• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris to Seville

marji

Time of past OR future Camino
yes
Hi all,
I have never walked this route and am now considering this as option for this coming May. Soon!
I arrive in CDG 6 p.m. on a Sunday and am wondering the best way to make my way to Seville (hopefully without paying high accommodation prices in Paris).
Is there a bus? or train?
I am also looking into flight but prices seem very very high
Thank you kindly in advance

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
well, I did some research and it seems the prices are really high for all three "methods" of travel.
Looks a wonderful Camino. But there is always a next time ...and "next time" I shall fly into Madrid!
Buen Camino

skyscanner.net will show the cheapest airfares and Vueling usually has seats available for around €60 if you buy in advance, otherwise you'll need to travel overland which I have done twice from Paris and the cost is about €120 depending on your ticket from Paris to Hendaye but it should breakdown something like this:
Paris Hendaye €80 (Though you could pay as much as €120)
Hendaye San Sebastian €1.70
San Sebastian Madrid (or Pamplona) €34 with Alsa bus company (or to Pamplona just €7 then €21 to Madrid)
Madrid Seville €21 + €1.70 for the metro because you have to change bus stations

All in all not so bad.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Back in about 2006, I took a train from Paris to Seville - a high speed train.
It was a wonderful trip!

Watch out for pickpockets in both cities! Especially Paris around the Louvre.
They're out en force.

Agreed, that is not so bad hotelmedics-esp. the Vueling flight cost. Thanks for the info. I would love to do this Camino and actually I like intense heat. Not sure I have "time" for the overland route.
You would think pick-pockets would prefer those in a fancy coat rather than a raggedy fleece-well mine is well worn...

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back