A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Passport

Innkeeper

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago plan to walk 2019 or 2020
First off sorry if this is in the wrong place. Having a gap year and really y want to do a Camino. But stuck between 2
Camino Via de la plata.
Or
The French way
So here the question are the passport for a certain route? Or if I buy one could I use it for either?
The other part of the question is once doing a route could I have a few weeks off then carry on with the same passport on the same route?
It just that I am in Astoga and would like to pick up some stuff while here
Thanks

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
Your pilgrims credential is for whatever route you choose, including multiple paths or ones done over years. The only time it “expires” is when you get your compostela in Santiago - they will stamp a final sello in it.

HeidiL

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2004-), Portugués, Madrid, 4/5 Plata, 1/8 Levante, 1/8 Lana, Augusta, hospitalera Grado.
Credenciales are generally for all routes, though some local authorities have made special ones for their routes - I have a special one for Camino Olvidado that I've never used.

It is perfectly fine to use the same credencial for parts of two or more different caminos, or to come back and use the same credencial again much later.

I have a credencial that has been used for short stretches of Via de la Plata in three different years. I like getting a new, dated stamp if I come back to continue walking from the same place I stopped another year.

Stroller

Camino(s) past & future
Norte (2015), Frances (2016)
If you have a year off you have time to walk both with a credential for each. I would suggest the French way first just to "break" yourself in

Innkeeper

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago plan to walk 2019 or 2020
If you have a year off you have time to walk both with a credential for each. I would suggest the French way first just to "break" yourself in
Well we have our passport's. I believe the French way may be the better option for a first Camino. But we have friends who live by Zafra on the Via de la plata route. So is we go this way help would be not far a way.
So will really have to have a sit down and study both routes

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Lucyev Equipment Questions 23
Iriebabel Equipment Questions 17
T Equipment Questions 35
H Equipment Questions 4

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock