• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Passport from the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
I had an inquiry via another contact, about ordering a pilgrim passport from the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome. The person ordered a passport using PayPal back on June 15 and has received it in the mail. Furthermore emails to the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome bounced. Below is their email explaining the situation....

"I am getting ready for a trek from Florence to the Vatican, and you advised me that I could get a pilgrim passport and membership with the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome. So I ordered it using PayPal. That was on June 15 and I have not heard from them in any form.
I just tried to email them at info@pilgrimstorome@org.uk, and also at treasurer@prilgrimstorome.org.uk, to find out what the status of the order is, and both of them bounced back immediately."

Does anybody know who else they could contact at the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome they should contact to follow up?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I had the same experience...I did get credentials ...but not from them.
I will check the details and post later.

I think William is one of the founders of Pilgrims to Rome and may be able to sort this out.

I ordered them from viefrancigene.org
They came from SloWays and the "Francigena shop"

The costs were 9 euro for 3 credentials....and 22 euro for shipping:eek:. Expensive..but I could not find them anywhere else and have not heard that they are available in Florence.

My next problem is trying to figure out how to send some after camino clothes to Rome. I miss sending them to Ivar in a very simple reliable manner.

We arrive Florence on 27 September.

Ed

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ouch that is very expensive. :(

I guess this is why we simply made our own ;)

@JohnnieWalker made his own....and I should have done ...but not too clever.

These credentials are not really something I like as they are very commercial in my thinking. I really would like to find something different..but at least have these now.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you have more trouble with the CPR please PM me with your e-mail address and I will sort it out. I resigned from the Steering Group at the beginning of the year and gave up doing the membership job at the same time.

If you have more trouble with the CPR please PM me with your e-mail address and I will sort it out. I resigned from the Steering Group at the beginning of the year and gave up doing the membership job at the same time.

I have passed on your suggestion to this other person, so hopefully they contact you directly via a PM. Thanks

I had an inquiry via another contact, about ordering a pilgrim passport from the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome. The person ordered a passport using PayPal back on June 15 and has received it in the mail. Furthermore emails to the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome bounced. Below is their email explaining the situation....

"I am getting ready for a trek from Florence to the Vatican, and you advised me that I could get a pilgrim passport and membership with the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome. So I ordered it using PayPal. That was on June 15 and I have not heard from them in any form.
I just tried to email them at info@pilgrimstorome@org.uk, and also at treasurer@prilgrimstorome.org.uk, to find out what the status of the order is, and both of them bounced back immediately."

Does anybody know who else they could contact at the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome they should contact to follow up?
There is a new secretary (well, last March). The email address for both pilgrimstoromesecretary@yahoo.com.
Other people have had this problem, too. I think the website is being revamped, but that's no excuse. if that email address doesn't work go to the Facebook Via Francigena group page, which is administered by Jonas Ewe, a member of the CPR, and he will help you. It's worth joining that group for info and support. Otherwise go to the AIVF website. You can get a passport there (but it will cost, I think).
NB in the second @ddress you quote there is an error "prilgrims", which might account for the problem.
Hope this helps.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are starting from Canterbury, you can get them from the office opposite the main door to the cathedral for £2.00. Well you could in 2014. Not enough space for the stamps you will accumulate if you are going all the way to Rome though. I wish I had bought two as I cant make out half the stamps on the reverse side.

Thanks everybody for your assistance.

I have forward the link to this thread, and other relevant information to the person.

Hopefully there is a happy and quick resolution

Yes, passports for via francigena still available at information booth across from entrance to cathedral as of first of June. It is past the entrance booth but when I explained what I wanted there was no problem. The cathedral however is so beautiful and so rich in history it's well worth the small admission fee.
Re Sloways. I ordered a book and passport from them. Got the book, no passport. Emailed them again, finally got the passport but it was torn. Emailed them again requesting replacement. No response of any kind 2 1/2 months later.
I walked the British part of the VF. Very nice, even considering about 2-3 miles out of Dover I slid down a muddy bank into about 2 feet of quite cold water, just down hill from a pasture full of cows and their "by-products" (and we all know what flows downhill) but have survived!
Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back