.

You might consider the 12:23 TGV arriving at Bayonne 17:32 and then the 18:06 TER train/bus combo from Bayonne arriving SJPdP at 19:24.

Bon voyage and Buen camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Hi Mark Lee, I have a concern, my plain also arrives to Paris airport at 09:30AM, I'm planing to take the taxi to Montparnesse and hopefully catch a fast train to Bordeaux, from there train or bus to SJPDP. Problem is if I arrive at 09:30AM would it be enough time for me to take the train? do you know their schedule? I was under the impression that it leaves the station at 11:40 AM. if I miss it is there anyway in Paris by the Monyparnesse station, that you know of, just in case?:)

Its 25 km from CDG to Montparnasse, an expensive ride by taxi.

Take RER B train to St Michel (or Gare du Nord) and transfer to the Metro. Take the line 4 Metro to Montparnasse. Then board the TGV train originating from Montparnasse to Bayonne.

Else take the Air France shuttle bus.

Either option takes about an hour. Given 0930 arrival you should have no trouble getting to Montparnasse in time to catch 1223 TGV to Bayonne.

CDG and Orly:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/

Paris Transit Network
http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php?lang=uk

Paris RER/Metro route planner - SNCF Transilien
http://www.transilien.com/itineraire/rechercheitineraire/init

Air France Shuttle Bus with service from CDG to Orly airport (#3) and to Gare Montparnasse (#4)
http://en.lescarsairfrance.com/

I took the train to SJPdP from the CDG airport train station, so I have no experience from the Montparnesse station, but I see others on here have provided that information. :)

I took the train to SJPdP from the CDG airport train station, so I have no experience from the Montparnesse station, but I see others on here have provided that information. :)
Hi, Mark,

that's almost completely off topic, but a friend of mine is planning to go to New Orleans in September and is looking at different airplane options. Did you return to USA from Paris? How much did you pay both to & from EU if you remember that?
Thank you ;)

Hi, Mark,

that's almost completely off topic, but a friend of mine is planning to go to New Orleans in September and is looking at different airplane options. Did you return to USA from Paris? How much did you pay both to & from EU if you remember that?
Thank you ;)
No, I didn't go back to the US after my first Camino. I had just finished a contract working overseas and flew to and from Paris from Dubai.
My only experience flying to and from from the US to the EU was on my second Camino when I flew from New Orleans to Madrid and back, both with layovers in Miami.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Mark,

Thank you ;)
Hi KinkyOne I Just bought my ticket from FL. USA to Paris CDG direct flight , returning from Santiago with one stop in Madrid for one hour then to USA $1600 +.

Hi KinkyOne I Just bought my ticket from FL. USA to Paris CDG direct flight , returning from Santiago with one stop in Madrid for one hour then to USA $1600 +.
Thanks for that info. I guess the cost depends on a certain day, because my friend told me the cheapest so far was around 1350 USD.

Thanks for that info. I guess the cost depends on a certain day, because my friend told me the cheapest so far was around 1350 USD.
I'm traveling direct to Paris. At list you can compare.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola Yolanda - from CDG airport you may want to consider transfer to Orly airport (via AirFrance shuttle) and then take a flight from Orly to Bayonne/Biarritz. The flight leaves Orly around 11:30 a.m. And cost me about $125 Euros. You would arrive into Biarritz at approximately 12:30 p.m. Once there, you could take a taxi/shuttle or train to SJPDP. I found this route is saving me about 3 1/2 hours verse a trAin from Paris.

Burn Camino

Phillip

Hola Yolanda - from CDG airport you may want to consider transfer to Orly airport (via AirFrance shuttle) and then take a flight from Orly to Bayonne/Biarritz. The flight leaves Orly around 11:30 a.m. And cost me about $125 Euros. You would arrive into Biarritz at approximately 12:30 p.m. Once there, you could take a taxi/shuttle or train to SJPDP. I found this route is saving me about 3 1/2 hours verse a trAin from Paris.

Burn Camino

Phillip

Allow 4 - 5 hours from CDG arrival to Orly departure.

I know it's after the fact for you, but I had a close call changing trains to SJPdP from Paris. Neither I nor the locals could make out the track number on my ticket. I made the train but by less than a minute. The train attendants seemed nonplussed by the sight of a person with a huge backpack rocking back and forth on her back, as that person (uh, that would be me) races to the train preparing to leave for the mountains.
LOL!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I know it's after the fact for you, but I had a close call changing trains to SJPdP from Paris. Neither I nor the locals could make out the track number on my ticket. I made the train but by less than a minute. The train attendants seemed nonplussed by the sight of a person with a huge backpack rocking back and forth on her back, as that person (uh, that would be me) races to the train preparing to leave for the mountains.
LOL!!
Hi. We booked train ND have a 10 min transfer time in Bondeaux is that enough time.Thanks

Hi. We booked train ND have a 10 min transfer time in Bondeaux is that enough time.Thanks

Here is bonjour la france map showing Bordeaux station.
http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/france-trains/stations/bordeaux-train-station.htm

Note the tracks on the diagram. The tracks are interconnected by an underground tunnel. When you get off the train in Bordeaux look for the information board. It will have your train number, termination destination, and platform number. It should take much less than 10 minutes to get from your arriving train to your departing train.

Note that trains may terminate in Irun, Hendaye, Dax or Pau. If its Dax or Pau then you have another transfer in Dax.

Here is SNCF information including virtual tour.
http://www.gares-en-mouvement.com/fr/frboj/accueil/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Bobby, I think it SHOULD be enough time, actually. I think my experience was simply the Camino telling me that the adventures were starting. :rolleyes:
Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
KinkyOne, it depends a lot on the airport you're going to--FL is a big state. For me, I was able to get a one-way ticket to Paris from Orlando (MCO) on Norwegian for $304 and return on Icelandair for $337, but that's in Sept/Nov. Traveling earlier in the season is just plain expensive, no matter which airport.

EDIT and for those super budget fares, it's totally not true that an open jaw is about the same price, at least in my experience.

If your train is on time there is no problem, in Bordeaux the trains are an easy connections at the station, it is not that large just figure our which voie your departure is and get there post haste. Lots of tv monitors and large train screen at the station.. What is train ND?

If your train is on time there is no problem, in Bordeaux the trains are an easy connections at the station, it is not that large just figure our which voie your departure is and get there post haste. Lots of tv monitors and large train screen at the station.. What is train ND?
SORRY,typing error, using a tablet and sometimes it has its own mind. Was suppose to say train from CDG to Bayonne.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/france-trains/stations/bordeaux-train-station.htm

Note the tracks on the diagram. The tracks are interconnected by an underground tunnel. When you get off the train in Bordeaux look for the information board. It will have your train number, termination destination, and platform number. It should take much less than 10 minutes to get from your arriving train to your departing train.

Note that trains may terminate in Irun, Hendaye, Dax or Pau. If its Dax or Pau then you have another transfer in Dax.

Just a question, in reviewing the train information my understanding is that we have to purchase prior to traveling, do we have to purchase beforehand?

Just a question, in reviewing the train information my understanding is that we have to purchase prior to traveling, do we have to purchase beforehand?
Hi,
I purchased my ticket in advance and got a discount. You can even choose your seat.
If you want to purchase online you can print your ticket or choose to pick it up from the train station in Paris. Be sure to bring the same Credit/Debit card used to book the ticket, though. More information at sncf website.

Last edited:

You must have a ticket and a reservation prior to boarding SNCF TGV and Intercites trains. You can purchase the ticket and make the reservation at the station just prior to boarding.

The advantage of purchasing and reserving in advance of travel is the price is often lower and you won't risk getting stuck in a line up. The disadvantage is the difficulty in getting a refund should you miss your train such as when your plane arrives late.

You must purchase a ticket prior to boarding an SNCF TER train or bus. You cannot make a reservation for TER trains and buses. Sometimes its standing room only. The TER ticket is not for a specific train and is good for several weeks.

Note that a ticket from Paris to SJPdP will be a mix of TGV and TER trains.

Renfe trains in Spain are different from SNCF trains in France in that you can purchase a ticket on the train, however you must pay in cash (effectivo) and there is a fine in cases where you could have reasonably gotten a ticket at the station.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm heading into Paris for a few days before heading south, might stay in Bayonne for a night before training it to SJPdP. Would people recommend train from Paris over flying ?

I'm heading into Paris for a few days before heading south, might stay in Bayonne for a night before training it to SJPdP. Would people recommend train from Paris over flying ?
I enjoyed it, having never rode a train across France before and I took the one that departed from the station at CDG airport, so it was fairly user friendly. I've heard the flights can be cheaper, so if a matter of finances, flying to Bayonne (actually Biarritz) may be a more viable alternative.
cheers

The factors to consider are schedule, cost, and personal preference.

For instance the flight is shorter and might be cheaper but it might arrive too late to catch the last bus from Bayonne to SJPdP (the tracks being washed out).

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I enjoyed it, having never rode a train across France before and I took the one that departed from the station at CDG airport, so it was fairly user friendly. I've heard the flights can be cheaper, so if a matter of finances, flying to Bayonne (actually Biarritz) may be a more viable alternative.
cheers
Thanks Mark. I spent three months travelling around Italy last year and actually found the train journeys rather restful and therapeutic - might have to train it across France as well. Bayonne a nice spot to stay for night or two ? Or should i make my way to SJPdP ASAP ?

Thanks Mark. I spent three months travelling around Italy last year and actually found the train journeys rather restful and therapeutic - might have to train it across France as well. Bayonne a nice spot to stay for night or two ? Or should i make my way to SJPdP ASAP ?
I didn't stay overnight in Bayonne, but I have heard it is nice. It looked nice from what I saw and Biarritz is very close by. Might be worth a day or two if you have time. SJPdP is a quaint little town too. A nice place to spend the day as well before you start your Camino walk.
cheers

Tr
I didn't stay overnight in Bayonne, but I have heard it is nice. It looked nice from what I saw and Biarritz is very close by. Might be worth a day or two if you have time. SJPdP is a quaint little town too. A nice place to spend the day as well before you start your Camino walk.
cheers
Train ticket and hotel in Bayonne booked. Too easy. Thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've read the tracks have been washed out.. Does the bus to SJPP leave from the train station? Is there a schedule somewhere? Easy to find?

I've read the tracks have been washed out.. Does the bus to SJPP leave from the train station? Is there a schedule somewhere? Easy to find?
Click this LINK for the current TER line 62 schedule for the bus replacing the train. The bus leaves from the Bayonne rr station/ Gare SNCF. You purchase your ticket in the train station.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

€149,-
We are planning to land in Paris September 28, and travel through Bayonne to SJpDP - should we expect to take a bus tto SJpDP in September? MSPATH's link above is not working.

We are planning to land in Paris September 28, and travel through Bayonne to SJpDP - should we expect to take a bus tto SJpDP in September? MSPATH's link above is not working.

At this time the schedule indicates TER train from Bayonne to Cambo les Bains where you transfer to an SNCF operated bus (called CAR) to SJPdP.

Check again within 30 days of travel as the schedule is changing often.

Hi everyone,
All the way from Asia here. I'm Filipina and my husband is Canadian. To celebrate our 30 years wedding anniversary we will do the Camino for 30days.
We arrive at 07:40 am, this August 5 at CDG terminal 2. As I was following a thread earlier I understood he suggested CDG2 and Gare Montparnasse taking us to Bordeaux. There might be
a transfer or maybe not to continue towards Irun. This Irun train will stop in Bayonne.
I understand the time available for us to catch will be:
9:02-3:32pm
9:23-4:29pm we're lucky if we catch this one
11:02-5:32pm
Now upon reaching Bayonne, I was starting to find the preferable train schedule for Augst 5.
18:06-19:31
21:10-22:28
Since we have a reservation at a hotel in SJPDP for August 5, I just want to make sure we can catch any of these trains.
However, as I was trying to purchase tickets in advance online it keeps on prompting "no schedules matched your request"???
Should I just leave it as is? Our CDG-Bayonne tickets are not purchased yet because it will depend on how fast we can arrive at the train station.
Does this "prompt" mean there is no longer tickets available for August 5 at any of these schedule?
I would appreciate a reply or more:)

This schedule from SNCF/TER shows transport from Bayonne to SJPdP for August 5 at 18:06 and 21:10. You can always wait to purchase this section of your journey when you are in France since there are no seat reservations on this section.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone,
All the way from Asia here. I'm Filipina and my husband is Canadian. To celebrate our 30 years wedding anniversary we will do the Camino for 30days.
We arrive at 07:40 am, this August 5 at CDG terminal 2. As I was following a thread earlier I understood he suggested CDG2 and Gare Montparnasse taking us to Bordeaux. There might be
a transfer or maybe not to continue towards Irun. This Irun train will stop in Bayonne.
I understand the time available for us to catch will be:
9:02-3:32pm
9:23-4:29pm we're lucky if we catch this one
11:02-5:32pm
Now upon reaching Bayonne, I was starting to find the preferable train schedule for Augst 5.
18:06-19:31
21:10-22:28
Since we have a reservation at a hotel in SJPDP for August 5, I just want to make sure we can catch any of these trains.
However, as I was trying to purchase tickets in advance online it keeps on prompting "no schedules matched your request"???
Should I just leave it as is? Our CDG-Bayonne tickets are not purchased yet because it will depend on how fast we can arrive at the train station.
Does this "prompt" mean there is no longer tickets available for August 5 at any of these schedule?
I would appreciate a reply or more:)

Purchase tickets for TGV or Intercites train from Paris (either CDG or Montparnasse) to Bayonne.

Then purchase TER tickets from Bayonne to SJPdP separately or wait till you get to the station. (either Paris or Bayonne) The SNCF site is quirky in that it doesn't like giving good information or selling tickets for the entire journey Paris to SJPdP.

The price for TGV and Intercites tickets varies as you get closer to date of travel. TER tickets are the same price all the time. The TER train/bus does not require reservations and the ticket for TER services is good for 90 days.

Purchase tickets for TGV or Intercites train from Paris (either CDG or Montparnasse) to Bayonne.

Then purchase TER tickets from Bayonne to SJPdP separately or wait till you get to the station. (either Paris or Bayonne) The SNCF site is quirky in that it doesn't like giving good information or selling tickets for the entire journey Paris to SJPdP.

The price for TGV and Intercites tickets varies as you get closer to date of travel. TER tickets are the same price all the time. The TER train/bus does not require reservations and the ticket for TER services is good for 90 days.
Hi There. Is the schedule the same even on weekends? We'll get into Bayonne on Aug 31 around 4:30 PM so this means we'll catch the 18:06.

Hello:
I'll be arriving at Biarritz Airport on Sunday Sept 13 at about 1 pm. I wanted to take the training from Bayonne to SJPDP but according to all the train schedules I've gone through there appears to be only one train leaving on Sunday afternoon at about 5pm. I stops about halfway and you have to transfer onto a Bus. Does anybody know of a different schedule for the train the goes all the way?

Cheers

John

Unfortunately that train/bus combo is what is available via the SNCF/TER service since some tracks have been washed out for more than a year. Use this link to see their current schedules.

Another solution would be to share a taxi with fellow pilgrims. Be sure to ask the estimated price before you get in a taxi at the station; perhaps Express Bourricot can help.

Last edited:
Hello:
I'll be arriving at Biarritz Airport on Sunday Sept 13 at about 1 pm. I wanted to take the training from Bayonne to SJPDP but according to all the train schedules I've gone through there appears to be only one train leaving on Sunday afternoon at about 5pm. I stops about halfway and you have to transfer onto a Bus. Does anybody know of a different schedule for the train the goes all the way?

Cheers

John

As Margaret pointed out, the tracks are washed out so its train from Bayonne to Cambo les Bains and bus from there to SJPdP.

Right now the schedule for 13 Sept 2015 indicates trains leaving at 1456 (2:56 PM) and 2110. The schedule is changing often (trains being added) so you might want to check again closer to date of travel.

SNCF TER Aquitaine
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

There are no other public transport options. I would suggest Express Bourricot, a private hire taxi, if you can find others to share it. By prearrangement only.

Thanks kindly Whariwarangi. I cannot believe the confusion with the French train schedules. Every schedule search engine comes up with different times and dates. I'm going by what you have provided me .

Cheers

John

Thanks kindly Whariwarangi. I cannot believe the confusion with the French train schedules. Every schedule search engine comes up with different times and dates. I'm going by what you have provided me .

Cheers

John

I am noticing a difference with the schedule for the Bayonne to SJPdP service. Its like as if there is a game being played. The schedule isn't reliable more than a month in advance where it used to be published for a period of several months and the next was identical. The only advice I can offer is to check the service provider site as close to the date of travel as you can manage. The service provider is SNCF TER Aquitaine.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi All,

Fiance and I will be arriving to Paris (CDG) on 8/22 at 1:40 pm so we'll be catching the 4:17 pm train to Bordeaux->Bayonne. Anyone else arriving around this same time? Looks like that train would get us to Bayonne around 10:30 pm. The last TER leaving on the 22nd leaves at 9:10 pm. Worth it to take a taxi (possibly split with other folks) or would you just wait to take the next available TER on the 23rd? Hoping to start walking on the 24th. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Matt

€60,-
Stay the night in Bayonne near the rr station. Hotel Monte Carlo which faces the station is simple and good. Next morning take the early train/bus combo to SJPdP.

This is what I have decided to do. I get into Bayonne early enough to catch a train but after a 26 hour travel day I am more than happy to stop in Bayonne for the night then make my way to SJPdP the next. Still gives me a day to explore SJPdP, relax and recharge for the start of my Camino.

Well I have received some good advice from a Canadian Pilgrim who indicated that I "might" be able to make the 12:28 train at Montparnasse, but there would be no guarentee. So I am also taking the advice from others on this forum and am going to stay the night in Paris, but near the Montparnasse station so grabbing the train the next morning will be a fairly simple task. I've picked a hotel accross the street form the train station. I've book the train to Bayonne and from Bayonne to SJPP and 2 nights accomodation in SJPP to perpare for my Camino. I plan to start walking April 9th (bright and early). Maybe I'll see along the way.
Len,
We are planning to stay in a hotel in the airport complex and take one of the trains from CDG to Bayonne the next morning. Hopefully we will not be so tired the next day. We are not getting into Paris from Seattle until early afternoon so this seems a good plan for us. We probably will need to change trains in Bordeaux. We'll have another night in SJPP to work out more jet lag before beginning the Way. We have friends who flew into CDG this year then flew right away to Biarritz and took a cab to SJPP. They were exhausted, but started walking right away the next day. They did not bring poles nor buy them because they had a tight timeline. They advised us to take more time to adjust and either bring or buy poles.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Len,
We are planning to stay in a hotel in the airport complex and take one of the trains from CDG to Bayonne the next morning. Hopefully we will not be so tired the next day. We are not getting into Paris from Seattle until early afternoon so this seems a good plan for us. We probably will need to change trains in Bordeaux. We'll have another night in SJPP to work out more jet lag before beginning the Way. We have friends who flew into CDG this year then flew right away to Biarritz and took a cab to SJPP. They were exhausted, but started walking right away the next day. They did not bring poles nor buy them because they had a tight timeline. They advised us to take more time to adjust and either bring or buy poles.
Hi sorry could not answered before. I did my Camino on May 2015, It was awesome!, I did book a plane from Paris to Biarritz. I arrived to Paris at 0930, the flight to Biarritz was at 1030, to my surprise I made it on time to catch the plane and made it earlier than what I expected to Saint Jean Pied de Port. However your arrangements are great also, don't forget to enjoy each and every part of your trip. Buen Camino!:)

You may want to check into a Air France from Orly to Bayonne. Inexpensive and you can save a bunch of time. There are shuttles from CDG to Orly. Just a thought...
Hi: Planning Camino for late April 2016 and trying to figure out logistics between Paris and Bayonne...Bayonne and SJPP. Like your idea of shuttle from CDG > Orly and Orly > Bayonne. How long does the shuttle take?

Hi: Planning Camino for late April 2016 and trying to figure out logistics between Paris and Bayonne...Bayonne and SJPP. Like your idea of shuttle from CDG > Orly and Orly > Bayonne. How long does the shuttle take?
If you are really serious about flying thru Paris, there are some very good threads on this site about navigating the logistics from CDG to SJPdP via various means of transportation. But first I would question, why Paris? The Spanish airport like Madrid and Bilbao offer much easier access to the Camino.

€60,-

Last time I checked ... Easy Jet flies Paris CDG to Biarritz. Problem is the schedule usually results in being too late for onward to SJPdP on the same day. Air France flies Orly to Biarritz.

I would allow 5 hours from arrival time at CDG to departure time at Orly. (arrive deplane, customs, baggage, shuttle, check-in, security, and airline requirements that you are there with sufficient time to board)

The Air France shuttle bus takes 1:15 (subject to traffic).

The RER B train (destination B4 Saint Remy les Chevreuse) to station Antony and Orly Val airport shuttle train take 1:30. It runs more frequently than the bus.

CDG and Orly:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/

Paris Transit Network
http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php?lang=uk

Paris RER/Metro route planner - SNCF Transilien
http://www.transilien.com/itineraire/rechercheitineraire/init

Air France Shuttle Bus with service from CDG to Orly airport (#3) and to Gare Montparnasse (#4)
http://en.lescarsairfrance.com/

Did you need to book your train ticket in advance? Would you recommend a hotel? I need to stay as well as I'll arrive in Paris at 7:30pm.

You can always wait to purchase this section of your journey when you are in France since there are no seat reservations on this section.

I'll be arriving in Paris on 30th June - too late to travel further that day. Being peak time do you think I could purchase my train ticket that evening for a early train to Bayonne on 1st July?

You can always wait to purchase this section of your journey when you are in France since there are no seat reservations on this section.

I'll be arriving in Paris on 30th June - too late to travel further that day. Being peak time do you think I could purchase my train ticket that evening for a early train to Bayonne on 1st July?
Last year we booked the train tickets before we left with SNCF and spent the night at hotel Innova and then the next morning walked from the hotel to Gare Montparnasse. You do not have to get off until Bayonne. Have a safe trip

Yes. It just stamps a date and station on it (composter is "to punch", but it does not actually put holes in it), but you do need the ticket. So if you just have paperwork from the internet, you probably need to go to the ticket window with your receipt.
I printed my tickets ( for both Spanish & Italian trains) & then folded it so it fitted the validator, the printing was not real clear but it satisfied the conductor!

We all talked about how to get to the St. Jean before the Camino, however I'd like to have advice how to get back to home (for my case, USA).
We all end up at Santiago 30 to 40 days later once you put your first step from St. Jean. I'm Don from Houston, TX and I'm planning the whole Camino pilgrimage starting around April 10th
and I'll appreciate if anyone advise me the best way to bring me back to USA. I'm retiree and my time is very flexible. Buen Camino !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We all talked about how to get to the St. Jean before the Camino, however I'd like to have advice how to get back to home (for my case, USA).
We all end up at Santiago 30 to 40 days later once you put your first step from St. Jean. I'm Don from Houston, TX and I'm planning the whole Camino pilgrimage starting around April 10th
and I'll appreciate if anyone advise me the best way to bring me back to USA. I'm retiree and my time is very flexible. Buen Camino !

How are you getting to SJPdP? There are too many variables without more details.

A lot of people fly to and from Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona, or Lisboa. Some people get open-jaw tickets that allow you to arrive at one airport and leave from another.

The problem of getting to and from the start and finish of your camino is usually easy; the hard part is finding out where to find the information.

Renfe Train connects to all of Spain and border crossings for Portugal at Vigo where it connects with Portugals railway; CP , and France at Irun/Hendaye where it connects with France's railway; SNCF. There are trains from Barcelona to Paris operated by SNCF too.

Renfe
http://www.renfe.com/

SNCF
http://www.sncf.com/

CP
https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/pt

ALSA bus connects to Madrid, Bilbao, and Irun.
https://www.alsa.es/en

Monbus connects Santiago to Vigo.
http://www.monbus.es/en

Autna connects Vigo to Porto.
http://www.autna.com/en/

Aena Santiago Labacolla Airport. Aena manages all of Spains airports. See their sites for information about destinations and service providers.
http://www.aena.es/en/santiago-airport/index.html

Don:

How to get back home is usually related to how one got there. There are lot's of options.

I would suggest you go on a website like kayak.com and do a search. You can buy a RT ticket from Houston to Madrid, Barcelona, Paris etc. and then travel by train or bus to SJPdP. The approach will vary on your entry point.

My suggestion would be Madrid as I believe that is the easiest point of entry and return.

If you choose Madrid then you take a train or bus to Pamplona. From Pamplona you can take a bus to SJPdP or as some folks do make arrangements with the folks at Corazonpuro.com. they will pick you up at bus or train station, put you up for the night, feed you dinner and breakfast and then drive you to SJPdP the next day.

Going home you can take a bus, train or plane from SJPdP to Madrid.

This is one option. there are others dependent on you point of entry into Europe/

Ultreya,
Joe

€149,-

Roxey:

Have you considered a flight from CDG to Biarritz? It will cut down on other connections and is fast and reasonable. Try the Easyjet website.

Ultreya,
Joe

Hi Don,
Santiago has a nice airport. You can fly to Paris, Madrid, London, etc. and then back home. (I don't know what the situation will be flying to London now and if you will have to go through customs etc. again since the breakaway from the EU.) We flew Vueling to CDG (Paris) and then back home. I did not buy all our tickets together in one lump purchase with the overseas tickets, but purchased my European cut rate flights directly from the airline. If you are flying the cut rate European airlines the rates will be quite reasonable if you book early. Baggage fees are cheaper if you buy when you book. We did that so we could get our walking poles back home.

Janet

Hi Don,
Santiago has a nice airport. You can fly to Paris, Madrid, London, etc. and then back home. (I don't know what the situation will be flying to London now and if you will have to go through customs etc. again since the breakaway from the EU.) We flew Vueling to CDG (Paris) and then back home. I did not buy all our tickets together in one lump purchase with the overseas tickets, but purchased my European cut rate flights directly from the airline. If you are flying the cut rate European airlines the rates will be quite reasonable if you book early. Baggage fees are cheaper if you buy when you book. We did that so we could get our walking poles back home.

Janet
Hi Don,

Janet
Dear Janet and Willhaus. Appreciate your advices so quickly. What about a taking bus from Santiago to Madrid and fly back to USA. In this case you don't have to check a baggage twice and probably save some money too.
I flew to Madrid from Charlotte, North Carolina quite a few years ago and I remember it as quite pleasant experiences. I'll be waiting your reply.
The Easter week is a little late this year (a middle of the month) and does this Easter Holiday create any problems for the lodging?

Dear Janet and Willhaus. Appreciate your advices so quickly. What about a taking bus from Santiago to Madrid and fly back to USA. In this case you don't have to check a baggage twice and probably save some money too.
I flew to Madrid from Charlotte, North Carolina quite a few years ago and I remember it as quite pleasant experiences. I'll be waiting your reply.
The Easter week is a little late this year (a middle of the month) and does this Easter Holiday create any problems for the lodging?

It was very cheap and very quick to fly from Santiago to Paris although I cannot say the flight time to Madrid. Vueling does have extremely limited leg room though.

It was very cheap and very quick to fly from Santiago to Paris although I cannot say the flight time to Madrid. Vueling does have extremely limited leg room though.
To follow your advices, i just booked a flight from Santiago to Paris just under $100 for Optima class for a little more comfort as well as some other benefits and flying time is about 2 hours.
This booking of the Optima class includes one checked bag, so I can bring the hiking sticks home too. Again sincerely appreciate your guide.

You must have a ticket and a reservation prior to boarding SNCF TGV and Intercites trains. You can purchase the ticket and make the reservation at the station just prior to boarding.

The advantage of purchasing and reserving in advance of travel is the price is often lower and you won't risk getting stuck in a line up. The disadvantage is the difficulty in getting a refund should you miss your train such as when your plane arrives late.

You must purchase a ticket prior to boarding an SNCF TER train or bus. You cannot make a reservation for TER trains and buses. Sometimes its standing room only. The TER ticket is not for a specific train and is good for several weeks.

Note that a ticket from Paris to SJPdP will be a mix of TGV and TER trains.

Renfe trains in Spain are different from SNCF trains in France in that you can purchase a ticket on the train, however you must pay in cash (effectivo) and there is a fine in cases where you could have reasonably gotten a ticket at the station.

Hi, there
I think it's going to be same question regarding to the connection to the Bayonne at Bordeaux. I'll be arriving at CDG airport at 7:55 am on April 11th and planning of taking a train
from terminal 2 to Bayonne and beyond (St. Jean). The train schedule to fit for this time table is from the website as follows. TGV leaving CDG2 at 10:16 am and arriving Bordeaux
at 2:34 pm. In Bordeaux, a train, TER leaving at 2:45 pm, arriving Bayonne at 4:31 pm and a ticket price for the entire trip would be "from $90" for the Economy seat. My question
is that a 11 minutes of the transfer time at Bordeaux is enough and how does this timetable sound feasible and doable to get to the St. Jean from Bayonne ( leaving a local train, TER
Bayonne at 6:06 pm) to arrive the final destination, St. Jean Pied de Port at 7:12 pm. Looking forward of hearing from you. Thanks.

Hi, there
I think it's going to be same question regarding to the connection to the Bayonne at Bordeaux. I'll be arriving at CDG airport at 7:55 am on April 11th and planning of taking a train
from terminal 2 to Bayonne and beyond (St. Jean). The train schedule to fit for this time table is from the website as follows. TGV leaving CDG2 at 10:16 am and arriving Bordeaux
at 2:34 pm. In Bordeaux, a train, TER leaving at 2:45 pm, arriving Bayonne at 4:31 pm and a ticket price for the entire trip would be "from $90" for the Economy seat. My question
is that a 11 minutes of the transfer time at Bordeaux is enough and how does this timetable sound feasible and doable to get to the St. Jean from Bayonne ( leaving a local train, TER
Bayonne at 6:06 pm) to arrive the final destination, St. Jean Pied de Port at 7:12 pm. Looking forward of hearing from you. Thanks.

a. Bordeaux St Jean station is not large. See the website. Its a matter of crossing the platform from one train to the other.
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frboj/bordeaux-saint-jean

b. 1631 - 1806 is lots of time. Besides which, the SJPdP train will wait for delayed trains from Paris.

Your biggest worry will be whether you have enough time to get from your plane to the CDG station. I would suggest getting a map of CDG and figuring out how to get around. If your plane arrives on time you should be okay.
http://www.parisaeroport.fr/en

Hello everyone!!

Cheers,

Len

ryanair if you can. I'm going Ottawa/Toronto/Gatwick for $277 and Stansted to Madrid for $60 (CDN). Air is the way to go if you can get it inexpensive and convenient enough.

Hello everyone!!

My Camino plans are now in the finalization stage. I will be travelling from Canada and landing in Paris (CDG) at about 9:30 AM local time on April 6th, 2015. My question is this: Do I have enough time to clear France's customs, grab my backpack, and grab a shuttle (or taxi) from CDG to the Montparnasse train station to catch the 12:28 PM train to Bayonne? I'd like to reserve my train seat in advance but I'm not sure if I'm cutting it to o close or not???

Cheers,

Len
G'day Len
We too are starting our 2nd Camino on or about April 7th from SJPP. In 2014 we took train from CDG to Montparnasse then the fast train to Bayonne, changed to train to SJPP. Got in kind late tho so this time think we will o'nite @ Bayonne so not in such a rush. French customs was very easy...then! Trains easy to access. We're leaving from MTL, we live on HOWE ISLAND in the 1000 Islands near Kingston. Might see you along The Way! cHOWE!

Don't know what I would have done without all the help! We arrive at CDG @9:30 am on May 25, 2017 and will take the Bus to Montparnasse station and purchase our tickets to Bayonne. We have a reservation for the night at Cote Hotel in Bayonne and will leave for SJPP in the morning! I noticed there are a few others with the same thoughts! Looking forward to meeting fellow Pellegrino's at the Hotel or on the Train! It is getting closer, however, had no idea how stressful the train situation was going to be!!!
Buen Camino!

Don't know what I would have done without all the help! We arrive at CDG @9:30 am on May 25, 2017 and will take the Bus to Montparnasse station and purchase our tickets to Bayonne. We have a reservation for the night at Cote Hotel in Bayonne and will leave for SJPP in the morning! I noticed there are a few others with the same thoughts! Looking forward to meeting fellow Pellegrino's at the Hotel or on the Train! It is getting closer, however, had no idea how stressful the train situation was going to be!!!
Buen Camino!

No stress. If you miss the train ... take the next one.

I have done the camino twice and have taken the train from Montparnasse train station both times. Both times I flew into CDG arriving about that time. It was easy both times. Just take the subway from CDG airport to the train station. You will be there way too early and the trains are great. Just buy your train ticket before you arrive.

Buen Camino!

Its not really stressful .... but everything can seem like that the first time .... some years ago I downloaded the app on iPhone called Trainline EU .... I can look up any train in Europe get timetable and if I wish book ticket .... its a great and easy app to use ... have always found it helpful.

There is a bus from Charles de gaulle that goes directly to major train stations in Paris ... I found it very easy.

Ultreia

There is a bus from Charles de gaulle that goes directly to major train stations in Paris ... I found it very easy.

Ultreia

The new name of the Paris airport autobus coach is Le Bus Direct; see more in English here--
http://www.lebusdirect.com/en/

You can buy your ticket on line if you wish.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back