• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

patagonia nine trails shorts

woody66

This is my boy !
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal 2021 Frances Leon/Muxia2023
This sounds like they are what i was looking for!
I have ordered a pair to try and will buy a second pair if OK!

Has anybody used the Patagonia nine trails short on Camino?

They are pricey; but it says they have 3 zip pockets (security),and include antibacterial boxer type liner.
Eliminates using underwear,quick dry, wicking, light weight, 181 grams and have some DWR.

If anyone has worn them could they give some opinions please many thanks
Woody😊

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I haven’t come across those particular shorts - but there is something to consider.

If you wear shorts with an integrated liner you need to be confident that they’ll dry totally overnight, or you need to carry a second pair (or risk the consequences!)

I now tend to use a pair of lightweight running shorts, cut out the integrated liner, and wear them over Lycra shorts. The running shorts stop me from frightening those of a nervous disposition and the Lycra shorts, of which I take a spare pair, are supportive and quick drying.

I can see the attraction of the pockets though.

After several experiments with ExOfficio, REI, Kuhl, Columbia/Mtn Hardware shorts on two caminos and various other treks, I now wear nothing but ExOfficio Bugs Away Zip Leg pants. I only take one color of shorts (2 pair) and only one set of zip on leg pieces (which are interchangeable if the weather gets too chilly in the mornings). As noted by Henry the Dog, lycra liners are extremely light and dry in almost any conditions (except pouring rain), plus they provide some support for my quads and hamstrings.
The ExOff pants are very lightweight and have multiple zippered pockets. Not cheap, but they last for years and the bug repellent coating lasts for a long time as well. Good luck, no matter what you decide works best for you.
One other note -- running shorts/trail shorts often get very sweaty by mid-day, so I put my tiny wallet with cash and credit cards in a waterproof baggie inside one of the zippered pockets. Readily available, but not all yucked up when I need that next cafe con leche and pain au chocolat. :>)
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery

They are pricey; but it says they have 3 zip pockets (security),and include antibacterial boxer type liner.
Eliminates using underwear,quick dry, wicking, light weight, 181 grams and have some DWR.

Woody😊
Sounds unnecessary complicated to me.

Why not get the zip off pants? Saves weight and for the price of one pair of shorts you can get two pairs of pants/shorts. I have bought versions of these pants. I have worn one of my pants for 3 Caminos and the other for 4 Caminos. That is a total of about 4000k/3000K of walking. I would wear them at home but my wife says if I do she will throw them out. She hates them but she also doesn't have much of the Pilgrim spirit :). Trust me I know believe after being married to her the Camino is not for everyone haha.
Here are two from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07559R4R6/?tag=casaivar02-20
This one from REI closeout is one I bought bought 4 caminos ago. I guess they changed and people were not satisfied but I think they have brought back the ones I have based on the reviews. I think haha.

rei-co-op-classic-sahara-convertible-pants-mens

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Woody😊
I used these on the Norte/Primitivo routes a couple years ago. Had two pairs that I alternated daily. Worked great for me!

I wore a pair of Patagonia Quandary shorts on my first camino and I wound up trading them in for a credit towards another pair of Quandary shorts...different color, shorter 8" hem. They suit me great so far hiking in Southern California.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.