• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris to to SJPP - any new information?

jvjourneygirl

Time of past OR future Camino
(2018) Plan is to walk 1/2 this year and the other half next year.
Hi All,
I'm going to be walking in September and am trying to figure out the best way to get to SJPP. Unfortunately my flight arrives 3 minutes after the daily train leaves. I have a friend I can stay with in Paris for the evening, but it seems the train the next day will deliver me to SJPP pretty late. I've also read that the train was cancelled for a period of time due to work that needed to be done.

Has anyone travelled this way recently? What would you suggest?

Julie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The French rail strike is still in effect as far as I know, but is supposed to end by September.
If you think it may delay your travel down to Saint Jean, maybe just take a flight down to Biarritz/Bayonne and from there take a bus or train to Saint Jean.

Depending on what time your flight arrives, you can take a quick flight from Paris to Biarritz airport, then a shuttle to SJPdP.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The train strike is a very French sort of strike, may or may not be in effect when you come, look for updates here:
https://faq.trainline.eu/article/674-sncf-french-rail-strikes-2018
If in Paris do try and visit both Notre Dame cathedral and Tour Saint Jacques each has a wonderful sello. Don't be put off by the line into the cathedral, approach one of the attendants at the head of the line credencial in hand and you will be shown in.

Depending on what time your flight arrives, you can take a quick flight from Paris to Biarritz airport, then a shuttle to SJPdP.
Hi davebugg do you have contact information for a shuttle from Briarritz to SJPD?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi davebugg do you have contact information for a shuttle from Briarritz to SJPD?

https://www.expressbourricot.com/contact-and-booking/ The price schedule is based on the number of shuttle seats, each seat filled decreases the final cost for each passenger. Express Bouricott will fill the seats on your shuttle as reservations come in, and it is unusual not to have a full shuttle. With a full shuttle, the usual rate per person from Biarritz to SJPdP is about 19 Euro.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back