• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Path of Miracles

Mananath

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances July 2022
Hi- this afternoon I was wandering the streets of Christchurch NZ and came across a poster advertising the performance of "A Path of Miracles, Joby Talbot's stunning choral depiction of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage." Unfortunately I won't be in town when it happens so I will miss it but am wondering if anyone else has heard this performance before? How was it? Was it evocative of the Camino?
Thanks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
hello from Christchurch NZ! Did you happen to notice when this performance is on? I'm heading off late April to do my first Camino CF & would be interested in seeing this.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
hello from Christchurch NZ! Did you happen to notice when this performance is on? I'm heading off late April to do my first Camino CF & would be interested in seeing this.
CHRISTCHURCH Sunday 26 March 5.00pm Great Hall, The Arts Centre
35nzd

thankyou! it was a amazing performance & so glad i got to hear it before embarking on my journey. An epic journey telling stories & history of CF through choral song. A serendipitous moment.

thankyou! it was a amazing performance & so glad i got to hear it before embarking on my journey. An epic journey telling stories & history of CF through choral song. A serendipitous moment.
Oh Great! So glad you got to experience this! Good luck with your upcoming Camino! Buen Camino!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We first heard local choir Viva Voce sing this work in Auckland in 2016, ahead of walking the Camino del Norte in 2017. Great to see that others noticed the recent Chch performance. We were lucky enough to hear it again in Auckland last week; an inspiration for our upcoming Porto-Santiago camino in September.

It's a 'big sing' for choristers, musically & in scale. For this listener, it's an extraordinary, vibrant, beautiful contemplation of the Camino Frances. From the programme notes: The libretto is 'an inspired blend of passages from the Bible (Acts), the 12th century Codex Calixtinus, the 15th century Miracles of the Camino, several other literary sources, and [librettist Robert Dickinson's] own poetry', in a mix of Latin, Spanish, Basque, French, English & German.

If you enjoy both choral music & stories of the camino, try to attend the exceptional Path of Miracles if it's ever performed somewhere near you. Eultreya esuseya (onwards & upwards), Buen Camino & Ngā mihi nui kia koutou katoa!

Attachments

• Path of Miracles.jpg
    Path of Miracles.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 3
Back