Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Paulo Coelho — The Alchemy of Pilgrimage (August 14, 2014)

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

mspath

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
If after listening to the radio interview with Paulo Coelho you wish to read more of his books while you are on the CF do stop at Viloria de Rioja just east of Belorado. There Acacio and Orietta have created a comfortable refuge for BOTH walkers and cyclists. This features a multilingual library specializing in works by Paulo Coelho. Wifi is also available. The cozy dorm with 10 beds is heated by a wood burning stove. Great showers water you and not the ceiling, walls or your clothes. Tasty meals are donativo.

MM

amorfati1

Veteran Member
2014_Caminho Portuguese (Lisboa to Santiago_4 weeks in May)
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

jimtim

le puy en velay to finisterre, seville to finisterre, arles to santiago
to be honest, Coelho's The Pilgrimage did not resonate with me. if one wants to bring a book to dwell upon i'd suggest his Manuel of the Warrior of Light - its light 150 pages are full of all the joy, doubt, and awe which arises while walking and so lends itself to contemplation.

jayree

When I walked the CF I was amused when in one small town grocery store I saw many books in Spanish but just three books in English ... "The Pilgrimage" by Paulo Coelho, "The Camino" by Shirley MacLaine and "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. I remember just standing there and laughing. I'm sure the owners had no idea what "The Road" is about.

GerryDel

Camino Frances, July 2014
When I walked the CF I was amused when in one small town grocery store I saw many books in Spanish but just three books in English ... "The Pilgrimage" by Paulo Coelho, "The Camino" by Shirley MacLaine and "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. I remember just standing there and laughing. I'm sure the owners had no idea what "The Road" is about.

It's a really bad Camino.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings