• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Passport is Full!

Bob Hummel

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2017
Hello All!
I'm not even half way through the Camino Frances and my Passport is already filling up. I know I will run out of squares before the end.
I have a second passport, of a different style. Can I simply continue on the second one when the first one is full?
Also, at what point do I need to start getting two per day?
Thanks!
Bob

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Bob

You can start using the spare credential that you have, I did that on my camino and when I got to SDC I just presented both at the pilgrims office, they then stamped with of them.

You will need to get two stamps per day from Sarria, some people will say that if you've walked from way East of sari then it won't be needed,my philosophy is "just follow the rules and you can't go wrong". It really isn't any bother getting two stamps, a lot of places just leave it on the bar for you to help yourself.
Have a happy remaining journey.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Someone needs to print a passport that has room for 100 stamps or so. Have hit the same problem.

IVAR!!!???

Hello All!
I'm not even half way through the Camino Frances and my Passport is already filling up. I know I will run out of squares before the end.
I have a second passport, of a different style. Can I simply continue on the second one when the first one is full?
Thanks!
Bob

Four of us trekked from SJJP to Santiago and we each did not fill up even one Passport. You do not need to seek out multiple stamps in each town, we just got the one from each alburgues or monastery we stayed in and from a few churches where we attended services for Pilgrims. Our Compestella's are framed and hanging in our home office.

Four of us trekked from SJJP to Santiago and we each did not fill up even one Passport. You do not need to seek out multiple stamps in each town, we just got the one from each alburgues or monastery we stayed in and from a few churches where we attended services for Pilgrims. Our Compestella's are framed and hanging in our home office.

You could be very well correct, but the rules say 2 stamps from Sarria if you're on the CF. I know that if you walk the whole distance from SJPDP to SDC you probably would get the compostela, but why take the chance of being rejected for the sake of having a lunchtime stamp added.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello All!
Thanks!
Bob

Yes yes. They only want to see your last 100km for compestella

You could be very well correct, but the rules say 2 stamps from Sarria if you're on the CF. I know that if you walk the whole distance from SJPDP to SDC you probably would get the compostela, but why take the chance of being rejected for the sake of having a lunchtime stamp added.

No probably about it, we (myself,wife,daughter,son-in-law) have our Compostelas . We left from SJJP(Sept.22,2016) and finished in Santiago(November 4,2016) sans broken bones in feet early on. There was not one word mentioned or said to us in regard to having only one stamp/per stay between Sarria and Santiago.

It would be a travesty and insult to those who do the entire Frances carrying heavy backpacks, enduring injury, sickness, bedbug bites, thirst, hunger and pain the entire distance to say they would not receive their Compostela, while those only doing a fraction of the Frances would receive theirs just because they stopped into an extra bar or two and got a stamp, many with their little day packs. You could probably be ferried by a tour van from town to town and because you got two stamps at each you would qualify for a Compostela. Who would know?

I think the wise people in the Compostela Office realizes this when they are handing out Compostelas.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You can get another Credential at Leon if you are only halfway. The two stamps Sarria - SDC has been answered above.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back