• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Payment for swinging the Botefumeiro

jennysa

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2011,2012 2013,2014, 2015 Aragones 2012, 2017 2018 Via Francigena 2016,2017 Primitivo 2018,2019
Please can someone tell me what procedure to follow for a group of pilgrims to pay for swinging the Botefumeiro. The number given on the Pilgrims Office website just rings. I believe it is 300 euros, but we do not know who to contact.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Please can someone tell me what procedure to follow for a group of pilgrims to pay for swinging the Botefumeiro. The number given on the Pilgrims Office website just rings. I believe it is 300 euros, but we do not know who to contact.
My husband and I finished our walk in early May, and we were fortunate enough to see the Botefumeira swing at the Pilgrims Mass at no cost, during the week of our arrival In Santiago de Compostela I believe it was swung at most of the mass at no cost. Loved the journey from SJPDP and can't wait to do it again.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Don't pay just be really, really, lucky. Just back fro today's 1200 Pilgrims' Mass and they swung the botafumeiro. This is my second lucky mass. There was a long announcement in Spanish about who it was for and why, but my Spanish just does stretch that far. Cheers

The ritual takes place every Friday evening. However you can be lucky like me to watch it twice at 12.00 in two consecutive days. These were paid by groups of pilgrims.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back