• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris to St. Jean

3rkp

Hi everyone. I'm flying from Toronto to Paris in three weeks, and plan to start the Camino in St. Jean a few days later. Any ideas on the best way to get from Paris to St. Jean? I assume it will involve a taxi at some point, but what might be the nearest train station?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
High-speed train south to Bayonne or Biarritz. http://www.sncf.com
Train from Biarritz (via Bayonne) to St. Jean Pied de Port ± 1hr50 mins.
No taxi required!!
Buen camino.

I will try to get my answers in this topic then.

We need some help with trains.
Landing on CDG 18august at 11.55 am. We would love to get to St. Jean the same day in the evening. I know, there is few options allowing that, but train changes are a bit tight- that's why I need some advice.

The best option we have found so far is 13.37 train to Bayonne (13.37- 19.48) then change to 19.58 to St. Jean. Help me!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It could be faster for you to fly from Orly to Biarritz and get a train to St Jean from there.
Dep: 14:55 Paris, Orly (ORY) Arr: 16:10 Biarritz (BIQ) - France 01h15mn £ 43

If you choose to go by train, the TGV leaves CDG at 13h37 and arrives in Bayonne at 19h48 Costs From £53.50
PARIS CDG AIRPORT(AEROPORT CDG 2TGV) TO BAYONNE -
LEAVING ON Monday 18/08/08 - JOURNEY TIME 6h,11m
Departure AEROPORT CDG 2TGV - 13:37
Arrival BAYONNE - 19:48
Train TGV Interconnexion

From Bayonne you can get a bus to St Jean. The last bus to St Jean leaves at 21h06 and gets to St Jean at 22h18

Bus timetable to St Jean here:
http://www2.ter-sncf.com/Images/Bayonne ... -21351.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks Sil! Now we know almost everything. 99% chance that we will go for a train (enviromental freaks).
I don't think, that a bus ticket to st.Jean is online bookable- is it?
Thanks. Kuba.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Kuba - this is a bus timetable.
You leave tomorrow! Happy, happy camino! Please stay in touch and let us know how it goes for you.
Hugs,

Thanks Sil.

I have just received a message from Tim (http://www.errecaldia.com) and he's saying that 21.06 from Bayonne is a TRAIN. I guess, we will have to wait till tomorrow evening to be absolutelly sure:))
I will try to ask about it on the train from Paris (just hope that someone will speak english).

And we are so excited and happy for that journey. We are both packed under 10kgs (incl.1ltr of water), so it's all good. I will let you know when we get there.
Buen camino to us and hasta luego to you guys;)))
Kuba.

Buen Camino Kuba.
Yes, there is a train at the same time as the bus.
Take it easy the first few days. Tread softly, drink it all in, be kind to all you meet.
Abrazos,

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Kuba
21h06 is a train from Bayonne, but #4 explain"beginning 25 august"
so: the last train from Bayonne is 19h58 to SJPP 21h11. That means 10 minutes for the Bayonne
connection. Why not...?

Oupss. This one can be tricky.
I hope it will work out well.

See you there!
Kuba.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back