• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Passports

Hollyhocks

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 SJPDP To Burgos
2016 Burgos to??
Good morning,
I didn't know what category this should go under...
My husband and I will be continuing our Camino from Burgos on. ( we started from SJPDP and ended in Burgos in summer of 2014)
Can we still use the same pilgrims passport that we used two years ago? Do we need a new one?
Please advise.
Thank you.
Happy Easter!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hollyhocks,

Welcome to the Forum!

In all probability this year you can use the same Pilgrim Passports as you used on your last camino. Did you acquire them originally at the Pilgrim Office in SJPdP? If so they will meet the new April 1, 2016, requirements. See more here.

And I have another question. We are driving to SdC and walking to Muxia. Can we take our 2015 Credential that was stamped in SdC and use it onward to Muxia? (the original credentials were issued in Condom where we live).

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Lazaret,

Bring your 2015 Credencial with you. However in Santiago at the Galicia Tourist office, 30 rua do Vilar, near the cathedral you can pick up a new Credencial for walking to Finisterre and/or Muxia. Be sure to have it stamped as soon as you begin to walk. The Tourist Office also offers a handy free list of all the services, bars, restos, and accommodation along both routes. See their Finisterre/Muxia web here.

Last edited:
I read somewhere, assuming the credentials are still a valid type as noted above, that it's important to ensure you get a stamp where you left off, so in this case another stamp in Burgos. I'm not sure that it needs to be exactly the same place, probably just anywhere in Burgos with the new date to show a resumption of travel.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.