• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris to Le Puy May 23?

• Thread starter Deleted member 78731
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 78731

OK, anyone trying to get from Paris CDG to Le Puy May 23? That day and the 24th are both SNCF strike days, darn. I bought a TGV ticket long ago and will try to get a refund, but I'm really more focused on getting to Le Puy as soon as I can. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone looking to rent a car?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
OK, anyone trying to get from Paris CDG to Le Puy May 23? That day and the 24th are both SNCF strike days, darn. I bought a TGV ticket long ago and will try to get a refund, but I'm really more focused on getting to Le Puy as soon as I can. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone looking to rent a car?
Hi Laurie,Check out Rome2rio web site for all the options to get to Le Puy.Blabla car,the car sharing web site has availability on 23/5 to Lyon.Then Lyon to Le Puy by bus.

I love this option - had not checked out Rome2Rio yet. It does look like there is only one bus to Le Puy from Lyon in the afternoon unless I am really missing something.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Never mind, friends, I found a more complete bus schedule, I do believe. Thanks, Mournes for the assistance.

Wrong again, that was the train schedule. Now looking at a late bus out of Lyon, would have to stay overnight in Saint-Etienne, looks like. But, I always listen to your collective tips. Mournes, thoughts?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, and thanks. I have a message in to one of the drivers and hope to hear back soon. No BlaBla options for Lyon to Le Puy yet, but I'm hopeful. The bus schedule doesn't match very well, it seems.

We leave for France from Australia tomorrow, have a flight from Paris to Lyon on thursday, rest day in Lyon then to Le Puy on saturday. Both friday and saturday (18th and 19th ) are planned strike days so we are hoping the train to Le Puy will still be running or at least a bus. We will just see what's happening when we get to Lyon. Hoping it will all work out as we have accommodation booked thru to Conques due to the Transhumance happening on the long weekend.

Yes, and thanks. I have a message in to one of the drivers and hope to hear back soon. No BlaBla options for Lyon to Le Puy yet, but I'm hopeful. The bus schedule doesn't match very well, it seems.
When I checked there w
There were postings on Blabla car yesterday for Lyon to Le Puy on 23/5 but they were for earlier in the day..I think you are being over optimistic about Paris direct to Le Puy.Le Puy is a town and a very beautiful town.If I were you I would keep checking Blabla for Lyon - Le Puy and you might get lucky.Bonne Chance et Bon Chemin.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Looks like I am in the same situation. I fly into Lyon on the 21 Jun and was to travel to Ley Puy on the 22 Jun which it turns out is scheduled strike day! so will research the links given.

Has anyone travelled Lyon to Le Puy on a train strike day? If so what are the options?

Bon Courage!!

The options have already been discussed on the previous postings.Rome2rio website has links to flights and busses.Blabla car web site has options as discussed above.

Rome2rio is good but it does not cover train strike days!! I am in the same situation for Leon to Le Puy on the 22June which is a train strike day. No Blabla car availability posted on those days nor can I find a bus that will not also be affected by the strike. Would very much like to hear from anyone who has traveled from Leon to Le Puy on a train strike day. Did you manage it and how?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We leave for France from Australia tomorrow, have a flight from Paris to Lyon on thursday, rest day in Lyon then to Le Puy on saturday. Both friday and saturday (18th and 19th ) are planned strike days so we are hoping the train to Le Puy will still be running or at least a bus. We will just see what's happening when we get to Lyon. Hoping it will all work out as we have accommodation booked thru to Conques due to the Transhumance happening on the long weekend.
Hope you can post back here and advise how it went. I will be there on the 22 Jun, also a train strike day.

Hope you can post back here and advise how it went. I will be there on the 22 Jun, also a train strike day.
So we made it to Le Puy without too much trouble on a strike day. We caught the train to St Etienne then a bus to Le Puy. At the sncf information desk we were told that there would be a limited service instead of the usual schedule. Only one train to St Etienne was running in the morning, at 0824 from Gare Part Dieu. The bus left St Etienne at 0930 and got into Le Puy at 1155. We were able to book and pay for our train the evening before when the schedule for the strike the next day was released. They weren't able to book our tickets for the bus(run by sncf) altho they usually can, maybe it was a glitch in the system. We bought the bus tickets once we got to St Etienne. Hope this helps. Everyone was very helpful. Buen Camino/Bon Chemin

So we made it to Le Puy without too much trouble on a strike day. We caught the train to St Etienne then a bus to Le Puy. At the sncf information desk we were told that there would be a limited service instead of the usual schedule. Only one train to St Etienne was running in the morning, at 0824 from Gare Part Dieu. The bus left St Etienne at 0930 and got into Le Puy at 1155. We were able to book and pay for our train the evening before when the schedule for the strike the next day was released. They weren't able to book our tickets for the bus(run by sncf) altho they usually can, maybe it was a glitch in the system. We bought the bus tickets once we got to St Etienne. Hope this helps. Everyone was very helpful. Buen Camino/Bon Chemin
Thank you!! Perfect! I can get to Lyon the day before although to late to get to Le Puy so will change my plans to do that and O/N Lyon on the 21st. I will then see what I can organise after 5pm or early on the 22nd. Bon Chemin.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have used the BlaBla carpooling system in my reservations (3x from Paris to Le Puy) but don't leave until May 23 so can't say yet how the whole thing works. Fingers crossed!

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back