• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris & Tours Way (Via Turonesis)

SafariGirl

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Vía de la Plata, Primitivo, Norte, Lebaniego & Vadiniense,
Aragonés
Hello Fellow Pilgrims,

I am interested to know if anyone has ever walked the Paris & Tours Way to St Jean Pied de Port, or knows of resources that would be useful in following this Camino?

Many thanks!

Michele :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I started in Paris in 2004, walking 2 Paris Pilgrim itineraries from the CSJ book Paris Pilgrim. Then we took a train to Orleans and walked from there to Roncesvalles.

APOC has an overview:

http://americanpilgrims.com/camino/route_descriptions/route_paris.html

As does the CSJ of UK:

http://www.csj.org.uk/planning-your-pilgrimage/routes-to-santiago/the-routes-today/the-paris-route/

Websites:
http://www.compostelle-tours.org/

http://viaturonensis.pagesperso-orange.fr/

http://verscompostelle.be/index.html

http://www.chemin-compostelle.info/france/paris-tours-pelerinage-compostelle.php

There is a good Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Chemin-de-...ia-Turonensis-126785680685488/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Good luck! As you can see from the map it is flat until you reach the south around Ostobat and then there are the Pyrenean hills and the crossing into Spain.

Attachments

• Altitudes-Via Touronensis.gif
    Altitudes-Via Touronensis.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 21
That's great Sillydoll, thank you so much. Am I right in thinking that you are the author of the Amazon Kindle book about this route? I've just been researching if I can read it on an Apple iPad mini...and am pleased to see I can!

Many thanks again :) xx

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes - I turned my diary into a Kindle book. Much has changed since then and I'm sure there is more support for pilgrims today.

In addition to all the wonderful information regarding the Paris route compiled and written by Sil/Sillydoll check out these earlier Forum threads for more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino in Paris.

Visit the Tour Saint Jacques and perhaps dine nearby at the Auberge de Nicolas Flamel , 51 rue de Monmorency, a restored medieval house in the marais built by and named for a man who donated much of his wealth to help pilgrims.

When on the parvis or place facing Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins while visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy! As an American who has lived 35+ years in France both in Paris and Champagne even after all those years for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Now more than ever may it always be so.

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In addition to all the wonderful information regarding the Paris route compiled and written by Sil/Sillydoll check out these earlier Forum threads for more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino in Paris.

Visit the Tour Saint Jacques and perhaps dine nearby at the Auberge de Nicolas Flamel , 51 rue de Monmorency, a restored medieval house in the marais built by and named for a man who donated much of his wealth to help pilgrims.

When on the parvis or place facing Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins while visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy! As an American who has lived 35+ years in France both in Paris and Champagne even after all those years for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Margaret Meredith
Thank you for that link to Nicolas Flamel. I've just passed it on to my daughter who will be very interested - Cherry

Lots of threads for you to explore in "The Tours route" section of the forum!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Margaret Meredith
Thank you so much for this Margaret. Paris is a city I truly love, so when I come to do this camino these are lovely pointers that I look forward to following...
All the best
Michele

Lots of threads for you to explore in "The Tours route" section of the forum!
Thanks Kanga...I'll take a look..
All the best
Michele

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back