• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Passenger locator form

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tartrazine

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm confused about the locator form I would need to fill in before travelling to Spain. I tried to take a look at what questions it asks but you need a flight number to start filling it in.

Do you need to provide details of where you will be staying throughout, or only for a few days, or is it just a contact number? Can anyone who's filled it shed any light?

Thanks.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You do indeed need a flight number to complete. And you only need to put in the name of the first albergue and check off that you won't be staying there the whole time. It must be completed and sent in 48 hours before departure. You receive a QR code which is asked for when you arrive in Spain if coming into an airport.

You do indeed need a flight number to complete. And you only need to put in the name of the first albergue and check off that you won't be staying there the whole time. It must be completed and sent in 48 hours before departure. You receive a QR code which is asked for when you arrive in Spain if coming into an airport.
If I am recalling correctly, you also need your seat assignment, but if you've gotten your flight, there will be a seat assignment (which you can probably update later).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I believe the seat number is needed in the event of a later positive tested passeneger they would want to know where you were seated in relation to the effected passenger. This was the reasoning provided to me by United Airlines.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Does anyone know if the seat assignment information is required as part of a contact-tracing program?
I don't know whether that is the purpose of the seat number, but it seems logical to me. Air Canada and other Canadian airlines now charge a lot of money to reserve seats; it would cost me maybe a couple of hundred dollars more to reserve seats on planes for my upcomimg trip to Spain, and back. I have put off booking seats, as the previous practice was that I could either book or request a seat when checking in for the flight the day before departure, and I would get one at no cost. I need to get back to Air Canada and ask them what is the current protocol.

Does anyone know if the seat assignment information is required as part of a contact-tracing program?
Ach. If only it was. There’s no cross-border CT in the EC ‘cos the personal and sensitive data transfer is too complicated even within the GDPR regulated environment. If, and I do mean if, your airline gets a later notification that a passenger on flight “x” has subsequently tested positive they’re scarcely in a position to do anything with that information even in relation to flight crew who may well have served on 3 congruent flights. But, a bit like Albergues collecting passport numbers, it’s an activity that provides a sense of control in an uncontrollable environment

I don't know whether that is the purpose of the seat number, but it seems logical to me. Air Canada and other Canadian airlines now charge a lot of money to reserve seats; it would cost me maybe a couple of hundred dollars more to reserve seats on planes for my upcomimg trip to Spain, and back. I have put off booking seats, as the previous practice was that I could either book or request a seat when checking in for the flight the day before departure, and I would get one at no cost. I need to get back to Air Canada and ask them what is the current protocol.
I'm in the same boat as Albertagirl. I'm being cheap (frugal!!) and refusing to pay all sorts of nonsensical fees for a seat assignment. Granted I may get stuck in the middle...but at the moment with my finances...that's the way it is. This could be very interesting. BUT....as it seems the data is changeable....perhaps just putting a seat number and correcting it when you get the actual one is an option.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We are flying Westjet and they have said the seat assignment question is definitely for contact tracing purposes. Canada has been monitoring and contacting anyone found to be seated in areas where a positive case is discovered from the beginning of Covid and continues to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back