A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Paying at the Albergues

Hallo All

First a very Happy New Year to all the fellow pilgrims.

I was watching the TV Galicia on Sat and I heard a report that a couple of companies were shortlisted for running the albergues in Galicia. And the prices are being decided.

Has anybody more information regarding this, I am curious what the prices will be in teh albergues, what additional facilities will be offered.

Thanks in Advance

Staff member
Donating Member
on 5Nov07, Peter Robins wrote: Ever thought you could improve the running of the Xunta's network of albergues? If so, here's your chance. Voz de Galicia reports that the Xunta is putting the management out to tender in November, with the winning bid taking over the running of what is currently 30 albergues when charges are introduced on January 1. (Those currently run by the local municipalities will remain their responsibility.) The contract will include the obligation to clean and disinfect the public spaces thoroughly every 24 hours, and for all mattresses to be thoroughly cleaned at least once a week. (That should go a long way towards improving the bedbug situation.) All albergues will be opened to the public at 13.00 and closed at 22.00. 3 'information offices' will be set up, one in Santiago, one in O Cebreiro, and one in Redondela.
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/santiago/2 ... 281984.htm
I would suggest you follow the link. My research is showing that there's but a minor change in fees at the municipal refugios/albergues. A point that's important to me in that I will walk my Camino in April. Here are the costs as of 2007, across the board: from 3 to 6 Euros. I don't see anything about increased services. That said, anything can change. I will find out first hand in April.

Buen Camino,

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • April

Votes: 58 17.2%
  • May

Votes: 83 24.6%
  • June