Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Paris train to Hendaye in July

FourSeasons

Year of past OR future Camino
CF Sept/Oct 2013
CF April/May 2016
del Norte (July/August 2019)
Hi all with European train system experience,

Is it important that I purchase my train ticket now from Rail Europe for first week in July? The day I want to get to Irun there is only one cheaper train, the time of departure is the earliest train, which works great for me. All the other trains for that day are at an additional cost of $30.

Should I purchase now? I'd hate for that train to be full on the day of departure, is this a possibility?

If I purchase now, the site talks about shipping, do they ship to US? Is that a good idea? If not, is there another way I can get my ticket after I make the purchase?

Please help, I'm not too familiar with the train system in Europe. Thank you in advance for any advise and answers you may give.

:)👣

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
some and then more. see my signature.
Hi all with European train system experience,

Is it important that I purchase my train ticket now from Rail Europe for first week in July? The day I want to get to Irun there is only one cheaper train, the time of departure is the earliest train, which works great for me. All the other trains for that day are at an additional cost of $30.

Should I purchase now? I'd hate for that train to be full on the day of departure, is this a possibility?

If I purchase now, the site talks about shipping, do they ship to US? Is that a good idea? If not, is there another way I can get my ticket after I make the purchase?

Please help, I'm not too familiar with the train system in Europe. Thank you in advance for any advise and answers you may give.

Hi , I think it is better to book and buy now. It will get only more expensive closer to departure.
Normally the website of the French railways enables you to download the tickets.
https://www.sncf.com/en/passenger-offer/travel-by-train/tgv/tgv-offer

No reason to ship the tickets to the US.

Good luck!!

FourSeasons

CF Sept/Oct 2013
CF April/May 2016
del Norte (July/August 2019)
Hi , I think it is better to book and buy now. It will get only more expensive closer to departure.
Normally the website of the French railways enables you to download the tickets.
https://www.sncf.com/en/passenger-offer/travel-by-train/tgv/tgv-offer

No reason to ship the tickets to the US.

Good luck!!
SabineP, You're the BEST!!

I did it, I purchased my ticket. It was easy using the link you provided and a little cheaper too.

Ahhhhh - I'm so excited!! Getting my ducks in a row!!

Thank you so much!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances