• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD passenger locator form

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick & tina

mick & tina
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2019,,,2021,,,2022...2023
We are flying from Dublin to Biarritz on 26th April. Do we need a pessenger locator form.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are flying from Dublin to Biarritz on 26th April. Do we need a pessenger locator form.
I'm Australian, flew via Singapore, spent a night in London before flying to Biarritz a few days ago. I had already filled out and printed a hard copy of this form. I didn't know whether it was needed or not. You just go down rabbit holes researching these things. Anyway no-one asked for it at Biarritz. In fact I was surprised at the ease of travel. Leaving Sydney I was asked to show proof of vaccination and have not been asked for that or anything else since. The guy at Heathrow made a joke because my PPT did not work in the scanner machine, no Covid questions or proof required. Biarritz is small, the guy did ask if I was vaccinated but did not ask me to show proof, though I had it hand in readiness. Only if they knew the number of times/hours I spent researching Covid rules/requirements and the worry it caused. I was pleased it was so easy, just wish I knew beforehand. Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm Australian, flew via Singapore, spent a night in London before flying to Biarritz a few days ago. I had already filled out and printed a hard copy of this form. I didn't know whether it was needed or not. You just go down rabbit holes researching these things. Anyway no-one asked for it at Biarritz. In fact I was surprised at the ease of travel. Leaving Sydney I was asked to show proof of vaccination and have not been asked for that or anything else since. The guy at Heathrow made a joke because my PPT did not work in the scanner machine, no Covid questions or proof required. Biarritz is small, the guy did ask if I was vaccinated but did not ask me to show proof, though I had it hand in readiness. Only if they knew the number of times/hours I spent researching Covid rules/requirements and the worry it caused. I was pleased it was so easy, just wish I knew beforehand. Buen Camino
Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. ( Paraphrasing a film character?)

We departed Washington Dulles Airport direct to Lisbon on TAP on 15 April, and yes, upon ticketing check-in they did ask to see a completed PT Locator form. we had both a printed and digital copy on hand, and were able to complete the form the day before our departure.

The LPF form anyway when traveling to Portugal as I recently did , is an online form that declares when you traveled, where to and where you sit In the airplane.
If there should be an outbreak of covid and it points to an infection in a group which was in this airplane, they know who you are.
The authorities easily find it in their computer system. It has no use to take a hard copy with you. (edited) @Kathar1na mentioned that once online registered, you get an email from the authorities that you can print out as your hard copy. I forgot about that 🤭
By the way back to Amsterdam nobody asked nothing about digital nor printed copies .
what a difference between Spain and Portugal
Here in the Netherlands nobody cares about masks or keeping distance in public transport .

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As far as I am concerned there isn’t even a possiblity to make a printcopy of the form others than a printscreen.
Edited to add: As of 22 April 2022, Portugal no longer requires a Passenger Locator Form to be filled in.

Since we've discussed this recently in another thread and I still have a Portuguese passenger locator form on my computer, I can confirm that it is emailed as a pdf file and it can be printed easily.

I myself make use of digital copies whenever I can. When it comes to travelling and flying and being allowed to board or to enter a country, I use my digital copies for boarding card or other mandatory documents but I always have printed hard copies with me, too. ☺️

Last edited:
The question is about Biarritz and France, actually. @Tincatinker has already provided a useful link. Usually, your carrier (airplane, ferry, or train operator) ought to provide you with the necessary information and in my own and my family's experience (trips to France by Eurostar and DFDS in recent months) they do! And whether others got checked before departure or at the border or not, just fill in the form. It is easy to do and takes only a few minutes.

Since we've discussed this recently in another thread and I still have a Portuguese passenger locator form on my computer, I can confirm that it is emailed as a pdf file and it can be printed easily.

I myself make use of digital copies whenever I can. When it comes to travelling and flying and being allowed to board or to enter a country, I use my digital copies for boarding card or other mandatory documents but I always have printed hard copies with me, too. ☺️
Okay. I obviously forgot about that email they sent. Anyway and I agree with everybody in this post . Nobody asked me about anything. No digital vaccination pass on my phone accept during checking in in Amsterdam airport. Not at the train in Portugal nor in the bus back from Santiago to Porto.

making copies is a good thing. I even have digital copies on an usb stick with me.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
No digital vaccination pass on my phone accept during checking in in Amsterdam airport.
I recently travelled to France, though not to Biarritz. While I had to show my digital vaccination passport only before departure and not at the French border, I had the opportunity to see that those who were not in my lane but in the other two lanes had to show theirs and they were scanned by French border agents.

It's no big deal whether you get checked or not. People have their vaccination passports with them anyway when they travel. Same with the PLF. Just apply for the thing and store it somewhere. If you have to show it, you can show it. If nobody wants to see it, there's not any harm done.

It's no big deal whether you get checked or not. People have their vaccination passports with them anyway when they travel. Same with the PLF. Just apply for the thing and store it somewhere. If you have to show it, you can show it. If nobody wants to see it, there's not any harm done.
Agree, simple to fill in advance, then you can forget about it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello, I am flying in on the 25th, just returned from Carcassonne, at security I was only asked for my password and COVID cert.
When I flew out of London it was just my covid passport they wanted to see at check in.
When I got to Biarritz just handed over my passport and walked through ...

Reactions: DBC
And as of today, 22 April 2022, Portugal no longer requires that passengers on flights to Portugal fill in a Passenger Locator Form.

visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal​
Measures Implemented in Portugal
[Updated on 22 april]
The law that required filling in the Passenger Locator Form on all flights to Portugal has been revoked, so it is no longer necessary to present it at the time of boarding.
Summary:
You need to present what your airline requires you to present at the time when you board.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. ( Paraphrasing a film character?)
Basic question here. How do you find the form. I keep getting deeper into websites that don't a a link tthe form. Does the airline you're flying provide the link (British Air for us). Need the hyperlink if the airline does not oush the information out. Thanks for any help.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The form is no longer necessary, so your airline will not provide a link nor will the government. In short, cross it off your TO DO list 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back